Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 445 reviews(1 star). See all 10,235 reviews
on April 12, 2015
I purchased this thing just over 1 year ago, which is unfortunate because apparently there is a 1 year warranty. In the last year I have used it roughly 5 times, hand washed it, and stored it in my pantry with my other kitchen appliances. I was really excited today because I found a new recipe that required spiraled zucchini. I took this thing out, stuck it to the counter, attached the zucchini, and the plastic handle literally CRUMBLED off in my hands. I stood there stunned, then went to remove the zucchini and the piece holding the spiked part on crumbled in half as well.
review image review image review image
55 comments| 458 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2017
Just no effective...I don't know where those great reviews are coming from unless those folks are only using zucchini. Tried for quite a while to spiralize a carrot and all I got were little c-shaped chunks, unattractive and not what I wanted. Watched a youtube video and the seasoned user doing the video got the same sort of chunks using a sweet potato but seemed to want me to think that was the desired results...nope, want spirals. The suction cups do not stay attached to the counter by a long shot. I already have a mandolin to slice things thing so this is just not a useful addition if it's not going to spiralize. Was really hoping to like it.
on August 2, 2015
Really wanted to rate this at 5 stars, but after 6 months of periodic use (2-3 times a week), it's basically broken. Anything harder than a zucchini squash jams the blades, and the spinner where you 'mount' the veggies has lost its traction. If this were made with metal, or in such a way you could tighten it, it might be okay, but as its a plastic cooking utensil, you'll only get low mileage out of it, which feels like a waste of $30 when its all said and done. Great concept, poor durability and therefore value.

UPDATED PHOTO: Found the culprit; cheap plastic and thread connection has apparently had multiple breaks inside the crank mechanism. This explains why this device will, in time, break and lose grip on anything solid.
review image
0Comment| 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2014
I made the mistake of not testing this product as soon as I received it. Being very busy with life in general, the slicer sat in my closet for 3 months until I decided to try to make spiral eggplant. The slicer jammed after about a third of the eggplant was sliced and then would only spin around not producing the noodle-like product i had hoped.
on October 2, 2014
This does not suction to the counter, and the blade is very dull. If two people work together to hold it down and turn the handle, they can almost use it.
on June 18, 2017
This item does NOT work they way it is portrayed. I tried and tried to use it and nothing worked. I finally gave up and repacked the box to return it, then found out my window had closed on June 2, 2017 to return it, so I am stuck with a $24.35 item that isn't worth 35 cents.
on August 22, 2016
This thing is awful! I'm so bummed I bought it. It broke in the first day because the cranking handle fell off. I also can not get this thing to suction to any surface in my kitchen so it moves all over the place when in use. Do not spend your money on this product! ' oh and lastly.. I'm not even sure I got what I ordered..? It came in an unbranded box with no packaging or anything holding it still in the box... It was very strange!!
on February 15, 2016
Most of the reviews for this product seem to be for a different product, an older version or something. Unfortunately I'm past my return period, I figured there would be a little learning curve to this thing and we don't use it very much. Probably because it's so hard to use. It doesn't really work unless the piece you are spiralizing is less than 2"long. That means you have to cut a zucchini into 4 pieces. Each piece you spiralize you have about a half inch of waste, so that's about 2"total of your zucchini that you can't spiralize, so if your doing 4 zucchini your basically wasting 1 whole zucchini. Once you get this figured out it works great, but Amazon needs to fix this problem with reviews. If the seller updates a product the reviews should not stay because it is now a different item.
on May 10, 2015
I don't use this very often. The third time I used it, the metal piece that guides the skewer that allows the item to be spiralized fell out, rendering the machine useless, at least for the size of "spiralizing" that I use. Nice idea, poor quality product.
on January 10, 2017
Used for the first time today. Broke in seconds.
review image