Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 20, 2016
Thanks! Its great!
on March 14, 2006
I got this for under $150 with the intention on using it just as extra backup for everything on all my computers. I think 300 gig for $140 is great. It is very noisy and all it really seems to be is a regular hard drive in a case that plugs into USB. It's cumbersome too with it's power cord and USB cable so it's not quickly portable but portable enough to bring places where you might want to download alot of data. I expected the data transfer to be faster but it's not terrible. It serves it's purpose for me.
on July 8, 2006
Very easy to use just plug-in the USB port.Its quite and has fan to cool hard drive.
on February 21, 2006
Purchased the drive with some apprehension due to a glut of reviews for similar drives that either didn't work or broke in 30 seconds.
PROS:
1) I got the drive, plugged it in and started transferring data, very easy to do.
2) I was worried about the noise factor (again due to reading reviews) and while there is noise it isn't that distracting or loud unless you are running this drive in your bedroom in which you either have to turn it off at night or put on a pair of noise-canceling headphones in order to sleep. Definitely not quiet but now you know what to expect.
3) The drive stays cool! I read data that suggests heat was killing most drives and this one has an internal fan to disperse the heat (and does so effectively). The only pitfall was the fan was loud until I realized that there are screws for the drive casing so I loosened one near the fan and thus eliminated the noise.

CONS:
1) SLOW transfer! Reads are fast, writes you might as well take a little nap. If you are using the drive primarily to backup data and have the time I would recommend this cheap drive. If you need to transfer data fast then I would pay the extra $ and find a faster RPM or fire wire port. It took @45 minutes to write 6 gig worth of files.
2) I have edited this to add the fact that all of the 5 star reviews here are shills from Calvary themselves. This is not, I REPEAT, not a 5 star product. It is an average product from an average company which is very usable for those who need something basic to get by at a decent price.

Other than speed (which is why I rated this average at 3 stars), and shill reviewers, no real cons here.
on March 25, 2008
I have another Cavalry drive and did a search to find out if others have the same noise complaints and found these reviews. I'm surprised (although perhaps I shouldn't be) to see how the positive reviews truly were planted by company reps -- I didn't believe the prior poster who referred to company shills but when I looked at the other reviews of these people, I see that they were giving as many as 4 5* reviews to Cavalry products on the exact same day. Absolutely shameless.
on July 10, 2006
The positive reviewers for this product are shills for Cavalry. Check all their reviews and see they just post good reviews for all Cavalry products. The Cavalry products are cheaply made, loud, and unreliable.
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2006
Cool running unit! Internal fan makes it run cooler, no screws needed for future upgrade. This unit is designed for vertical or horizontal use.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 3, 2007
I've had various issues with this hard drive working with different USB ports, but currently it is working and doing its job.
on November 28, 2006
I was scared at first due to the other reviews talking about shills. Once I recieved the product I was surprised on how great of a product it truely was. Quiet easy to use and ery reliable..
on March 1, 2006
Fast Transfer Rate, Quiet (it does make that "hard drive noise" when it's working hard, but that's realistic), Stays cool (I use it 8+ hours sometimes, and I've never had any heat-related issues), Fits just about anywhere, not too portable (but I don't consider that an actual con... just something to consider for those who plan to use it with a laptop)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.