Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 31, 2003
I wanted a widescreen (16:9) HD 27 inch tube TV. A search for "widescreen HD 27 HDTV" on Amazon gave me this one, and the specs and price looked good. The photo looks sort of widescreen. IT IS NOT! This is a normal 4:3 TV, not the newer 16:9 widescreen format.
If you want a 4:3 screen, then this HD-capable TV is a true value. The soft-touch buttons on the front are classy, although scrolling through the screen inputs is a bit tedious. It has two component HD inputs, and four yellow composite video inputs, but only one s-video input, and that is on the side panel. Strange. And when you plug in a yellow composite video source into the side, it overrides one of the rear inputs.
I am exchanging this for the 26" Samsung 2670WHF widescreen HD-capable TV that actually has a widescreen.
17 people found this helpful
on November 11, 2006
I bought one of these from a friend, so mine came used and is about two years old. It's in fantastic condition and I've had none of the problems that other posters are complaining about.

My previous TV was a six year old Sony Trinitron that I loved, but I think I like this one better. The screen is more flat that my old Trinitron and the picture is sharper and dark colors -- especially blacks -- appear better. Walking down an unlit tunnel in the xbox video game HALO, you really get the appearance of a real tunnel, not a grey-light area.

Picture quality in 480p with the xbox is great -- just like a computer monitor with clear colors and excellent resolution. 1080i HDTV Television broadcasts are amazing. The local news uses HDTV for local reports and the pictures and color are amazing. I love the detail when you can see fans in the stadium of a football game or the texture of someone's face while a guest on the Late show on CBS. I've had this TV for a year and still get a kick out of the picture quality.

This unit has two component video inputs which allows me to get top picture quality with an XBOX and an external HDTV DVD player/Tuner unit without having to switch cables, etc.

The side access to SVIDEO, RCA and headphones makes it very comfortable to plug in headphones, video cameras, etc, without having to reach around back.

I really like this TV and thing its a bargain at the used prices I'm seeing for it.
on July 11, 2005
I bought this tv a few years ago at a local store as an open box item for 530. I definetly got the warranty. After about a month the buttons on the front started illuminating which forced the tv to change channels. I had it fixed (for free) and have not had one problem since that was replaced. I even replaced it myself after the replacement item was shipped to my house. I believe for half the price of the other higher end names this tv is a super steal and the picture is awesome paired with an hd signal.
One person found this helpful
on May 10, 2004
The "heat sensitive" buttons detect too much - we will be watching tv and the volume and/or channels will just start to go up...and up...and up. Once they start, there's no stopping them. It is so frustrating!
4 people found this helpful
on August 4, 2009
I bought this TV new at Fry's Electronics in 2004 and it has worked great and continues to work great. I'm sure there are many of these becoming for sale with people wanting to upgrade to newer slimmer models. I just thought that I would share that this TV has worked awesome since new and is still kicking!
on February 25, 2006
First problem was right before the warranty expired, fortunately. The ol' "touch buttons on-the-front self-scrolling" problem. Warranty service took 2 weeks to fix it. Now, the d#@% thing shuts off by itself, & won't turn back on. I'm still debating whether to fix it or junk it. I paid $700 new, back in '03 from Best Buy. It was my "Worst Buy".
One person found this helpful
on June 10, 2005
My tv is 15 months old and the volume and channel buttons are going like crezy even with the batteries out of the remote. For the price, this tv is a stinker. Stay away if you don't want repair bills.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.