Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Flavor: Wintergreen|Change

Showing 1-10 of 814 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 976 reviews
on March 4, 2016
I love Altoids. There's no and/if/or/buts. I have them throughout the day to help keep me alert and my breath minty fresh. I am a little ashamed to say that I've actually given myself a headache from Altoids overdose - yes, it's a thing. So, as a genuine Altoids addict, I can vouch for this bulk pack in terms of quality. This is not my first time buying this dozen pack, and most likely won't be my last. At first, I was a little tentative about purchasing after reading about issues like stale mints in some of the other reviews. Over the past couple years, I've yet to have any problem with the quality. The Altoids I've received from Amazon have always been exactly like their retail store counterparts - same taste, texture, etc. So if that's what you're worried about, I'd say no worries

If you're worried about not able to finish these before they go stale, I'd say you're probably fine. Each case is individually shrink-wrapped, and I've yet to run into any staleness issue. Granted I do go through them fairly quickly, but I really don't think it's an issue.

One final thing - the price on this seems to fluctuate quite a bit. I've seen as high as $12 to $23+ per dozen. If you're not in a big rush, I would keep an eye on it and stock up when it dips below the retail store price.
on January 25, 2016
This is a great bargain! I thought that I was only getting 6 tins at this price. You are getting 12! Here where we live these altoids are 2.50 to 3 dollars a tin so I thought buying in bulk would be way better. It was. I actually bought these as a stocking stuffer and we still have lots of them left. Love these mints. They are so strong and really get the gross tastes out of your mouth and freshen your breath.
I paid full retail price for this item and this is my honest review.
on January 19, 2017
Wintergreen is my favorite flavor and I had trouble finding it in retail outlets and could not find it anywhere in more cost-effective 6 or 12 packs. I found it here and it is way cheaper than buying one at a time when I could find it at a retail outlet. I am not a flavor connoisseur so I can't comment on whether the flavor has changed from years past. I do notice with this flavor that the candy pieces are bit more crumbly and that the tiny flakes and powder that break off the pieces are rather sticky. I think the flavoring ingredient may be oil-based which leads to this stickiness. It's not a problem, just an observation. The "best by" date on the tin is 18 months out so I think the product is pretty fresh. I'm a happy Wintergreen Altoids advocate.
on May 9, 2017
I have Gerd and I have used these meds for years at bedtime. It keeps things in my stomach moving down and away from my esophagus. Has been and very effective.
on May 18, 2017
Love Altoids. Not only are they good but we use the cans in many ways. I embroidery a design on fabric, use a piece of cardboard​ and with a little batting between, I see the design down on the cardboard and glue it to the can. Great for little gifts, I use them to hold odds and ends beside my chair so not to lose them. Little nail file and small scissors in my purse.
on August 23, 2016
We bought bulk packages for our overseas friends. Maybe they like the cachet of sporting an US-made British brand, or maybe they really like the mints. Either way, 4 stars for value of the bulk pack.

However, for me these are not really very strong. If you want a STRONG mint, try a Fisherman's Friend. I only take those when I am sick, and I've yet to finish a single mint.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2017
VERY GOOD
on May 31, 2016
These Altoids Mints are a classic go to for fresh breath. No matter what the occasion, when you are close to someone you need to smell fresh. Sometimes toothpaste and mouthwash are just not enough. I personally take medication, leaving me with dry mouth and an after taste. I suck on these to refresh my mouth. I keep them in my car, purse, bedroom, kitchen and everywhere I need to just grab one quickly. The price point on these is better on Amazon than in the store. I am obsessed with amazon prime and free 2 day shipping. I avoid going to the store at all costs in the hot humid weather in the summer. These are a win, win for everyone. For those of you who smoke or drink and think we don't smell it, we do. These knock out the smell. I give these a solid four stars for packaging, durability, strength, shipping, and price point!
on April 26, 2017
Minty, Tasty, Sugary, and a good deal.
review image
on April 21, 2017
Great buy! We go through Altoids quickly in our home, so ordering in bulk saved us a lot of money. I gave this order four stars because some of the mints were crumbling - could they be old? Not sure, but still a great deal.