Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on January 8, 2013
I purchased this clock for my daughter because I've been using this same clock for years. It works great, aside from occasionally screwing up on the daylight savings time. The dual alarms are perfect and easy to turn on and off without having to reset for the following day and the clock itself is compact so it doesn't take up a lot of space on the nightstand.
on March 3, 2006
I bought this clock as a birthday gift for my husband. He really wanted a dual-alarm clock that had separate settings for weekdays and weekends. He also wanted one he could read at night without putting on his glasses. This clock does both and does them beautifully! It's a very intuitive design - I didn't even need to read the directions in order to set it up. I literally plugged it into the wall and the clock set itself to the correct time. The clockface is easy to read at night. The radio works well and the whole unit takes up only about 4 square inches of space on the nightstand. It's a great unit and we are both very pleased!
on May 18, 2006
I didn't buy this for the alarm, though I do use it in a pinch. I bought this to replace an AM/FM radio, and I was amazed at the sound that this puts out. It sounds like stereo, and it's preset "equalizer" is just the right mix of bass and treble. FM sounds great!

And the auto time set is great. When that feature first came out, you were look at $75 minimum just for a clock. Now we use this one as the standard by which to set all the other clocks in the house.

And, again, it's only $30.
on February 13, 2010
This clock is very hard to set. The instructions are unclear, would not recommend this item.
on August 4, 2016
I own this clock. I bought it at a garage sale for $4 not knowing anything about it but liking the blue display. First off this is NOT complicated. It works much like other alarm clocks - push and hold to get a flashing display which you can then set to the desired time. It really is relatively easy. Under the flap on top there are 2 buttons, one for each of the alarms. One is for the buzzer alarm. One is for the radio alarm. As stated, push and hold to set a time. Once the time is set, you can push the button to turn the alarm on, and push it again to turn it off. Easy. Both alarms can be "on" concurrently. The time you set is always remembered until you push/hold/set a different time. So whether the alarm is set (on) or not set (off), the time you last set it for is remembered. Thus all I have to do to turn on my alarm on a Sunday evening is push the button, and it is set. I generally keep one alarm set for 6am which I use during the weekdays, and the other for 8am for the weekends. I never have to adjust the times unless I need to wake earlier on any given day. On top is a large snooze button and a smaller OFF button. This is the button you press to stop the alarm each morning. And when you stop the alarm, it is automatically still set for the next day and the next day etc. You have to lift the flap and tap the alarm button to "unset" the alarm. The buzzer is a regular single beep beep beep. The radio is which ever station you want. Did I get it for the audio quality? No. It's an inexpensive clock radio. I DID get it for the blue dimmable display. It has 3 Levels of display - Bright, which is too bright for me. Medium, which doesn't glow through my eyelids but is still a little too bright for when I look at the clock at night. And Low. Low is perfect. It emits a dim soft blue glow which is easy on the eyes at night. No USB port but that's fine with me. Love this clock. Love the display. And yes I do know where the buttons are so I can set it in the dark if I need to. It really ISN'T complicated.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 26, 2009
I have had this clock for years and it is the best alarm clock I have ever had. A few great features are: the radio sound is great, it automatically sets the time, duel alarms are perfect for my husband and me, weekday/weekend option is great, and it has a back-up system if the power goes out. We have the clock on our boat so the back-up system is wonderful for when we go out sailing for an extended period of time. It goes into a power saving mode and the batteries seem to last forever.

My one problem with the clock is a feature that used to be great and has become a problem. The clock is designed to reset for daylight savings time. When they changed the date for daylight saving it caused the problem. The clock now resets on the wrong date. So this morning my husband got into the car and found out that he is an hour late for work. Today is not daylight savings day; it is the day that used to be daylight savings time (that excuse is a little more difficult to explain). I am currently online to find a way to fix the problem because it is a perfect clock for me otherwise.
22 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 7, 2006
It's not "dual alarm" as its name implies. It's a M-F alarm and a weekend alarm. If you are among the thousands of us, health care workers and the like, who don't get every weekend off, it's not designed for you. You have to manually adjust every different wake time, running up or down through all the minutes.

Incredibly, it has no off-switch. If you wake up before the alarm goes off, you can't disable it. You have to wait for it to buzz, then turn it off. That's just plain annoying.

UPDATE: OK, I have had this thing a few weeks now, and I have learned some new things about it. The directions don't exactly tell you this, but if you read between the lines, you figure out you can set one wake time on the buzzer, and another on the radio, setting them both for "Everyday." Then switch back and forth as you need. If you want to turn it off before it alarms, find the secret buttons under the little door, figure out which one is which, and turn off the alarm.

Make it 2 stars.
on March 5, 2007
Unless the manufacturer has updated this with a new model, you'll be very disappointed when the time does NOT advance one hour on March 11, 2007 (you will have to adjust it yourself). And then, 3 weeks later, it WILL advance an hour (following the old rules) and you'll have to manually set it back an hour.

Come October & November, you'll get to go through that chicken dance again, in reverse.

If that doesn't matter to you, then it's a reasonably good product. Just don't be fooled: It is NOT an "atomic clock" that sets itself via radio signals -- it does an "auto time set" using a long-life internal battery (should be good for 5 years or more) and the time is set before it leaves the factory. The AAA batteries that YOU supply are to power the display and buzzer if the power goes out; the clock keeps time with the other battery that the manufacturer put into it.
33 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 22, 2006
I bought this clock radio for my guest room because it would fit into a small space, but when I tried it out, it was so nice that I decided to put it in the kitchen instead. It is easy to turn on and off. I LOVE it. We are going to buy another one for my husband's 91 year old mother, because it is so easy to turn on and off and the time display is large. I would definitely recommend it to someone who is using it as I am.
VINE VOICEon October 11, 2006
This has too many bells and whistles. I still need to read the manual to set the occcasional second alarm as there are so many buttons to press - wake-up time, M-F or Weekend setting, radio frequency, etc. Also, most of the buttons are not well-labeled. It is not an intuitive alarm clock that most of us can set even without directions.