Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 17, 2013
Don't need my reading glasses anymore and is easy to navigate through and use all options....looks great on the console and have always been happy with Garmin products.
7 people found this helpful
on February 1, 2013
We purchased this unit in July and used it full time while cruising in Mexico. In December it started having problems with the screen showing only our boat and track. No chart. We had a friend bring down a replacement display unit which Garmin was good about providing. Now we have our old problem plus a new one. The Garmin splash screen would freeze and not start. No worries Garmin to the rescue. So we thought, after a month we received the new SD card as suggested by tech support. We just put the card in and now the unit is stuck on the Garmin logo without the ability to press the special buttons Garmin had us do in the past to bring up the charts. Perhaps it would make a nice dinghy anchor. We are thankful it is under warranty but wasting months in an anchorage to find the fix is not what we expected when we bought this unit. Please note we did not purchase this from Amazon but a well known marine store.

Update, Garmin has provided customer service above all others. They have gone over and beyond what one could expect to insure we have a working unit onboard. I have heard from friends with similar issues with other companies and those companies did not come close to the service we received. Part of our problem was that we are traveling in Mexico. Garmin shipped to Mexico for us and were there with a quick response every step of the way. Thank you for your great service Garmin. Love the working unit. It is top notch.
20 people found this helpful
on September 19, 2015
Bought mine 8 years ago and it still works great! About 2 years ago I noticed some paint blistering where the back case meets the faceplate. I galled garmin to ask if they sold touch up paint. I was told that they didn't but that if I sent it two them they would replace the back case with a new one for free. I got it back from Garmin about two weeks after I sent it to them. It had a new case, was bech tested for any problems, and had a new software update installed. They provided outstanding product service and warrantee. I understand that this item has been discontinued by Garmin, but there are still some new ones for sale, and at the right price would be well worth it. They are very durable, and Garmin maintains enough parts to support the product for at least 5 years.
6 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.