Customer Reviews: Panasonic RP-HS6 Ear Clip Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon Fit for Fall Save on select BOB strollers, Car Seats & Accessories

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on December 20, 2008
As a recording musician and drummer, I've owned (and do own) at least a dozen models of head/earphones, most of which are more expensive. These are rugged, and the sound quality is far above what I expected for this type and price...and I'm very sensitive to sound quality. As you might expect, they don't reproduce deep bass as well as canal-type earphones, but this is easily compensated for with about a +3 to 5 dB boost on your player's lowest EQ frequency range. Because they don't insert into your ear canal, you can hear ambient sounds fairly well at lower listening volumes. The clips ride around my ears fine, they don't irritate my ears, and I love 'em.
on September 6, 2008
I just went for a 5 mile run with these, and they didn't fall off once. I think that everyone's ears are different, and for me these are a great fit! They are lightweight and I can hear a lot more bass than with the headphones that came with my ipod. I do agree that getting them on takes a little time, but it's minimal and totally worth it.
on November 10, 2007
I've never been able to keep ear plug headphones in my ears, and I've been very pleased with these ear clip headphones. Plus the sound is better than the others I have tried. And the price can't be beat. Getting them on is a little more involved, but worth it. They are good in an exercise or yard work environment where sweat is involved.
on November 26, 2008
I bought these because I am tired of trying to find earbuds that 1)fit in my ear properly 2)don't cause pain after wearing them for a short period of time and 3)stay in my ear once I get them in there. I mainly purchased these to use at the gym (another place where earbuds were more trouble than they were worth. These stay in place very nicely during all my workouts. They sound better than I expected them to for being so inexpensive. I have always liked Panasonic products and find myself buying more and more of them. I found that after placing them on my ear in the vertical position, if I rotate them slighly forward, they become more comfortable and sound even better because the speakers are aimed closer to my ear canal. Doing this should also fix the problem some people may encounter with them not fitting properly.
Like I said, I bought these for the gym, and the sound quality and comfort are very good for that purpose. They do not produce completely accurate sound, the lows are not very strong, the highs are a little to airy, and the mids are a bit muddled, but if your player has an eq, you should be able to find a good setting to balance this out. I am very particular about the accuracy of the sound that is produced, that's why I'll stick to my on ear phones for listening outside the gym. For around $7, you can't go wrong with these.
on September 15, 2009
This will be my 4th or 5th pair of these very same headphones. They are not high end sound devices. However, they stay in place. I have ridden my Mt. bike with them. Ridden my motorcycle with them. I sleep with an old pair that have one of the speakers removed. I work with them. You can pop out one of the ear pieces and just let it dangle, and it wont pull out the other ear piece. I do this a lot to answer the phone or hear someone talking to me. They have good volume and power. I can hear them over the motorcycle without maxing out the volume. They are dang fine active head phones for ~$10.
on September 1, 2008
Maybe I have unusually small ears or something because these aren't adjustable and they are too big for my ears. When working out, I find that I can't relax my neck because I'm afraid these may fall out. While they do stay on with moderate exercise (treadmill) they don't stay on with strenuous or high impact exercise. I will say that the sound quality if good. Not too much of one thing and not enough of the other.
I ended up buying some ipod ear buds. I only use these when cleaning now. These would probably be excellent for a man but I don't think their suitable for a womans earlobe.
on June 21, 2009
I bought these at a local fry's store for working out at the gym. The sound quality is better than I expected for the price (5.00+tax) and sounds way better than the standard ipod/iphone headphones.
Although the fit isn't snug, it still stays on my ears; it moves around when I do pylometrics or jump rope but it doesn't fall off.
The 3.5mm jack is actually a bit smaller than the standard 3.5mm (at least mine is) but it stays on my Ipod [Shuffle]. However, it doesn't fit my Iphone which kinda sucks. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase and would buy it again.
on December 2, 2008
These earphones do look bigger than normal ear size, but I've got used to it. They're good and comfortable for using; at least they don't get off my ears and I don't need to hold them in place all the time. Now I can enjoy music or whatever hand-free! Great sound too! However, I do suggest the company changing the size and making them more fit for ears!
on February 22, 2010
I love this head sets and for the price they are not to bad i can finally lessen to my music at full volume with out disturbing anyone around me but as far as comfort gos though they are ok for an hour or two they get really uncomfortable after awhile so if your a person who lessens to music 24\7 these are not for you
on December 29, 2008
After comparing a few brands, Koss, Sony, Panasonic, RCA, etc. today at Walmart, I went with these to replace a pair of RCA clip-on headphones that I had used for several years now with an MP3 player. I will eventually buy the Bose On-Ear numbers come tax time ([...] bucks).

The Bose headphones are not from this planet! The bass, the treble, the clarity, are all off the charts. You get what you pay for. The Bose on-ear sound better and are more comfortable than the in-ear and the over-ear models btw. So, for the gym or the jog, I needed a portable pair to replace my aging RCAs...and something to get me by until I purchase the Bose headset. These are perfect.

I compared the specs of the competition, and for just under [...] bucks (not including tax), these had the specs of [...] models. Hmmm. I was concerned about the wrap-around bar. It didn't look so comfortable in the package. Not to worry. The clip part is flexible and comfortable. You can even bend it to get the headphones on. The thing I like about clip ons is that you don't have to worry about them popping out. The thing is finding a pair that are comfortable. These are. The headphone is held in place, plus they don't feel "in your ear", but held at your ear so you're not paranoid about them falling out. Some in-ears hurt after a while. You don't have to worry about that with these.

Now, the important part. The sound. I gave them a 3, but they could easily be a 3.5 or a 4. These are clip-type headphones with smaller driver units. You can't compare, say, the Bose to these. They are what they are. However, what they do, they do well. If you like clarity over bass in something inexpensive and mobile, don't buy anything else but these. Granted, the bass is fine, but what surprised me was the clarity. Pretty darn good. I like some bass, but don't want to be slammed with it. That's where the Bose get bass, treble clarity, and noise-canceling...and comfort. However, they are [...] or so bucks! These were $[...]!

When you balance price and quality, BUY THESE! Atleast they could serve you as a second pair of portable headphones or something for your workout...and they won't go anywhere. However, my niece CAN NOT wear these. They fall off her head. She's 11. I am a 5-11 male with average ears and they fit perfect. If you have average ears, you'll be fine. If you have small ears, as someone else on here pointed out, you might wind up returning them. There's not much in regards to adjustability.

So, there you have it. I gave them 5 stars based on what you're getting for what you pay. Crystal clear sound for [...]! Cheap-o in-ears or cheap-o clip-ons can't touch these. You can't beat the price, and if you have average sized ears, they aren't going anywhere, and they're very comfortable. I hope this helped. Don't spend [...] bucks on another model. Buy these. They sound very very good!