Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tuga Girls UPF 50+ Reversible Bucket Hats (UV Sun Protective) - Floral
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

Price:$15.99 - $16.99+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on February 1, 2007
..I reviewed many hats before purchasing this one, and boy did I get the right one:

...it has a wide brim with stitching, which blocks the sun all around and the stitching provides some "thickness" to the brim so it does not flop around in the wind like a "floppy hat" brim will. Last year I had a floppy hat and had lots of problems with the wind either blowing the brim up and it would expose her whole face to the bright sun, or blowing the brim down into her face and she couldn't see (we live near the beach so it's windy most the time)

...gorgeous color, easy to reverse--so you have two color options, good drawstring (a must have for my 2 y/o).

...fits good..my 2 y/o's head circumfrence is 18.5 inches (she's got a big grape) and I bought the medium which is perfect.

Great hat, very happy with it...I even went back and bought a second one! (and don't forget it has 50 upf!)
on June 1, 2012
I purchased two of these hats for my 3.5 and almost 6 year old daughters to wear to the outdoor water park and beach this summer. Both girls have light, thin hair and head protection is a must since we are outdoors often and live near the beach. The medium fits my 3.5 year old well but I had to exchange the med for a large for my older daughter. So for 5 years and older I would suggest the large if your child is of average size. The strap adjusts nicely and is not uncomfortable. They stay on while playing in the water and dry quickly. I could not find wide brimmed sun hats with straps (that were fine to get wet in chlorinated or salt water) for older children any where in stores. I was happy to find these for such a great price on Amazon and I was so impressed with the quality that I just placed another order for the same hats in a different pattern.
on October 6, 2012
I have been searching for this hat forever. Two kids, both like to take hats off as soon as you put them on, or they (understandably) get frustrated if the brim flops in their eyes. This hat has a nice stiff yet still moldable brim and a strap that holds it on securely without pinching or scratching. Oh, and they look great too.
on September 1, 2014
I ordered this hat for my 4 year old daughter. She loves the color pink! This hat is very pretty. It provides good coverage from the sun. My only complaint is that when you adjust the strings, there is a lot left hanging down. Not sure how safe that is. I guess it depends on what they are doing when wearing the hat.
on March 16, 2015
We haven't gone on vacation yet but my daughter liked trying it on and it fit well. She is 4 years old.
review image
on April 26, 2014
I bought this in a M for my 4 year old and fits perfectly. I also bought the white and purple one in a L for my 5 year old and it is a little bit large for her but it's comfortable and usable.
My requirements were hat that could be used at the beach and summer camps, light fabric, spf protection and chin strap. This hat met all my requirements. It also has a wide brim that provides shade to their neck and upper back.
I would highly recommend this hat.
on March 20, 2016
I bought the same style hat for my older daughter a year or so ago, and we loved it. I tried hers on my younger daughter's head to determine size, and figured a medium would be best as the large was too big. The medium I received is pretty much the same size as the large! I'm going to keep it because returning it, as it's not huge on her, but I wish it hadn't been so large. I'm not sure if it's a size fluke or not, but I think it runs big. The hat is really well made though, and my older daughter loves hers. We like that it it has an adjustable strap, so it's more comfortable for her to wear and it's cool.
on July 27, 2015
The hat looks cute and I ordered two of them. However, the brim is not very wide, so it does not provide as much coverage as other hats we've had,
but they're still okay. The biggest issue for me is that, as the tag mentions, the colors may not be colorfast. Also "Chlorine increases the likelihood of bleeding and/or transfer." Well, I would like to use the hats to cover the kids' heads after they get out of the pool. So, if they're going to bleed, I won't use them when the kids hair has chlorine in it. I guess I'll be using these some of the time and will start looking for a broader-brimmed, colorfast hat for pool time.
on June 2, 2016
I bought this for my daughter (five), and another in purple for my younger daughter (three). They are great for both of them. Very wide brim for keeping the sun COMPLETELY off the face.

I do wonder sometimes if they block visibility because the brim is so large and can flop down a bit--sort of like blinders on a horse maybe? That's what I worry, but the kids don't seem bothered. I am happy so far that it isn't getting really droopy like some other hats I bought that were super cute with a wide brim and then after they got wet they because useless because they completely lost the brim and just became hats with a hanging floppy piece of fabric in the eyes! These ones are not cotton--they have some sort of stiff material too so I think that could help. It says nylon, spandex and nylon taslan (which I'm unfamiliar with). This also means they can get wet and dry easily.

The tie is really good too and can be adjusted. The colors are SO CUTE, really nice. I actually totally forgot this was reversible until I went to write my review just now. We haven't tried this out. I am not sure they would really want to wear it on the white side but you never know. Nice to have the option I guess.

As far as size goes, they are fine because with the tie you really can't go wrong, and there's room to grow so these will last a long time.

Overall, this is a must-have for kids in the sun.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2016
Got the large for my 5 1/2 year old. It's a little big, so it will fit her for a couple of years at least. But that's not a problem with the chin strap. She loves the pink floral design and wants to wear it all the time. No more arguments at the beach. Happy daughter, happy mother.