Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$9.97+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 99 reviews
on November 23, 2013
Bought this primarily for the winding case (which is great btw), but earbuds have surprisingly good sound quality for the price - not audiophile level, but decent - very good bass, ok treble, good on mids, sound best when you do NOT crank the volume - very good for videos and audio books, loses some of the detail on music tracks, but not hideous - better than many earbuds that cost 5x as much.

Biggest issue with these is the bud part is naked (no cushiony jacket) and a bit large for girl ears (or at least for me - I have small ears) - so without a nice foam or silicon gel jacket to give some fit and "stick", they fall out and are VERY uncomfortable. Luckily, I had some standard-size foam jackets that fit this, so all good for me. Seriously lame marketing choice not to include them - dudes, raise the price by 50 cents and include some decent jackets!!!

Gave this 5 stars anyway for the nice windup case, which alone is worth the purchase - case has finger tip grip on bottom so you can wind-up and store fast and easy and snaps shut to keep your earbuds clean and tidy. Note that this case is designed for standard size earbuds and will not work with the longer in-ear buds, but those are bad for your hearing anyway.
on June 7, 2016
I bought this mainly for the case, which winds and unwinds the earphones easily and quickly, while keeping them clean, protected, and tangle-free. The case has a slim profile and fits nicely in a pocket. This is by far the best cord management system I have come across, and it will fit most earphones of similar design if you want to use higher quality earphones, and use these as backup.

The earphones work well; better than others that cost twice as much or more and that do not come with a case. They are also longer than others I've paid more for. Although not necessary, I purchased foam covers for the earbuds, which provide a better and more stable fit in the ear, and the phones still fit nicely in the case with them attached. You're not not going to get high definition sound at this price, but sound quality is adequate, and the case alone is almost worth the price.
on October 16, 2015
I was not expecting much from this, but I have been carrying it with me every day for seven months and I am very happy with it.
The case protects the earbuds, and keep them neatly stored away. I was expecting the earbuds to fail, but they are still as good as the day I received them. Even if they do, the money is worth it for the case alone.

My only gripe is that the earbuds are not as loud as a hands-free set that comes with a phone, and that the case is of rather brittle plastic. If you drop it on concrete or any hard surface, it will most likely break. After breaking my old case, which I had for over a decade, I am always careful not to break this one. It also snaps closed, but not that firmly. It won't open on its own, but it will wear out with use. Still I've had it for so long and it still snaps shut with no issues.

Be a bit careful with it, and it'll last you a long time.
on January 29, 2014
The 5 star rating is based on the value of the package overall. Insane value for 3 bucks. I was tempted to try them despite the price thanks to my great experience with JVC's "Flats" headphones [a great sounding, comfortable value]. The case alone is worth the purhcase. I've been able to fit my much more expensive Yamaha in ear buds in mine. It is not a perfect fit, and other larger in ear buds probably will not fit well, if at all. The sound is probably above average of other more expensive "cheap" buds I've tried. Sound is best when pressed fully over my ear opening, but much more comfortable when simply craddled loosely. I mostly use these buds for when I am walking and/or listening to talk at the minimum volume I can hear. They are great for walking, in that from a safety standpoint, I can still hear ambient sounds such as approaching cars, dogs, etc. They also do not generate the almost unbearable cord noise that movement/wind does from my Yamahas, Skullcandy, and other in ear plugs. While I tend to use other brands when I'm listening to music and not moving, these are still pleasant enough, sometimes I'll just go ahead and use them for background music. You just don't get the same range, especially bass, without a good on/over ear headphone or seal you get with good inner ear plugs.

Pros:
Cheap
Well designed case
Little sound isolation [for when you need to hear your environment]
Durable plugs
Adequate sound
Comfortable enough to wear all day when "craddled" loosely on ear.

Cons:
Little sound isolation, if you need to drown out your coworkers, spouse, TV, airplane, etc.
Not comfortable for me when pressed over ear canal [not inside]
on October 26, 2013
The earbuds are hard uncomfortable plastic with low bass and too high treble.

The case on the other hand is fantastic! EASY to put earbuds away, just place inside and wind! NO MORE tangles! i wish all manufacturers had something like this!

Luckily I was able, with a little effort, to fit my much better earbuds in. Not all will fit. So not a waste of money. i am happy enough for that!
on April 10, 2015
The best thing about this set is the case which is handy, albeit plastic. I have had mine in the front pocket of my bag for 1 month being jostled about as one would expect and so far the case has not shattered. As for the earbuds, the sound quality is exactly what you would expect for a $6 price. I use these in the public library where I just want to surf the internet, listening to videos, etc. without disturbing others. I record lectures on my phone and the earbuds pick up the sound but still leave a lot of ambient noise making the recordings distracting. I have only used these for stationary listening, not, for example, running. Five stars because, you paid $6 for these things. They get the job done.
on June 15, 2016
These earbuds work very well especially on devices that don't have good speakers. They allow you to hear your media clearer. The case that is included keeps the cord from being tangled and is easy to carry in a pocket, purse, backpack, etc. They're not the $200 earbuds, but they are good.
on January 21, 2016
I bought this just for the case. I don't remember what I did with the ear buds actually... I had been looking for a small winding case for a long time and couldn't find one as good as this one. It is easy to use whether I am winding or unwinding. To wind, you put the buds in the 2 little wells inside the reel, make sure the cord comes out through the gap of the reel, shut the case, and put a finger on the indentation on the bottom outside and turn the reel until all of the cord is wound. Gently pull the end to unwind and the take the buds out. Takes only a second (ok, maybe 2). I have now had it 3 years, still as good as new. I'm using the original iPhone 4s buds if anyone wants to know. Dimensions are 3"x3"X1". Tall earbuds won't fit.
on March 5, 2017
This is the best case I have been able to find, and believe me ii've looked everywhere, local stores and online. I keep the case and toss the earbuds. The earbuds do not sound is not bad, but I need earbuds that stay in my ears these do not. I bought this twice just for the case. I use Panasonic earbuds in this case.
on March 21, 2017
For anyone who's particular about good sounds, this here is a waste of money. The only good thing out this whole deal was the case that it came in.