Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 28 reviews
on June 12, 2010
I love this watch! For me, the most challenging part of learning how to use the very unique clasp on my watch was getting the little "gate" that has the Sturhling logo on top to open up for the first time. Until you get this gate open, you won't be able to move the little post inside. Opening the gate will allow the strap to slide through so you can adjust the fit of the band and close the folding clasp. I found and printed the written and pictorial instructions for how to use the clasp from the internet. See the end of my review for the link. While the instructions were helpful, they didn't solve my problem with opening the gate. My husband and I had almost given up when I had an idea. I obtained the orange plastic logo that was attached to the watch band in the box and noticed that the width looked about right for inserting into the gate. I applied a little pressure, and voila, the gate popped open. After that, using the clasp was much easier. After a few minutes of practice, I'm now able to put the watch on by myself after initially thinking that this wouldn't be possible. Please don't give up and return your watch until you've tried this. The link to the instructions I found online is as follows:
[...]. Scroll to the bottom of the instructions to find the link to a pictorial overview.
on April 8, 2013
I purchased this for my daughter as a Christmas gift. It is a pretty and elegant watch, and she loved it. However, she has been wearing it for just 3 months and the winding knob has just fallen out. Trying to put it back in resulted in the watch stopping and not restarting. What a pity - the return period has expired, and I feel that this purchase was too expensive to last for just 3 months. I bought it thinking we would be getting Swiss quality. Sadly not.
I think I will stop purchasing items other than books from Amazon, delivery is very good but in a case like this there is little recourse for the buyer.
on August 2, 2010
The first time I came across this watch, I knew I was eventually going to have to buy it. You don't really see how beautiful it is until you look at a closeup photo of the face, and it's even lovelier looking in person. People have complained about the "odd" clasp, but it not only contributes to the high-end look, it serves as a safety band in the event the watch comes unclasped (like a bracelet) and it prevents the really fine leather of the band from becoming tattered looking from a traditional tang buckle. You should get much more life out of this leather strap (and it really is a great leather strap) than you would the others, which must be "threaded" through the buckle of the tang.

The presentation box that it comes in is likewise beautiful, so it makes an outstanding and rich looking gift (if you can bear to part with it).

Finally, I'm allergic to base metals, so it is vital that both the body AND the buckle of any leather-banded watch be stainless steel, or I'll have a skin reaction in minutes. I've worn this watch for weeks with no problems. It's how I know they use only the best quality materials.

Not only do I love this watch, I'm now a bit addicted to Stuhrling in general, so I have to beware of finding the next "must have" watch! I know this might be a bit more expensive than someone may want to pay for a watch (particularly in this economy), but from everything I've experienced so far, I firmly believe I have a watch I'm going to adore for decades (and it will never go out of style).

Thanks Stuhrling! (And Amazon delivery was brilliant - fast and as promised.)
on September 9, 2016
A beautiful watch but not a comfortable watch to wear and the band was to bulky. I tried to find a new band that would work with it but was not successful so I tossed it when quit keeping time as I assumed the battery went bad after a few months.
on July 14, 2013
The watch is really pretty and elegant. It seems to me that is well made. I own a few pieces of Stuhrling watches and they are durable. Good quality.

I like the buckle system, you will never lose this watch, although the system seems backwards to me?
Anyways... I'm happy with it.
on July 3, 2011
I love this watch! The fine classic 1920s look makes it stylish and appropriate for just about any occasion, casual or more formal. I was a little apprehensive about the size of the watch face, but it is perfect for my 6 inch wrist. Best of all, I really appreciate the wonderful clasp because my last watch, which was also an Amazon purchase, broke when it unbuckled and fell on to the bathroom tile when I was putting it on. It remains to be seen whether it will weather well, but I know I am very happy with my new timepiece now.
on February 24, 2012
I am absolutely THRILLED with this Stuhrling watch! It is truly beautiful in detail, quality and overall eye appeal. It is a little
tricky to latch the strap, as others have commented, but I found that by latching only the one side into the little "post"--keeping it latched PRIOR TO PUTTING THE WATCH ON MY WRIST--then lock down the other side of the latch when it is on it simply is done. I LOVE it.
Great purchase, great buy.
on May 5, 2013
This is a very classy watch. Not too big, not too small. After reading other reviews, I was concerned it might be too large for my small wrist, but not to worry - it's just right! The band is a bit stiff; the clasp takes some getting used to - but I have another watch with a similar clasp, so I had already gone through that adjustment. All in all, I recommend this watch and think it is well worth the price!
on December 6, 2012
Wonderful, deluxe watch! I love it – good comfy size, superior quality look. I keep receiving many compliments on this watch since the day I got it. The band clasp may seem to be little tricky at the beginning, but keep in mind that this type of clasp protects band leather from being worn. And the price of $104 that I paid for this watch is absolutely exciting! One of the best of my online purchases ever!
on December 2, 2013
I love this watch. It looks good on my wrist. The face is just the right size for me and is easy to read. Makes for a great everyday watch as well as a dressy watch with the right outfit. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality watch

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question