Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on October 7, 2014
I was so excited to see this available. This was one of my favorite shows and I am enjoying it now just as much as I did when it was airing. Michael Chiklis and Theresa Saldana did a super job with this show. Mr. Chiklis has not received the credit he deserves for his acting. Sure wish we would see more of him! Kudos for "The Commish"!!!!
on March 29, 2016
They managed to cut the most important 15 seconds!
on June 14, 2013
The first time I remember seeing Michael Chiklis was in this series. I am unsure if he was known at the time. Regardless, I knew he was something special and he made the series great. The clarinet intro theme was very memorable as well. Great series.
on September 17, 2009
I loved this series when it was first on TV. It's a family friendly and a light hearted drama with little of the hard hitting attitude so prevalent in TV police shows today. Some may say it was too easy going and doesn't portray some police situations as bad as they actually are, but I found it to be refreshingly simple and fun to watch. It shows that Michael Chiklis can do comedy as well as anyone. My only dislike is the fact that there are not enough shows on this DVD.
on February 9, 2017
Always loved this show
on October 16, 2016
good wholesome entertainment
on November 24, 2015
Good action , fun family setting, surprises , 👌🏼
on January 13, 2005
I have read on the reviews about the cut scenes. Especially the scene with the singers on the roadside. Why that was cut out, I don't know. And yes, it did pull an, "Aw, man, what's up with that?" out of me. I noticed it in another episode too, although I would be hard-pressed to tell you which one.

What struck me was how good the episodes still are, even today in the advent of such crime classics as Millennium(Seasons 1 and 2 on sale. Tony Scali is even mentioned in a Millennium episode. "Hand of Saint Sebastion"). The show is a testament to what great writing along with great casting can do.

Already have my order in for the Commish Season Two. Yeah, the cuts are annoying, but the series is worth buying regardless.
on July 19, 2012
So far, the quality of the Commish videos were the only ones lacking. In at least three episodes I have watched so far, the video did not match the audio.
on July 13, 2008
I am glad this series came out on dvd finally. Good, less violent, series.