Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 10, 2009
I was a bit reluctant to buy this because of the name. I did find out that it is made by Samsung and that was O.K. for me. I paid 2000.00 for this 5 years ago. Other than the remote being just "FUNKY", I have no complaints. The picture is as bright, clear and beautiful as the day I first powered it up. Even though it is only ED, my family and friends who own HD's can't tell the difference, of couse with a HD signal. Picture quality in standard broadcast is not that good, actually awful. But who would buy a ED or HD tv without having a HD incoming signal? If I can find a new "old stock" of this same unit I would buy it in a heartbeat. Especially for the price you would be able to buy it for today.
on October 27, 2013
You will need to replace the power supply board (or a capacitor on it if you know how) after about 5 yrs. it's a common problem with this model.
on July 5, 2009
I've had this tv since 2004 and at first I could not figure out why the colors were so washed out. Then I realized that I needed to upgrade the cables to RGB. After that, the picture quality was outstanding. I have never had a problem with the system and with the additional features it has, I have definitely under used it.
on November 20, 2008
there is no worst tv out there that this one
I expend $3900 dollars in Augost in 2005 the image is ok
but after 39 months the signal of the cable get lost and you have to reset the tv like 100 times to get the signal of the cable back
when I bought it they said that I will have a tv for the next 10 years for sure now I have to scrapp it
sorry bad quality
on August 24, 2004
Having owned a competitors plasma in the past, I must say the AKAI definitely outshines it. I went a local retailer and compared picture quality. The AKAI stood out to a point where I thought it might even be high definition. The picture is extremely bright and clear and I am very happy with my purchase.
HALL OF FAMEon April 26, 2004
This plasma TV sold under the little-known Akai name is actually a rebranded, old-generation plasma screen made by south korea's Samsumg, which still has a reputation for questionable quality control. The buttons on the display unit I played with felt loose and unresponsive, and the picture quality was very disappointing. Anything darker than 50% gray became indistinuishable, and colors are washed out and unpleasant. To me it's incredible this unit costs so much more than superior offerings from Gateway and Viewsonic.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.