Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on December 31, 2012
I own two S7000's. My review is simple. I purchased my first S7000 new in 2004. It served me well as my first digital camera. I love the way it takes excellent macro pics. It is hard on batteries and I quickly learned that lithium batteries were the only thing that would last for long. My biggest challenge with this camera is the delay between the time you press the button to capture your image vs. the time the image is actually taken. With the slight delay, I had to work and practice a lot to capture images at the exact time I wanted them. This was especially important to me when shooting pics of my family playing sports. Several snap-on attachments I acquired for the lens seemed to be a waste of time and money. I am especially fond of the fact that you have the option to use a view finder or the small monitor on the back of the camera to frame your shots. With my vision being slightly less than perfect, I enjoy the view finder because it makes the images much sharper than the viewing screen. A simple press of a button lets you switch betweeen these two options.
A few years ago I upgraded to a Nikon camera but I continued to use my S7000 for macro shots and locations (sporting arenas) where professional cameras (my Nikon) was not allowed. Approximately three years ago my S7000 suddenly quit working. The view finder/monitor on the camera would not display clear images. Any pics taken also showed the same scrambled image. Attempts to get the camera repaired were met with expensive estimates of around $200. Eventually I found a used S7000 on Amazon at a very reasonable price. Even with the few shortcomings, I am very happy to have another S7000.
Note: With regards to the above mentioned purchase, I procrastinated and did not immediately rate the Amazon seller of the S7000 I purchased several months ago. When I tried to rate them recently, I discovered an Amazon policy that would no longer allow me to do so. I would like to thank Amazon seller BFuller563 for the entire buying experience of my second S7000. The purchase was handled perfectly, the seller communicated with me in an extraordinary manner, and I highly recommend BFuller563 to others.
on June 23, 2004
I did a lot of research for my big move from the original HP 1 megapixel digital camera I have had for the last 3 years. I wanted to purchase a camera that placed me close to my old SLR Film days and the Fuji S7000 is that camera and a whole lot more.
I looked closely at products from Canon, Pentax, HP, and Nikon and found that dollar for dollar, the Fuji S7000 was an excellent choice. The pictures that this camera takes are incredable to say the least. I took pictures from 2 Meg up to the 12 Meg and also using the RAW settings, and the color saturation and clarity are awesome. Obviously the best shots are at the 6 Meg level, but what range you have! Wow! Also, the Macro and Super Macro settings are a lot of fun and get the minute details that you really want with close up shots.
Lastly, I have not run into any of the problems that I have read in a few of the prior reviews, ie. the battery drain from the CF Media or noise on film (I even tried the shot with the lens cap on and no lines (noise) recorded!) I did buy a double set of good quality rechargable batteries and have taken a lot of shots with no problems. Buy it quick and (...) it's an even better buy!!!
I love this camera and look forward to many years of fantastic photos!
on December 5, 2003
I had the chance to tinker with this camera and had it set to 12MP, Fine, and soft sharpness as suggested by one reviewer here. Started taking pictures mostly outside without the flash. I was so delighted with the shots that I had them developed at a local Kodak processing center. 5 A4 sizes and the rest in 6X4s. This is a native 6MP camera but the shots taken at 12 MP can rival a 9 or 10MP camera without paying extra. The printed photos were just amazingly clean of noise and artifacts.
I suggest getting a circular polarizer with it because it just brings out more vibrant color to your outdoor shots.
I am so thrilled with the performance that I have started buying accessories for it to really take advantage of all its features.
The accessories I bought are
1. Adapter ring (I suggest getting 55-55 not the suggested 55-52)I bought mine from cameragear.com because it is not availble from any stores in amazon.
2. Tiffen deluxe filter set (FL-D, Neutral Density, Warming Filter)
3. Tiffen circular polarizer
4. Vivitar 285HV Professional Flash (this one is highly recommended from pro to amateur users because of its price and features)I got mine from amazon as well.
All this accessories only cost me U$ 160.00 but it really brought out the best from the S7000.
For the price and feature set, nothing comes close to the s7000. It is the new king of prosumer digicams at the moment.
on December 3, 2003
I have been using this camera extensively for the past week and I am liking it more and more. First things first, this is not for the casual point and shooter although with some fine tuning of settings it can also deliver good results in Auto. The camera shines best when in manual mode. The noise that reviewers talk about are non-existent in the prints I have made. This is mainly because these reviewers just examines the photos in their computer monitors. Naturally, it will exhibit noise because monitors are not the most faithful in showing the "real picture". In my case, The photos are beautiful at a4 size printed from 6MP with sharpness tuned to "soft". To have full control I suggest shooting in 12MP raw, fine, and soft sharpness. I have been so lucky so have so far all noise-free, vibrant and true to life images from this S7000. And the real kicker is that it cost way less than the competition.
on January 19, 2005
This is my 2nd digital comera. I have been using

