Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on March 16, 2006
Cools Pentium 3.2Ghz 840 10-15 degrees below Intel target spec under load, and cooler than my former 3.4 Prescott single core with Intel stock heat sink that was in the same case. Fan noise noticable at performance speeds but not objectionable compared to stock fan whine. Very quiet at CPU idle. Auto-adjustable fan very good at keeping CPU temp constant under varying loads. Quick fan speed increase at sudden load jumps decreases CPU temp immediately, probably helped by heat pipe design. CPU mount should be square with case back as fan blows horizontally. Seller is outside Amazon but delivers ahead of schedule. Amazon price beats NewEgg.
on July 16, 2012
i've been in the biz for 28 years and am skeptical of third party components, so my expectations were low when I ordered this product.

I have an older Intel 945 based system w an old 3.4Ghz P4. This processor pulls up to a whopping 89 Watts and required some serious heat dissipation. When I orginally built this box I used the appropriate Intel heat sink and fan. Despite a beefy case and plenty of internal cooling, the processor fan would constantly spin up to a decibel level loud enough to prevent me using the computer often.

The item arrived in 3 days. It's very nicely packaged. The heat sink and fan are beautifully engineered and screws and pins are packaged separately.

The installation was no picnic and is not recommended for those unfamiliar with building systems. Functionally the product is clearly 5-star, st least for my specific application. The installation difficulty, relatively high price and a few minor details drop it to 4 stars.

At first the installation guide looked concise, straightforward and comprehensive. It's only after you begin the installation that you'll wish you had more information. At first glance it doesn't look like the unit will fit in the cramped quarters between the processor and other components. There's really no way to precisely test fit the product prior to installation. I was so skeptical I initially rotated the base 90 degrees from specification because it looked as if the fan would not clear an adjacent heat sink. Now the good news: I was able to easily remove the base without damage to the fragile-looking mounting pins and associated locking pins adn reinstall it in the correct orientation.

Once I rotated the plate I was able to install the heat sink. I was truly amazed at how the fan clipped perfectly into place with barely a millimeter to spare. Once installed, the unit worked flawlessly. The heat sink is so efficient the fan often shuts itself off completely, and it's so quiet you'd have to be looking at it to know it's running. Sorry, I don't have before-and-after specs for CPU temp.

I highly recommend this product, but see the following notes to save yourself some potential grief!

Installation advice:
1- Look at the directions (images only, no text) to ensure the base is mounted in the correct direction.
2- Be very careful not to touch the processor contact area prior to final installation. Doing so may smear the grease patch or scratch the heat mating surface.
3- The cage covering the fan has gaps wide enough for stray cable to enter. Be certain to tia all cable well back and out of harm's way.
4- VERY IMPORTANT. Check to ensure the base mounts completely flush on the motherboard. Use several pounds of force to ensure the mounting pins are pressed as far down as possible. Carefully press the mounting pins down HARD using long needle nose pliers.
5- It's difficult to access the screws required to secure the heat sink to the base. You'll need a long, thin phillips.
6- The fan connects to the heat sink with two plastic clips. Be sure they clip in place. Tug on the fan to be sure it's locked firmly in place.

Suggestions to the Manufacturer for "rev 3"
1- Find a technical writer to add text to the instructions and to address the above potential issues.
2- The pins and screws are so difficult to access an included tool specific to the task would make the installation MUCH easier and reduce the risk of damage.
on December 10, 2009
I was having problems with the standard cpu cooling fan that came with my Intel dual core processor. Temps could reach 60 C when doing video rendering. With the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro that has changed. Now the highest I have seen when rendering is 41 C and that only as a transient. Also the system is much quieter that the original, especially since the fan never has to run more 60% of the speed of the original to maintain safe cpu temps.
on December 24, 2009
Very good product,Keeps my Intel E7500 Core 2 running very cool!
And very Quiet, For a 3.6" fan , I was extremely pleased .
I would recommend this cooler to anyone.

I don't overclock, I play games.
Some games put stress on the machine.
I play crysis on high , With the stock fan you could feel the heat.
with the Freezer 7 it keeps it nice and cool.

Always been a Arctic Cooling fan (VGA coolers)
on August 1, 2009
i am a converted zalman user.
i instllaed it on my e5200 but some how the pins has broken
yet it holds but i don't know what will happen when i need to take it out for cleaning
maybe a rep from arctic cooler can respond on that.
now its working quite and smooth but i worry that its too lose

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question