Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on November 13, 2012
When determining which brand of subwoofer to buy, the most common complaint noted from reviews was that one component or another would blow due to power surges, thus making the sub inoperable. I did not see this to be a problem with the Infinity Powered Subs, however, so decided to go with the 8 inch 150 watt model.

After two years of operation I haven't been disappointed with this unit in the least. I've left this sub powered up continually over this period and it has withstood countless lightning storms without a hiccup (although plugged into a fairly hefty surge protector). This wonderful bass producer is still working as flawlessly as when I first took it out of the box.

Sound quality is superb, as well. It's literally unbelievable that only an 8" speaker can produce such deep rich tones with unperceivable distortion. I usually have the bass level knob set at mid-range due to the efficiency of the system, but when a particularly upbeat song comes on and I really crank it way past center, the Infinity performs beautifully. The thunderous beat produced literally shakes the rafters in my condo. (I have understanding neighbors.)

Because of the on-time delivery from Amazon and the problem-free operation of this subwoofer over quite a substantial period of testing, I give this item 5 stars.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 24, 2009
I bought this sub to add a little oomph to my surround system in my bedroom and boy was I impressed, this little sucker rocks almost as hard as the 400 watt I have in my living room.
on December 30, 2008
I bought this sub to add some bass to my existing infinity 2 way P252 tower speakers with my Yamaha receiver, I previously reviewed those speakers as having weakish bass and needed a sub to fill in the lows, I have a medium sized room 15x20 ft and this sub fills in the lows very well for both movies and music. The sub is very well made and heavy, no rattling from it at all ( makes other stuff in the room rattle tho ).

150W is about the minimum I would try for a sub but I have in another smaller room a logitech Z-5500 with the 10" sub rated at 188w and the infinity with 8" sub is far more powerful in a larger room, when compared with my older speakers with 12" subs it is about equal when they are pushed on an old 200w/ch amp. My last project to put a 7.1 system in the living room, which is large, 25x35ft, I don't think this sub will fill a room of that size fully with bass but I can use it as a reference to see how much more power is needed in a large room. Regardless it will still wake up granny 120ft away :D
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 29, 2007
For me, I had a very nerrow spot to put this sub, and this fit the bill exactly. I had a 12" space to tuck it away in, and it is just under 12" wide, so it was a perfect choice.

Its sound is really nice for a entry level sub, if your room is not to big, maybe 12x12 or smaller, this is the sub for you. Great with any 5.1 or 7.1 reciever. LFE connection, and crossover ajustments make it easy to hook up. 150w power is about as low as I would ever go, but still puts out a nice punch that doesn't go overboard but gives you a full rich sound.

Bottom line:
I'd rather have the 300w 12" sub, but this 150w 8" is still a nice one for the money.
on March 3, 2008
I picked this sub up due to money restraints and because I have large fronts so I wasn't in need of much power from a sub. The sub puts out great sound in a rather large open room. For the price and size I really enjoy this sub.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.