Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on January 4, 2013
I have used this product for years. It's size makes it very portable.

The keyboard action feels extremely nice. It feels as good as if not better than it's higher priced competitors (ie Axiom 25). The keys feel like they are made from high quality material. When you press down on them the action is not springy but feels good like a standard keyboard. There is no weighted action here, but some of us prefer it that way.

There are plenty of high quality silicon knobs that can be useful when assigning controls in Rerason, FL Studio, or Ableton Live.

Customer service is great. I had to send one of the older models back because the USB port stopped working. They sent me back a newer model with the free sampler software no questions asked. I could tell it was newer because certain models have the blue LED light and some the red.

On top of being a great musical instrument it includes free sample kits which are quite decent.

This keyboard is a bargain and I would choose this over it's higher priced competitors. You definitely get more than what you paid for.
1 helpful vote
on November 5, 2007
This controller is exactly what it's cracked up to be: affordable, versatile, and compact. The simple LCD feedback is surprisingly excellent, the keys, knobs, wheels all have a familiar, reliable feel. I simply plugged it into the usb, it got power, xp recognized it as a midi audio something or other, and I was immediately sending midi signals to Live.

Cons: One knob only registers ~100 degrees (not the full 270 or whatever). Not a big deal.

Also, the included VST instrument software isn't working with Live right now, and the error message + help documentation is weak.

Overall, I look forward to exploring what I can do with this. It's small size and power-via-usb is a huge plus for mobility!
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on August 13, 2007
Great piece of hardware for a beginner (like me). Programming is a bit difficult, and I have yet to figure out how to use the included Proteus software, but overall a great product. Solid build quality. No problems at all.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on August 9, 2008
This midi controller is the best in its price range without a doubt. I compared it to the Oxygen series. Yes the Axiom may have more features, but you will pay much more for that item. This controller blows the Oxygen line out of the water. Although the keys are not advertised as being weighted, each key has a small steel weight attached to the underside to give it a weighted feel. I was very impressed. It also has 16 knobs, more than enough for controlling my favorite vsts in Fl Studio. It also works great with Reason.

My only complaint is the included softsynth. EMU doesn't say it in the marketing materials, but it is mentioned in the manual (AFTER YOU HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT IT THINKING THAT YOU ARE GETTING AN INCLUDED SYNTH), that you have to have an EMU AUDIO CARD in order for it to work.

All in all I am giving this a five just becuase the keys and knobs feel great, and I already have enough vsts to not need the included one.
11 helpful votes
12 helpful votes
on August 11, 2010
I had another version of this board a couple years back. The full sized 49 key version. My first impression after taking it out of the box was WOW !! I could not believe how well it was built. After being the unfortunate owner of M Audio garbage, the E Mu absolutely blew me away. It is constructed and feels like a stand alone synth. If you are a keyboardist, you will feel right at home with this board. This is a very programable, versatile piece of equipment. I didn't really mess around too much programming all the various controls. I used it primarily with Reason and it was recognised with no difficulty. If I recall corectly, most of the knobs auto programed with the various soft synths. My former band broke up and I lost ownership of it. I now have a small home studio, and the only thing missing is one of these. I'll be getting another very soon. VERY HIGHLY RECOMENDED if your are tired of dealing with faulty M Audio garbage, and their piss poor, disgracefull customer service. E Mu has been around several decades for a reason !!
1 helpful vote
on July 1, 2009
I just recieved this controller in the mail about an hour ago and already I'm fiddling around with it making a few little beats and what not. The software that it comes with is very easy to install, so for all you people looking to buy your first controller (like I was) it didn't cause me any headaches. I simply plugged in the controller, put the disc in the cd drive and off it went installing all of the drivers and software. I'm not an expert but so far the E-MU is standing up to all of my expectations.
3 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.