Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 25, 2008
This is the 4th bluetooth headset I've tried with my LG phone and it by far has the best reception. It's also comfortable to wear. The downside is that the button isn't very user friendly. I've had the device for a few weeks now and still have trouble turning that darn thing on and off as well as transferring calls. The difference between all these operations is (according to the manual) whether you hold the button briefly, for two seconds or for five seconds. What's briefly? There's no great blue/red lighting system on there to clearly indicate if the device is on, off or charging.
on June 12, 2015
Clear reception. Good product. Still have it.
on January 6, 2008
My last blue tooth headset defeated it's own purpose. I had to do everything on the phone and just use it as an ear/mouth piece. With the upcoming law change I needed something truly hands free. This one sounds great, people can hear me, the voice commands are accurate 90% of the time and the price is right. Don't over spend!
on September 7, 2008
Not what I expected... Hard to fit properly in the ear. Confusing controls. Pron to accidental actions. Hard to tell if it is working or not working. No indication of battery power status. Manual is printed so small that you need a magnifying glass to read it. Would not recommend purchase.
on September 10, 2008
Like I said in the title, this Bluetooth is awesome given its chic size and outlook. Sound quality is also very good.

However, I have to charge it all the time so I find it a bit inconvenient. I suggest you to spend more $$ to get a LG with longer battery hours.
on April 16, 2008
First, regarding the shipper. I have never recieved any thing so fast in all my life. And the product was exactly what I had bought 2 years earlier at Best Buy for $79.00. Original Packaging From LG. Nice Deal
Now Regarding The LG-730, I would not be buying another one if the first one had not worked well. (I lost the first one) I am in the communications business and expect a lot from my equiepment & services. After trying several other blue tooth devices, I stayed with this one as it is simple, comfortable and reliable. So hope you have the same luck I have had.
on July 31, 2008
I like this headset. Setup was quick, voice recognition is great, very lightweight and comfortable.
on July 27, 2008
I BOUGHT THIS THINKING IT WOULD PAIR WELL WITH MY LG PHONE HOWEVER I FOUND THAT THERE WERE CONECTIONPROBLEM ANDMORE ANOOYIYING THAN ANYTHING WAS THE FIT. THAT LITTLE WIRE EAR HOOK DOESN'T KEEP THE UNIT IN PLACE IN YOUR EAR.
on July 9, 2007
I would give this 4.5 stars really. Note that I am pairing this with an LG, so this might be why I am so pleased with it!

First of all, I disagree with some of the negative comments. For me and my ears, it is LOUD enough and COMFORTABLE to wear

FIT & COMFORT: A-
It is easier to wear than most, though it took a minute to figure it out. Simply slip on and once the ear bud is in - twist slightly so it snug in the ear, and gently rests on the ear flap. It feels secure in the ear, not like others that feel like they are ready to fly off at any moment. I thought the wire would be uncomfortable, but it is not. It is also a breeze to take off. And lightweight too!

SOUND QUALITY: A-
I have tried a few, and think an ear bud is best for hearing while driving. This one is like an iPod earphone, just rests there, and works well. People hear me well too and comment that they did not know I was on a Bluetooth headset (unlike the Cardo that made me sound like a robot). Though it is loud enough, I wish I had the option of making it a little bit louder, and the quality is very good but not excellent. Wind and background noise don't seem to be much of an issue; no echo complaints either.

CONTROLS: B+
One thing that really bothered me about the Plantronics headset I had previously was that it could not accept call waiting - a pain when driving. This LG headset can and the controls are simple and straight-forward. A tap of the face plate (though it requires more than a gentle push and has an annoying clik-clak mechanic sound - hence the lower grade here) and you make a call, accept call-waiting call, reject a call (tap and hold) or end a call. Volume is on the side, and though small, works OK - top of button for loud, lower the volume using the lower end of the rocker switch.

BATTERY: C
I would say 3 hours of talk time is more realistic (maybe 4 if there is no standby time, but I probably did 10 hours standby and nearly 3 hours of talking before the battery died.) Not bad, but not great either.

Last comments are that I can charge it with my LG VX8600 car charger (a plus) but it has a plastic flap that really gets in the way (as does the phone) and the charger requires focus and concentration to plug in, doesn't just slip right in (a minus). Another plus is that the light is a discreet red, and does not light up the interior of my car with the typical blue flash (or is that a police car nearby? LOL) at night.

Glad I found one that works.
VINE VOICEon September 27, 2007
I have used a number of bluetooth headsets. If you want to see how this one stacks up, see my reviews of the Motorola HS850 and H700, Jabra BT250v and BT350v, Plantronics 320 Explorer for reference. Now let's consider this headset in terms of the four key performance categories: pairing, sound quality, ease of use, and comfort.

Pairing - This is a pretty straightforward process and works like most headsets these days where you hold down the multi-function button until it stays on constantly (about 6-8 seconds). I paired this with both an LG VX-9400 and LG VX-9900 (see my reviews). With both phones, there were no issues in pairing upon the first attempt.

Sound Quality - I found that with both phones that the sound quality was pretty good. It does seem that there the volume level takes a slight dip with initiating a call, but it is usually back up to the desired level before the other person answers their phone. With this headset having an in ear speaker, the person on the other line should not get any echo as is often the case with other headsets. I thought that I was able to hear clearly without maxing out the volume which has not always been the case with other headsets I've used. Also worthy of note, this was the only headset that I used that performed well with the LG VX-9400.

Ease of Use - This is one area where the headset has a clear weakness. The multi-function button is flush with the surface on the side of the headset, and it can require more pressure than I would like in order to initiate voice dialing. My wife tried the headset for a while, but she kept having the button get bumped in her purse and turn on unintentionally. She wound up missing some calls as a result, and she's using the Jabra BT350v now as a result.

Comfort - I have to say that the headset is average in this area. The thin wire earhook has the benefit of not causing pain, but it is so flexible that the headset doesn't stay in place very well. If I didn't wear glasses, it would constantly be falling off. Even with glasses, though, it moves around a lot causing the speaker to rub on the inside of my ear. While the thinner earhook is a good concept, I think that something a little less flexible would hold the headset in place better resulting in better overall fit and comfort.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.