it for over 8 months. I am very happy with this camera.

I agree with other reviews about the good photo quality

from this camera. Just to address something not heavily

covered by other reviews.

1. I am using Hitachi's 2GB microdrive and MAGICSTOR's

2.2G microdrive. No problem for continuous 5-shooting

with the highest resoultion setting (5-meg, fine),

where each picture is about 4.8Meg byte in size.

Microdrive is fast enough.

2. With microdrive, this camera can capture >30 min of

video at its highest setting (640x320, 30-frame/sec).

The video lenght is limited by my microdrive disk

space.

3. With microdrive, the captured video does not show

any slack, and dragging effects. You don't need to

use xD-card for video capturing. The microdrive is

already fast enough for non-stop video capturing.

4. This camera has very very good video capturing power.

The captured video is better than my JVC camcorder.

The color is more vivid. The focus is far more sharper.

The audio capturing is more clear than my JVC camcorder.

5. Excellent low-light video capturing power.

Here is the best part, virtually all camcorders don't

capture good videos under low-light condition. This

camera is very good in video capturing under low light

condition. In a kid's birthday party, when all the light

is off, with only the few candle lights on the cake,

it still can capture good video. Pretty amazing....

I do a lot of video shootings for my 4 and 3 years old

daughters. Instead of using my camcorder, I use this

Fuji S7000 most of the time for video capturings.

I highly recommend this camera for both photo shooting and

video shooting.
on January 28, 2013
Purchasing this Fujifilm FinePix was a great solution for my husband. His original camera, identical to this one, was in need of repair which would have cost more than purchasing this camera. It arrived promptly in original packaging and it works great. He is 81 years old and had no desire to attempt to get used to a new camera, so this was a perfect fit for him. He is thankful to have a working camera again.
on August 2, 2004
I got this item as a gift for myself after a vast amount of research. The other camera that I was looking at was the new Canon digital elph. My mother ended up purchasing that one and I chose the fuji. My previous camera was a canon digital elph, and I liked it very much. That being said, this Fuji far exeeded my expectations in every way. It is a lot bigger, so if you want small stick with canon; however, when comparing the same picture, from the same distance, in the same lighting my camera blew my mother's canon away in clarity. The only complaint I have is that I wish it had a rechargeable lithium battery instead of taking double A's. I do love the ability for dual media and I took a picture of a flower on macro only to find there was a bug on that flower that I couldn't even see. I really love this camera and all my friends want one now.
review image review image review image
on April 9, 2015
The best fuji camera, better than newest models. Why Fuji make new bad models? This is my second S7000, anterior died after 30.000 pictures.
I tried with another newest model, it was only problems with all camera.
on June 19, 2004
I am "in love" with this camera! I have NO COMPLAINTS whatsoever about it, except maybe for the fact that the neck strap is in the way of my hands, but that's CERTAINLY not a reason for not buying this camera! The results of the pictures are absolutely beautiful, even at the lowest setting. It has a LOT of bells and whistles--for the photo-tech--and enough automatic functions to make a novice happy! I can't say enough about this camera. I am overjoyed that I now own such. The pictures are beautiful both on-screen and printed out. You WON'T be disappointed in purchasing this one.
on October 4, 2004
I bought this camera in september of 04 and am very pleased with the results. The image quality is sharp and the picture can be blown up without distortion. It looks and feels like an SLR although I was expecting the auto focus to be quicker. I also bought the 256mb compact-flash card and I get a little over 50 pictures in 12mp mode so I would definitely buy a memory card. I am now using it for my sister's senior pictures and am very particular about my photos. This camera excedes expectations. If you want a great camera for a great price, I would no doubt by this camera.