Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on March 10, 2007
I am extremely pleased with this camera. It is my third Olympus camera and I have not been dissapotnted yet. I carried a Nikon for years. The live dispyay is outstanting with its flip out screen to allow for belt level candid shooting or holding the camera above heads in crowds. The 4/3s intigrated system (lens, camera and an external dedicated flash) makes beautiful photographs easy. I also purchased a Zuiko 14-54 mm zoom for this camera in order to have a sharper and faster lens when needed, but I find myself more often than not, mounting the 18-180 super zoom. It produces a beautiful picture and I am spoiled by its versitile range.

I would certainly reccomend this camera to anyone who is serious about beautiful photographs. Olympus has been ahead of the pack in affordable digital cameras and the E-330 is no exception.
on June 2, 2008
This is the second E-330 I've bought. I take underwater pictures with the camera in an Ikelite housing. I have the 14-54 Zuiko lens and have had no trouble with the camera. Live view mode "A" is great for quick moving underwater creatures. I get to use the LCD to frame my shot instead of trying to look through the veiwfinder with my mask on. The newer models have not had mode "A" and so are not as useful to me. The Ike housing is expensive so I decided to get a second E-330 body to extend its useful life.

The only negative that I've run into may be due to the lens and not the camera. I started my underwater picture taking career with the C-5050 which has a very bright lens and will lock focus (not always on what you want) in very low light conditions. The set-up I have with the E-330 often does not focus in cloudy or dark water (not enough contrast).

I'll be using this combination for as long as the cameras and housing hold up - hopefully a long, long time.
on November 12, 2007
A new camera won't make you a better photographer, but taking more pictures might, and that's where the E-330 shines. It's rewarding to use and the tilting LCD with live view encourages experimentation.
The E-330 feels solid and all the buttons are well-placed. Image quality is generally excellent, although there are better cameras for low-light, flashless photography. Focus, frame rate and overall performance is plenty fast for action at my son's soccer games, but USB file transfer is slow so get an external card reader.
Do not underestimate the usefulness of dual-mode live view on a tilting LCD. You won't think it's a gimmick once you have it. Also, the E-330's built-in flash can be used for fill-in with a shoe-mounted flash; another feature that's proven to be much more useful than expected.
on September 3, 2007
This is by FAR the best online seller I've EVER dealt with. These guys were there to help me every step of the way and I eventually went back to them and bought a bunch of accessories and an additional lense. Enzo is the best sales rep ever! If you deal with Cameta Camera, ask for him!

Good luck with all your buying ventures, it was a pleasure!

Oh yeah, the camera is perfect too, lol! A LOT to learn, but well WELL worth the price.
on January 14, 2011
The only best thing about this DSLR was that it was the first to have live view amongst amateur dslrs and also came with a swivel LCD which is much more useful than many think. However in face of recent competition, lack of image stabilisation, inability to flip LCD, absence of movie mode are big missing features.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.