Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clarks Men's Escalade Slip-On
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Sting Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon Baby Gift Guide

Showing 1-10 of 589 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on May 31, 2007
I tracked these down in Black after buying a pair in brown a couple months previous. What attracted me to them was the unique stitch styling and the immediate comfort from the first day. They did not require any break in time. They can be a casual or dress shoe. The sole material is soft and is very easy on the feet. They run a little wide which is good for me. Highly recommended for anyone that has to wear a dressier shoe but wants the extra comfort of casual features and great fit.
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2008
These shoes are very good.

They look good, especially in brown.
They are very comfortable. One could practically go jogging in these shoes.

The only negative is that they can squeak - which I hate. This particular shoe does NOT have a rubber (out)sole, but instead has a plastic one -- excuse me, "polyurethane."

That is the only drawback.

I bought a pair of the brown ones after seeing my friend's pair. He likes to be comfortable at work, so he also bought a pair of the black ones. The shoes does look good - though personally, I think the brown one looks much nicer than the black - the real value is in their comfort level.

Finally, these shoes fit quite well / true-to-size (in a size 9). I have average feet (maybe even slightly narrow?), but they are comfy. They are, apparently wide, for those who wear wide. My friend must wear wide shoes and in these shoes he could even wear down a size (from 10.5 to 9.5) as his feet are still comfortable in these. (So, if you normally wear wide shoes, you should be comfortable in these.)

Hope this review helps.
on September 5, 2007
I bought these for my husband. He walks on cement flooring and stands a lot. He says he feels like he is walking on a cloud with these shoes on. They are soooo comfortable!!!
on September 29, 2010
As a broke student, I have a very small budget and must adhere to a small variety of cheap big 5 and cheap specials at rack room shoes stores.

But this time, I had won the lottery by finding out I had 100 dollars on my bank account...

So I said to my self wow I need to get me some decent shoes, and after reading the many reviews of this product; I decided to give them a try.

I was not disappointed at all.

Even breaking them in was not painful at all!
on April 6, 2011
Wanted to replace a very comfortable, but now worn-out pair of brown casual/dress slip-on shoes that my wife bought for me at a local Stein Mart (alas, our Stein Mart no longer sells men's shoes!). Found these - I own a similar pair of Clark's slip ons in black, and they're OK... was a little skeptical of the rave reviews. Then, today, they arrived. Right out of the box they're a perfect fit (I have a narrow foot!) and extremely comfortable. The stitching and design elements are funky and cool. These are casual enough for jeans, and classy enough for khakis and a blazer. Amazon had them for 33% less than other online merchants. Very nice!
on December 16, 2007
I bought these shoes for my 14 year old who wears a size 14. I wanted something a little stylish but comfortable. He really likes the style and he says they are really really comfortable. My only comment is that they run a little big, so I would order one size down. I should have ordered a size 13.

But as always, Clarks continue to be a great product.
on February 10, 2014
I ordered this shoe expecting it to be much more comfortable than a regular dress shoe because of all the positive reviews. Some of those reviews even said these shoes were as comfortable as a sneaker but after receiving the shoes I think those were exaggerations. These shoes are similar to the Rockports I owned previously and are not more or less comfortable.

I would say the inserts have slightly more cushion in the heel than the Rockport Adiprene inserts, I actually purchased different inserts for my Rockports because I didn't like the Adiprene ones. The Clark inserts are a bit strange because I am used to having a raised section at the arch area but the Clark inserts have a raised section in the heel that is even on both sides (kind of hard to explain in text). I think it was comfortable though but didn't have them long enough to experience it long term.

These shoes didn't fit me right because there was a slight space in the heel area, but the toe area fit perfectly. If I get a half size smaller the toe area would most likely be too small and the shoe would then be too tight. All in all this was a decent shoe but nothing that sets it apart from other ones. I decided to return these shoes because I was on a quest to find a pair of office shoes that are as close to a sneaker as possible and also because it didn't fit quite right. After more extensive reading the next pair I will try will be Dunham.
on December 18, 2014
Looking for around the house comfort shoes. Most important, keep my feet dry when I take our Golden "Amber" (eyes) out in the back yard on the winter wet, wet, wet lawn. Prefer driving shoes generally but water soaks through to socks and feet pretty quick.

No these are not slipper looking BUT the sure lived up to what so many, many others said for comfort with no break in needed. They were a touch large but I wear medium heavy weight wool socks in winter so they fit nicely. I did treat them with "SnoSeal" bees wax water proofing too. Definitely add my name to the list of hundreds. All for One and One for All thanks for customer recommendations.

Happy Trails
on April 12, 2015
They sent me two right shoes, I looked at them to make sure they were the right color and put them away, was saving them for when the current shoes wore down. Now I see that it's two right shoes but evidently cannot do anything since it's been over 30 days, this sucks!
on June 25, 2015
Purchased these shoes after I had another pair of Clarks that wore out after a couple of years. I work on concrete and go up and down 16-step step ladders all day and these shoes hold up really well. They are comfortable and my feet dont ache after an 8-10 hour work day. Purchased in both Black and Brown.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.