Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on February 16, 2009
I'm buying my third pair of these. The first pair I managed to step on while I was wearing my running shoes and the ear clip piece broke off. Doh! The second pair I bought were the black version, but I believe they're the same, and the right speaker just stopped working. I had them for about 6 months and they get heavy daily use. So I'm not sure if that says anything about the quality, but since they're only $20, it doesn't seem that bad.

Now for the fit. I have small ears, I guess. They don't look disproportionally small, but since I can't find any other headphones that work for me, they must be. I'm a runner, so the pods never worked well for me because they would just fall right out of my ear. I went to Radio Shack to check out theirs and the guy actually got some of the "adjustable" ear pod headphones out of the packaging to show me how well they would work for my small ears. They had over the ear clip, like these, but the speaker went into your ear and they were "fully adjustable" with a foam pod to mold to your ear. Not so if you don't have the right size ears, apparently. They fell right out and I left empty-handed.

The cliff notes version of this review: If you have small ears and are an active person (you listen to music while doing anything involving jarring/jumping), these are your best bet.
on April 16, 2015
These are the only headphones I can use that don't slip off my ears when I run outdoors and I'm sweating.
on June 27, 2011
I purchased these headphones in April of 2009. I purchased several other brands at the same time. I am always misplacing my headphones so I purchased several different pairs from Amazon. These philips were the best constructed, sturdiest with the best sound quality of all the headsets. I use them for both my iphone, ipad and airline flights. They block excess external noise and allow a comfortable volume of music. Before you purchase Panasonic, Sony or even Bose (I have all three) check out the Philips.

I would sell the Bose headphones, but they are a gift from my wife!
Love my two Bose home system though!
on December 6, 2008
These headphones are my absolute favorite. The earclips fit easily, comfortably and securely... no constant re-adjustment, like the more popular earbuds. And they're more portable than most earclip styles... without that bulky plastic around-the-head band, you can better fit them in your purse or bag... also makes them great for wearing with hats in the winter. The last pair I had lasted several years, so they're pretty durable too... I travel a lot, so they definitely took a beating. Great sound too... not Bose for sure, but good, full, clear complete sound with more than ample bass. Great buy. I bought several pairs, to "stock up".
on July 11, 2015
I love these headphones. I had a pair and the dog chewed off the ear piece. I looked everywhere for another pair and found these on Amazon. I've tried to wear earbuds but they fall out. The sound is good on this brand.
on January 10, 2010
I purchased these headphones about 9 months ago. Initially, I considered them a good deal. The clip is hinged at the connection allowing an adjustable fit. I considered this a nice change from the loose-fitting ear buds that create a great deal of sound leakage and allow external sounds in. It is important to me that I be able to hear my music at a reasonable volume level while on the subway, so I am picky on this point.

The clips come with a clear sleeve (presumably for added comfort) which I removed almost immediately. I found that they put added pressure on my ear cartilage so I slipped them off.

For a good 7-8 months, I enjoyed the headphones. (Sure, they tangle, but I don't have room in my bag or pocket for the headband phones, so this is the trade-off). About a month ago, I began to notice the hinged clips were losing their stiffness. I am no longer able to get a tight fit on the ear like before. If I lean over or the cord gets caught on my sleeve button, one or both of the clips goes flying off. I find them way too precarious. Not to mention the fact that I now have sound leakage and have to play my music louder. I am now in the market for a new pair.
on February 16, 2016
Exactly what I wanted. I have had these headphones in the past but can no longer find them in stores.
on November 9, 2015
I love them and have used them before but sadly the ear hooks break very easily. Still the sound quality is good.
on April 24, 2015
Excellent!! Got for my husband because he wore his other ones out. He is enjoying them a lot! earbuds bother him and there work perfect!
on March 9, 2015
I love these headphones, don't know why Phillips stopped making them. They are the only headphones I've bought exclusively for the last 8 years.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.