Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 24, 2009
I read many reviews before buying a pair of ToeSox. The only reason I am writing this is because I noticed a lot of people had questions about sizing. I found the sizing information on the ToeSox website and have listed the ToeSox sizing (according to the webpage):

Women

XL - 12.5-14
841 people found this helpful
|88 comments|Report abuse
on March 30, 2017
I was even able to put my shoes on over these. Though not intended to be worn with shoes, these work. I run around the house se, but have to run outside in a hurry, frequently, whether to meet a deliveryman or tend an animal, so I have to throw on a pair of shoes in a hurry. I don't have time to change sox. I didn't expect to be able to shoes on over these due to the grippy bottom, but I can. I wouldn't want to wear them under shoes all day, as the nubs on the bottom might be a little warm in shoes or less comfortable in shoes, but they are not uncomfortable either. Love being able to work out or work inside with just these grippy sox and not slide around in regular sox. Love the toe separation - a huge help with my crooked toes which tend to overlap badly. Great blister prevention for me.
2 people found this helpful
on August 7, 2017
I do Taekwondo but our studio has moved to a facility with wood flooring. It's been murder on my feet creating blisters due to all the movement.

I was really worried that the texture on the bottom would grab too much to allow spins or even make it unsafe. Also, for some reason this style and color seem to be marketed exclusively to women. I am a 6' tall man and 185lbs. I was a little worried there was some differences with these socks.

Thought for $15 I'd give it a try since they say they are for martial arts and a couple have posted on here they use them during dancing. And on the vendor website they don't sell women's vs men's socks.

I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised. They take a little getting used to but they work great. They grab just enough to give traction but still allow spin kicks and sparring, where often my entire body weight is pivoting on just the balls of one foot.

Next time I would order the full sock rather than just the ankle as that would be a uniform look under my uniform pants. These are short enough that you see the black socks, my ankles and then the tops of my black pants.

But all in all they are working great!
on April 4, 2018
I have a pair of the low rise full toe grip socks and decided to buy these just to try them out. I have not had a chance to use these in the cold weather for marital arts, which is why I originally bought them. To keep my feet warm on the mat. But i did try them on and noticed that material is much thinner than my low rise grip socks(grey). It seems as though it has more polyester than cotton but I compared the material label on the two and they were identical. I also bought my mom some low rise toe grip socks(grey) like the ones I already have and compared those two. The new ones are a bit more thinner than the socks I already had. I'm not sure if ToeSox changed the material or...
Maybe after a wash they'll loosen up or feel softer! Oh one more thing, I thought it would come with that line across the top and I was willing to accept that but it's solid black. The two on the left are the new ones, the one on the right is an old low rise grip sock(pictured).
review image
on June 1, 2017
I love this brand some toe socks fit small and others large but ToeSox as Goldilocks said is "just right." Over all a high quality product, they are very comfortable and keep my toes separated and dry and warm in the Florida Air Conditioning! My feet get cold in the evenings and my ToeSox keep them warm and keep my hunny amused just looking at them (and me.) I vow more pairs for winter months. I removed 1 star for email agitation during a holiday weekend (we have our own business and were working.) Otherwise ToeSox is a great product and and will keep your toes warm when it's chilly outside or over cooled by Hunny.
on August 12, 2017
I bought these for a friend (male) who wears them at home on his wooden floors when he does his exercises. Gives you traction and keep your feet warm, too. It's a shame that the description indicates that they are for women because that simply is not true - it is based on your foot size. I do Pilates a lot so I have many ToeSox and the brand has never let me down. They are quality socks.
on July 6, 2016
I wear size 7.5 and the M is too big on my toes. Beautiful designs and good for pilates reformer and barre classes.
4 people found this helpful
on March 27, 2011
I've tried these on variety of surfaces -- standard "sticky" yoga mat, wood floor, and carpet (both low and high pile). They seem to slide the worst on the wood floor. They work well on the sticky mat and both types of carpeting, but my toes/feet tend to slip a bit inside of them. I notice the worst slipping in Warrior I and II poses on the back foot. Sox slipping in downward dog isn't as bad. I ordered the Small size (I wear a size 7 shoe) and washed them inside out before trying them out. They do help to keep toes warm if you are in a cooler room. I only use them about half the time I do yoga. I can imagine they would be especially useful for practice at a club/gym if you are using someone else's mat, but the slipping on the foot may be too annoying for some to ignore.
5 people found this helpful
on May 14, 2017
These are my favorite socks to wear for yoga practice. They come in a number of great colors. The fabrication is cotton, so they don't slip around on my feet during standing poses. I like the higher cut ankle socks because our studio is always a little chilly in winter.
on February 22, 2018
I love them. They feel weird at first but if you wear them a couple of days you never want to take them off. I had to take them off eventually they started to smell. I love them and would buy again!!! I also have bunion and ankle issues and these helped.