Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 26, 2007
I am not a huge coffee drinker, and was essentially looking for a basic coffee maker to have mostly for guests. I like the clean, white look - and it's very easy to clean. I have used it several times, and is very simple and quick! I have been using the water filter, and I would suggest that - it's only a few bucks!
on December 8, 2007
Then this is the coffee maker for you. It's easy enough to use, a bottom-of-the-line model with no bells and whistles, but with 4 annoying flaws.
The worst is that the coffee never comes out hot -- it's at an easy-to- drink heat that's not hot enough for me. Second, the heating plate doesn't keep the coffee hot enough. Third, there's no automatic shutoff, a nuisance. Fourth, the carafe drips a lot when it's poured at any but the slowest rate.
11 people found this helpful
on November 14, 2009
I've had this coffee pot for about 5 years and I really love it. It brews quickly, is easy to pour, and the carafe is easy to clean. I've broken several carafes just being clutsy, but have always chosen to order a new carafe rather than buy a new coffee pot. I recently bought a new coffee pot just because I thought this one was geting too old, but I was quickly dissatisfied with my new model and will now be ordering more VB12's. Like another reviewer said, the coffee is not scalding, but definitely still has to cool before I can drink it. What I like is that it is sufficiently cooled within about 5 mins, rather than the 15-20 mins required by hotter coffee makers.
on June 12, 2009
This coffee maker is disliked by many because of a few problems with the lid, the way the water goes through the coffee, and the basket, all which tend to make the coffee weaker than it ought to be. That wastes a lot of coffee! So when mine quit yesterday, after only a few months of poor operation, I was not too displeased, for today I shall head to K Mart and pick up a new one, of a different brand.
One person found this helpful
on July 29, 2008
I bought this as a replacement for a 12-y-o tried-and-true Mr. Coffee coffee maker. It is terrible: the design is such that the grounds easily back up into the water reservoir; the reservoir is impossible to clean; the carafe leaks so much there might as well be holes in it; and the venting holes in the back of the water reservoir are placed in such a way that nine times out of ten, as you are filling up the reservoir, you will splash water out the back of the coffee maker. We've spilled so much coffee and water underneath the coffee maker in the three months that we've had it that we've ruined the counter it was sitting on.

Total waste of money. Save up and buy something better.
5 people found this helpful
on July 23, 2007
We had a long happy history with Mr Coffee until this one. The basket containing the coffee filter is easily removable for cleaning, but it is held by a container which is not removable and is not washable, The best you can do is to swab the inside with a sponge. Then the spout shooting the hot water into the coffee produces such force as to rather often collapse the paper filter sending grounds into your coffee. This force also throws some of the grounds up and back into the fresh water container, which consequently gets a coating that can also only be cleaned by wiping with a sponge. The body of this unit is not submersible. They need new designers and some responsible product testers.
4 people found this helpful
on August 14, 2007
Alas, Mr. Coffee, you are causing much strife in my household. At this very moment, my wife is saying "I hate you." We had one of your ancestors, and loved it, right up until the carafe broke. So, we bought you. Where to start....

1) There is a single lid, hinged in back, that lifts up and back. This lid covers both the grinds and the fresh water tank. So, after brewing, if you lift the lid, crud drips back into the fresh water tank. This is ok if you enjoy cleaning the *entire* maker every day.

2) Even if you don't lift the lid immediately, some grounds still get thrown into the fresh water tank.

3) The maker itself is bulkier than the older models.

I guess that Mr. Coffee had to reduce costs somehow to keep their basic model under twenty dollars.

Bottom line. Don't waste your money on this guy. Dimaggio he ain't.
7 people found this helpful
on May 6, 2008
This is absolutely the worst coffee maker I have ever used. If you like really weak coffe, then it might be ok. I like fairly strong coffee, and this maker pushes the grounds over the filter and into the pot every time! It also drips when you pour.
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.