Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 20, 2014
Amazing voice recognition quality. I purchased both Andrea USB and this headset. I trained Andrea for a few days, and results were not satisfactory.
Then this headset arrived. I did not much hope for VR, and I did not bother to even try. Then one evening on I had time so I just plugged it in, and dictated a few sentences without training Windows VR. To my surprise, it just transcribed everything correctly. I tried more, and even though there are some errors every so often, overall it is 3 times more accurate than Andrea. For the heck of it I asked my daughter to dictate without training (she still has some teenager inflection and speaks fast joining words together). And it worked for her just as well!!!
It shows that microphone makes huge difference. This headset sounds all right also, but it is expected from Sennheiser, so no surprise here.
on January 21, 2011
I have been looking for a high quality USB headphone/microphone for use with my MagicJack and Dragon speech-to-text program. After purchasing two other name headsets, this was the one that finally met my expectations for quality in both design and electronics.

My only minor complaint is that the headphone sits on the left ear and not the right.
on February 16, 2012
First time use of Sennheiser PC 25-S Monaural Single-Sided USB Headset and what a relief! The mic flawlessly picks through my southern drawl and Windows Speech Recognition quickly translates it near perfectly out of the box with no training at all. All Windows commands are understood with almost no errors, again, out of the box. Imagine how well it will work after a little training . The sound from the earphone is clear and crisp. I absolutely recommend this headset for anyone ready to do voice work with Windows. It is Plug and Play ready so there's no searching or loading drivers. I don't know anything about other software packages so I cannot speak for them but the headset would make a great addition to anyone's computer hardware list.
on July 7, 2014
I had high expectations for this product. I read reviews of a lot of similar products but settled on this one because it generally had the best reviews. However, the voice recognition of this microphone was very inaccurate. I used it with the Windows 7 voice recognition software, and It got way more words wrong than when I just used my cheap Logitech webcam/microphone. Also, the quality of the material of this product was poor. It was extremely cheap and not what you'd expect for paying $50. Unfortunately, I had to pay my own return shipping when I sent these suckers back because Amazon was not the direct seller. Do not buy this headset.
on September 18, 2013
Read a lot of the other reviews and didn't expect much but I've had them for over a month and they haven't broken yet like some of the other people claimed, they're just amazing, a TON more comfortable than my turtle beach, I mean, the sound isn't you're super high quality everything you could ever want, but I can hear everything clearly, 0 static in the background, and I LOVE that it only covers one ear so that I can hear the phone ring or if someone is calling me from the other room. No I'm not a computer -_- if you don't believe me, go look me up on FB. Anyways, I use them for my speech detection to write essays and also for chats like Teamspeak while I'm playing games like Tera, Minecraft, Civ5, Diablo III, etc., and no one has complained yet about not being able to hear me or getting that metallic echo from my mic. I give them a 5 out of 5 people so if you're looking for something to range from work to school to gaming, don't waist your money on fancy stuff because these are just as good, for me they're better. (P.S. they look different than in the picture but it's pretty much the same thing, so don't flip when you see it's different.)
on April 2, 2009
I got this headset to use for voice chat for gaming. I wanted the single ear style so that I could still hear what was going on around me and so I could pipe the game music and sound effects through my speakers and hear voice chat through the earpiece. It's worked out great! The headset is flexible and feels like it's made out of high quality materials. The earpiece has good sound and as for the microphone, my chat partners tell me they can hear me loud and clear. The headset also has a crazily long cord, and I've often ended a gaming session with wire draped all over me and wrapped around my chair. The long cord would come in handy if you're actually intending to use this for internet telephone calls. There's also a volume control with a mute button built into the cord. The control also has a clip so you can clip it to your clothes and adjust the volume easily without going to the computer. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a microphone headset.
on February 29, 2008
These are a typical Sennheiser product - good quality, sturdy, and very effective. They're quite a bit more expensive than the typical cheap headphones I've used in the past (Cyber Acoustics, for example), but both the sound in and out are much better quality. I use them for gaming voice communications (Ventrilo), and the people I was speaking to could immediately tell the difference when I switched to these.

I'm using them on an Imac, and there are no compatibility issues at all, completely plug-and-play. The only hitch I've run into is that the in-line volume control changes the volume of the computer, not the headset, but this isn't an issue for me, so I haven't bothered to see if there is a way to change this.
on December 16, 2012
Nice mike for Dragon. USB so it plugs in the front of my computer tower. Left side boom, where i am normally right side. Very good accuracy, lightweight, well made.
on September 20, 2013
I bought this headset for recording Skype interviews for my podcast, and I have to say I'm disappointed. The microphone has a problem with sibilance (an "exploding" effect with P-, B- and T-sounds) when positioned right in front of my mouth; if I move it far enough away to eliminate the sibilance problem, I don't get enough volume. I tried adding a pop filter, which only helps a little. Will be looking for a replacement.
on October 20, 2011
I am using this headset/microphone for my voice recognition software. Perhaps the nicest feature is that it plugs right in with the USB and you're good to go. The sound quality is great and it seems to be understanding my voice clearly enough that I find few mistakes.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.