Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on May 7, 2013
Just got these as a replacement for my rather battered Rosetta Stone headset. While the microphone on this set seems to work a little better, the sound is only a few steps above terrible and the ear cups aren't the most comfortable, which surprised me because the last pair of Coby headphones I had fit quite well.

Not a bad bargain-price headset, and it serves the need I had, but... there's probably better out there.
on June 24, 2011
I used this as a headset for Ventrilo communication for online gaming as well as listening to music while just surfing the web to tune out my husband watching TV.

The mic picked up my voice just fine and the sound quality was pretty good for such a cheap set of headphones, no complaints. It wants to look a little more expensive than it is and I think aesthetically it's not a bad headset, either.

However, after one hour of continuous use, it became downright painful to continue to wear this - during longer periods of gaming I would find myself constantly shifting it trying to find some relief from the relentless pressure this put on my ears and the sides of my head. I do wear glasses, so this could have affected the fit, but it was so painful to use for extended periods it's now sitting in my desk drawer while I use an older headset that never had the same problem.
on October 12, 2013
old style ear muff.

I had one set of these, decided to take a chance on another set despite the fact the first one was junk.

PROS:
1. speakers & mike worked well for a while
2. nice long cord
3. volume control on wire

CONS:
1. old school design, with a cushioned cup to fit on or over the ear causing overheating of your ear,
2. cheaply designed, non-repairable,

the right speaker stopped working after about 4 months of steady use,......shortly there after the other side quit.....now their landfill fodder.
on June 4, 2011
I couldn't afford the expensive headphones w/ microphone so I bought these. I regret buying these headphones because after five minutes of using them, my ears were in pain.

The design is very awkward. It compresses your ears on both sides.

The microphone seems pretty useless because when I tried talking to people, the voice clarity was so bad that they couldn't hear a single thing I was saying.

The biggest thing:

After 1 month of using them, I am having problems with its amplifier. I can hear sound only one side. When I move the amplifier [volume control] than I hear sound from both sides. But it lasts only few seconds...

I have taken good care of these headphones but I regret paying even few dollars. It wasn't worth it!
on July 27, 2011
I just wanted to bring to prospective buyers' attention the fact that the headset they will get will look different from what's pictured. Or at least I did. The cups are white, not silver. I wouldn't have ordered if I knew that, because I don't want white headphones. There's also no writing on the sides of the head band like you see in the picture, it's just plain black. Basically the real headset looks very bland. Quality is OK for the price.
on January 5, 2011
This headset is OK if you have the time to mess with every single tiny setting on your computer to get it to work and sound right. The headset itself is beyond uncomfortable and I personally cannot wear it for longer than 30 minutes at a time (which does not work for me because most nights I need it for 2-3 hours at a time). The actual sound quality from the headphones is not too bad, but the microphone picks up a LOT of background noise and is muffled when you first use it (again, until you mess with EVERY setting pertaining to a microphone). Possibly a good STARTER headset/microphone but, unless you find a way to make the headset more comfortable, you may end up buying a new, more expensive one within a couple months.
on February 24, 2016
I bought these for my first grade students because of the microphone. In order for the microphone to work you need to have to plug-ins, which isn't possible on an iPhone. On another note these headphones have fallen apart. I would not purchase these again.
on April 20, 2011
The headphones work fine - no hiss or static or tinny sound. They have nice fat, soft ear pads. The mike doesn't get in the way of my coffee cup or cigar... its on the left side. Oddly enough many headset makers have not figured this left side thing out. Or they are all lefties, or they don't drink coffee and/or smoke. My only caveat is if you have a big brain bucket you might want to look into a larger set. This one only stretches so far around my pumpkin head, so the ear pads don't seat perfectly... but that is a minor thing since I only use them on occasion for FPS games. The price and overall function are impossible to beat. A great ghetto headset.
on July 3, 2011
I bought two of these headsets knowing that they were not going to be the best but at least sufficient for occasional use. Since I was currently using some other cheapy headset I didn't use these until 5 months after I bought them, when the old one broke. The first Coby headset lasted only 4 days. I was surprised. After four days only one side had sound. I tried the second pair that I bought and it has been working for a few months with occasional use. If you need something that will last or above average sound quality, then buy something else, these are not that great for every day use. No comment on the microphone.
on February 24, 2012
I use Dragon Naturally Speaking for work and was looking for a headset that would record with clarity. When I ran the microphone test through Dragon this headset FAILED. When I listened to the playback there is a terrible low pitched hum throughout the recording. I am shocked since this item is marketed as right for gaming systems.

Will look to possibly return if worth the money. If not I'll use it for listening only.

Went back to my cheap headset with microphone.

Very disappointed.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.