Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 243 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 251 reviews
on April 21, 2015
This is second time I am writing to complain about the quality of slipper. I am not happy about it because as shown in my photo attached!!
The photo speaks itself !!!

My Order # 104-3617318-5365845
review image
on December 26, 2016
I feel lucky to find anything in a NARROW width . I also wish they were NARROW in the heel but as almost any type of SLIPPER this seems to be the same. I am not happy that practically all sites add an extra Twenty dollars for their narrow shoes over the price they charge for other widths and this is especially so in medium widths in the exact same slipper . I guess it's kind of like "PAY TO PLAY". or "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT " I bought two (2 pair) because of the limited supply in my size -- (NARROW ) also I wanted BLACK and they only offered a light TAN and not even a brown
By the way. They are considered INDOOR and OUTDOOR but don't wear them outdoor to much unless you are one of those rare creatures with barrels of money .---OH !! I ALMOST FORGOT : The label says "MADE IN CHINA " --Probably by the brother in law of the guy who makes
most of the clothes and etc. for the DONALD TRUMP clothing line.
on December 3, 2010
First, I keep these exclusively for in-house wear.

What I like:
1) Good fit -- if you have a foot that just isn't happy in a D width, there are different widths available.
2) Shape is comfortable -- I can slip onto them easily, and they don't fall off.
3) Materials -- I don't mind the man made sole -- I was expecting it and it has held up well (slippers are 9 mths. old.)
4) Attractive, moderate styling -- neither New Age or Old F**t

What I'm not so happy about:
1) Maybe the Narrow width that I ordered is not quite narrow enough for my feet, but the slipper has rolled out from under my foot a couple of times and my foot has slid off the heel like a minor 'rolling your ankle' kind of motion. I'm not playing hockey in these slippers, but I'll accept that my foot is narrower than these Narrow slippers.

What I hate:
1) The uppers are touted as leather. Under the most liberal of criteria, they may have some cow parts in them -- but they may not. The cheapest form of leather is called "Bonded leather" which is made by finely grinding a whole cow, then that powder is made into a liquid thin enough to be spray painted onto Naugahide, or so it seems under close inspection. In the furniture industry, the manufacturer has to identify the kind of leather used, and bonded is the low end - often less expensive than the fabric option.

These slipper's 'leather' uppers have cracked right through on the creases on the tops; these creases naturally occur to any footwear during use. While examining the cross section at the cracks, it is obvious that the material is not leather. The 'leather' on the toes has been flaked off - even with exclusively indoor use. The 'leather' on the piping that edges the top of the slipper has flaked-off. Apparently, other people liked these slippers more than I do, but maybe the manufacturer cheaped-them-out just in time for my purchase.

Now I am going to try to return them. I'll let you know how that goes.
44 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2015
The slippers are peeling which indicates they are not made of genuine leather but a synthetic.
review image review image
on October 17, 2013
My husband has such a difficult time finding shoes of any kind to fit. He wanted a leather slipper with a hard sole so that he could walk outside in them if he wanted to. His instep is really high, so we've always had problems. These slippers fit very well and he is enjoying them. Thanks!
on December 23, 2016
Rated size 10EEE but compared to my stable of shoes it seems more like 10 1/2 EE. So a bit too long and
slightly tight. Put an insert in and it fits well enough to not need to return. Usable....
on December 21, 2015
This pair of slippers bought in April, 2015 and first worn in Nov,2015 is a very defective pair of slippers and unusable in less than four weeks of indoor use because of the defective uppers of the slippers. They are cracking , breaking and splitting so badly that the shoes are not wearable . I notice that some other buyers of these slippers in 2015 are reporting the same problem. Unless Amazon will make an exception to it's 30day return policy or the L B Evans company will exchange them for pair without the defects, I will never buy this item again and I have buying this model for many years with no real problems until this purchase. I should have bought the slippers from a local store that will handle hidden defects much better than Amazon. Or Zappos which has a 1 year return policy.
on July 19, 2017
Fit was normal for a EEE, quality of the leather was also good and held up well after 1 year, but the bottoms are not the proper material for house slippers. They tend to slip and slide very easily on hardwood floors and rugs.
on April 18, 2017
For years bought these at Nordstrom's for my husband who wears a size 15. He left one behind in a hotel. In Dec. 2016 they did not have them and turned to Amazon. Same wonderful product my husband uses daily. With his use usually buy a new pair every year or more.
on September 2, 2014
I find these slippers stylish, in that they resemble a loafer, and I find the inner soft leather quite comfortable beneath my feet. I have been purchasing these L.B. Evans slippers for years from a local shoe store who has now relocated out of the area, but having now purchased them through Amazon I found them for a cheaper price than I was paying!
I find these slippers to be quite durable. Typically slippers are meant to be worn indoors around the house, but I often do quite a bit of outdoor walking on hard pavement and damp lawn in them as well, and despite that my last pair still lasted me well over three years! So it stands to reason that anyone using them strictly for normal indoor use should get many years of use from them.
The bottoms are constructed of a non-skid type leather and are not as slippery as one would expect leather bottoms would be.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.