Top positive review
12 people found this helpful
Just bought it...
on April 17, 2006
First things first:
1) Picture: Great, easy to move between various aspect ratio, nice preset picture options and lots of good customizations
2) Sound: I am entirely satisfied with the sound. There is no hiss whatsoever, even when operating it at higher volumes. Once again, there are some great preset audio settings and also some nice ways to customize.
3) Inputs: There are inputs all over the place. Unless you have a dozen VCRs and DVD players, it will be utterly sufficient.
4) Misc: Remote works well, quite light, nice stand, all around very enjoyable.
5) Here's the caveat, I just bought this and I have only tried it out on a few DVDs and with a few shows. I don't know if it is going to hold up perfectly for years to come, but the initial experience is great. If it breaks, then I will certainly revise my review, but so far, so good.
I got this for a great price on clearance. The price was low enough that I decided to purchase a three year warranty to go with it. That way, even if it doesn't hold up well, I'll at least have a working replacement set for three years.