Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 16, 2012
I was pretty disappointed in this product. When I received it, it was a "refurbished" computer - BUT IT STILL HAD FAMILY PHOTOS AND PROGRAMS FROM ITS PREVIOUS OWNER ON IT! Scary thought huh? It also had an issue overheating and randomly shutting down. So...I got a MAC! :)
on April 3, 2008
I've had this laptop for 1 year and 4 months now. During the one year HP warranty, I had to send in the battery twice (defective, not holding charges), and the laptop once due to not powering up one day. Email support was good, but phone-based customer service (primarily to collect credit card info from me to make sure I returned the defective batteries after being sent a replacement) was terrible, the Indian customer support could not get timezones straight to contact me, and I could not contact them directly. I also had a problem where the volume/mute hotkeys would cause the system to crash, which was fixed with an update to the system bios/firmware (which tech support suggested). So, quite a few in-warranty problems, but email-based tech support was good. The laptop is still working well, no problems so far since it's been "out of warranty" (fingers crossed).
on August 27, 2013
My old HP Pavilion dv6119us is still running well for me, although over the years I've had to replace the AC adapter and the battery and put a larger harddrive in it. Since it still suitably well for everything I use it for, I have found no need to replace mine. (I also have a custom-built desktop machine I use for more serious business and gaming, though. The laptop is just for portability.) Dual booting so I can run both Windows Vista and Linux Mint 15 on it. Took quite a bit of effort to get the Linux drivers working stably on it, especially for the wireless. Hopefully I can get yet another seven years out of this aging great-deal-at-the-time laptop.
on May 11, 2007
I've had this notebook about 6 months now. I did a -lot- of research prior to buying this model. I wanted a notebook with a graphics card already installed, a minimum of 1 GB RAM, media center, ability to burn cd's and dvd's, and dual processors. This has all of that and more at a reasonable price. I am very happy with it. I use mine mostley for internet, word processing, light gameing, and burning cd's (the light scribe labeling is a nice bonus ). A note to gamers , most games system min requirements are listed for single processors.. you can "cheat" on that with dual core. I can play ones requiring 2.2 ghz with no problems.

***Just pointing out I wrote this review 4 years ago. It was great then but was I recently replaced it with a HP G7-1075 HP.***

HP G7-1075DX Pavilion Laptop / AMD Phenom II Processor / 17.3" LED HD Display / 4GB DDR3 Memory / 500GB Hard Drive / Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive / Windows 7 Home Premium Edition operating system - Pewter
on August 23, 2008
I have had this computer for a little over a year now. I have had to send it in 4 times for repair, gone through a motherboard, and have had several parts replaced. How ever, as shown by my previous computers, i run them very hard. Over all i like this computer, and will be very loyal to HP after owning this computer. My biggest complaint is the heat. The power packs (i have had three, so i can be sure its universal) heat up while the computer is working hard. I have gotten small burns from just trying to pick up the power pack while i am running high power games. The computer itself runs very hot as well, proper venting is a must at all times, and sitting it on your lap will be very uncomfortable after about 15 minutes of even light use. During the winter, i can use this computer to heat my bedroom from cold, to sweating hot.

On a lighter note, i run very high power games on this with little problems. The graphics are great, and the CPU power can handle almost anything i have put to it so far. The battery life at purchase was about 3-3.5 hours of easy work with screen on low light, down to about 45 minutes of hard work with screen brightness down.

It's a little heavy. As a student i carry this to class sometimes, and it gets heavy fast, but with the power it has, its not a problem.

The screen is great. The keyboard is the best i have seen on any laptop, and prefer it to my desk keyboard. The touch-pad is very useable, though i have burned my finger tips on it when the computer heats up. It also becomes a little hard to use if your fingers get sweaty or sticky. The media controls are great, the fast mute is extreamly good for use when that random phone call comes in.
on December 19, 2007
I have had this laptop a little over a year. About three weeks after my warranty ran out, my wireless stopped working. After contacting HP support with no success I received an email from them offering free repair since there is a known problem with this model. Do some googling and you will find forums full of the exact same problem replicated in user after user. Buyer beware.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.