Truck Season Automotive Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 4, 2005
The Journal of Light Construction (JLC) is aimed towards builders to provide information about the tools and techniques of doing the job right and profitably. Articles go into far more depth than This Old House (not that hard to do) with a focus on the specifications, performance characteristics and ease of use about particular materials or building technique... this real world orientation also extends towards how to be a profitable builder, while maintaining quality standards. I would imagine that this would be extremely useful to anyone in the building trades.

I am not a builder but find the magazine extremely useful and interesting. I have been fortunate to work with a number of fine builders on major rennovation and home building projects and the information from JLC has allowed me to better manage my projects and understand the building process.

I'd recommend the JLC to builders and others with a real interest and at least a moderate understanding of construction. Along with Fine Homebuilding, this is one of the more useful magazine titles on the topic.
19 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
on May 12, 2008
I agree completely with the other review.

This "insider" magazine is very worthwhile for a homeowner who is preparing to remodel.

For one thing, you will learn how to judge the professionalism of potential contractors.

I also recommend "Fine Homebuilding"
|0Comment|Report abuse