BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 7, 2005
We purchased this television in October 2003 from our local REX (also purchased an extended warranty - not worth it!!). Anyway, shortly after we purchased it, we noticed that the a/v hookups on the back pull out when you remove the cords (this was not abusive pulling, just normal use). We were able to push the two that came out, back in and all was well until we purchased a TiVo and tried to disconnect our other satellite box and connect the new one. Once again, the a/v hookups pulled out - this time it was all 6 and not just 2 (again, we were extra careful knowing that two had already come out). You are able to put them back in, but the picture is no longer clear (lots of fuzz and stray lines running across the screen). Anyway, we contacted REX about fixing it, as it is under a 36 month extended warranty - so we are well within the bounds. We were told that it would not be covered, since it fell under the "abuse" category. The warranty only covers the television if it breaks just sitting there - and when does that happen. To me, this constitutes a product defect. Since when is carefully plugging in and carefully unplugging components abuse? We own many televisions and have NEVER had this type of problem. I would not recommend this television, as I expect much more for the almost $700.00 that we paid for it. We are more than likely looking at a couple of hundred dollar repair bill, which will push us close to the $1000 range - for which I could have purchased a big screen tv.
on November 30, 2010
This has been a great tv for me. I've had it for 5 years now with not a single problem. Paid $450 for it from a friend who paid $750. They said it was HDTV ready, and I think it is if you have a the HD box. Decent sound, good picture!

Never had trouble with the back panel inputs pulling out and I've plugged and replugged things alot!
on January 31, 2008
I wouldn't put a lot of weight into one review. I've had mine for years and I've never had a problem. I've connected - disconnected and reconnected Cable, Games, DVD players so many times I've lost count and never had a problem with the back being lose.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.