Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Maker
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on August 21, 2010
I am glad to see that Amazon has corrected the item description about this coffee maker.

Two vendors on Amazon (Monster Hot Deals and K&M Supplies) were advertising this coffee maker, model #47455E as being a model #47454 that Consumer Reports ranked as their top rated coffee maker. I had to return both shipments. One vendor, Monster Hot Deals sent me an email when I questioned it telling me that they were the same. Be careful when dealing with them.

The model 47455E is a model that was made for Costco to distribute in their stores exclusively (per Hamilton Beach customer service at 800-851-8900) and in fact this model #47455E does not even appear on the Hamilton Beach website as a current model, ([...]).

If you are searching for a model #47454 please call Hamilton Beach customer service before purchasing this inferior model, #47455E.

I did finally find the real model #47454 and am just loving it. Drinking a yummy cup of coffee as I type this.

Once again, thank you to Amazon for correcting the item description and model # in the ad so that others can clearly see what they are purchasing and not be misled as I was by MonsterHotDeals and K&M Supplies.
1515 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2010
I love the Hamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe. The coffee gets hot and stays hot without any burnt or bitter taste. There is no carafe to break and replace, and break and replace, and break and so on. It's tall and narrow, so it doesn't take a lot of counter space like its less expensive standard Brewstation cousin, and it has a nice look. And you can set the timer to keep the coffee hot for four hours, also unlike the standard Brewstation (which is important when you have a predawn-rising spouse!).This is the second time I've bought this item, and thought I'd try the less-expensive version instead -- it's now collecting dust in storage because of the reasons I've just mentioned. You do have to be careful when cleaning it that no grounds get stuck under the gasket in the "carafe" causing it to leak and drip, but other than that, we got three great years out of our first one before we started getting that old, stale coffee taste. Just keep it clean, run vinegar through it occasionally, and I know you'll be satisfied with this coffee maker.
44 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2009
I really like this machine. I like the design, the convenience and the coffee it makes, BUT...I bought one of these a few years ago and loved it - until it started leaking. There were several times that I'd start it brewing, come back 10 minutes later and find coffee all over the counter and floor. I cleaned the valve regularly and still had the problem. I bought a different machine after that one, but didn't like it nearly as well. So I'm taking a chance again...making sure to keep it clean to that nothing accumulates that could make the valve stick. It's only been about 6 weeks, but I haven't had any problems.
on November 8, 2010
We had a Cuisinart coffee maker that quit working recently after about 5 years. I liked the carafe-less design on it but we're on a tight budget so didn't want to spend the $100+ that a new one would run. My husband has a 4 cup version of this hamilton Beach at work that he convinced me worked really well and brewed great tasting decaf coffee. When I found this, I decided it was worth a try especially for the price.

We've had it for 3 months now and I love it. I don't miss my Cuisinart. The brew time is about 7 minutes for a full pot (12 cups). I don't know what temperature the water reaches while brewing - the coffee tastes great.

It is also quieter than the Cuisinart was and does not beep at the end of the brew cycle. I know some prefer having a beep, but the less obnoxious beeping things in my life, the better. The 1-4 cup option is good during the week when I am making a smaller pot for just myself. Although it has an option to keep the pot on for 4 hours, I've found that the 2 hour option is just right. The coffee still tastes good after 2 hours. At 3 hours, it was ok. At 4 hours, it didn't taste burnt, but it was definitely bitter.

The one feature that did not add to the flavor ironically is the Flavorful button. It seemed like it just made the brew time twice as long and extracted more of the less desirable flavors of the coffee.

I know it is important for the temperature of the water to be just right and the brew time to be about 6 minutes for great tasting coffee. I also know that using freshly ground coffee is best. BUT here's the thing, I don't want to wake my kids up at 5 am using a coffee grinder, and generally when I wake up in the morning, I like to be lazy and just reach for my mug and fill it from a pre-programmed already brewed pot. Those are the factors that I am using for this review. So if you are a real coffee connoiseur and want that fresh ground, perfect temp water, perfect timed brew, this may not live up to your expectations. If you're like me and are super busy during the week and program your coffee maker the night before and use pre-ground coffee, this machine does a wonderful job of brewing a good tasting hot cup of coffee.
on April 9, 2011
AFTER 6 MONTHS: It has clogged!!! There is a small screened filter type thing on top of the spigot where the coffee comes out. Even though I have been religious about cleaning this machine every 30 days per specs (vinegar) and have even used commercial coffee cleaner on it, this piece has clogged up with coffee oil, sediment, who knows what. You cannot remove this piece for cleaning and the screen is too small for a toothpick -- it's ridiculous. The coffee now trickles out and that only after pressing the cup very hard on the dispenser, holding the rear of the coffee maker in my other hand. I'm sort of glad I didn't throw out the old coffee pot, I'll be using that until I find a suitable replacement. In short -- do not buy!

ORIGINAL REVIEW:I was a little skeptical about getting this, but we needed a new coffee maker so I bit the bullet. The first couple of days I was NOT happy until I figured out they really meant it when they said to NOT use heaping measures of coffee. I now only use about 7/8 of a scoop per every two cups and the coffee is much better. It's so nice now to have coffee already brewed when I get up in the morning.
on December 5, 2008
I have bought 3 of these. I love that it has no carafe! Only problem is that they have all eventually leaked. I think there should be a recall on the mechanism that releases the coffee into your cup, but until that happens, as much as I have loved this coffee maker, I will not buy another one!!!!
on April 16, 2011
Great machine that brews a perfect cup! Elegant design and has an unobtrusive counter-top foot print. Very quiet brew cycle until the last 10 seconds wherein it makes the typical coffee machine hiss and gurgle. I would definitely reHamilton Beach Brewstation Deluxe Coffee Makercommend.
on January 29, 2009
This is our third machine and it's the last Hamilton Beach product we'll ever buy. The dispenser always breaks, each and every time. They don't have parts even though it's an easy fix. For this price I want better quality.

This last time they offered to replace the coffee maker for a 49.95 restocking fee plus we have to pay to ship the electrical cord back after we follow their cut-it-up instructions. Seriously, a 49.95 restocking fee. Someone must carry it around the warehouse on a velvet pillow. They've lost a customer for good this time.
on November 27, 2010
We owned the original Brew Station that came out 5 years or so ago. It never leaked, was easy to use, and made great tasting hot coffee. This is a great upgrade in many ways to the original:
- Still makes great tasting hot coffee
- Easy to use
- Rollers on the bottom makes filling the reservoir even easier

All in all, a great upgrade to an already great coffee maker.
on March 17, 2011
Time for a new coffee maker ? Me too ! After over 30 yrs of the traditional glass pot coffee makers, I decided to try a brew station. I did my homework and read lots of reviews on all makes and models as well as contacting Hamilton Beach directly to find out what their latest model # was. I purchased the Hamilton Beach BrewStation Deluxe Model # 47454. I was very pleased with the coffee station....easy to assemble, easy to clean, the coffee was so wonderfully HOT .....and stays HOT as long as you set the automatic shut off for either 1 to 4 hours..that works well on the weekends when home from work to enjoy the full 12 cups ! I have not had one drip in the drip tray ! The filter basket if plastic and the paper filters work well...no grinds in the coffee ! I highly recommend this coffee station. If you have an elder relative living with you or even visiting....this is GREAT ! - they do not have to lift that heavy glass pot to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee or better yet...wait for you to serve it ! Just place that cup underneath and press and WOW a wonderful cup of hot coffee. I also like the flavor + feature on the control panel....I use flavored coffee all the time and this tastes much better than my traditional coffee pot !!! I am sure you will love this product as well.