Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 127 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 333 reviews
on February 10, 2014
I'd gone through three Black & Decker under-cabinet mounts in about 25 years. When the last one broke, I found they are no longer made, and searching for anything that fills from the front brought me to DeLonghi. I cannot move the maker to fill it because it sits on a shelf that is only 12 inches deep. I've used it now for several days and am quite pleased (though I'd still prefer an under-cabinet mount). It's easy to fill. I do not use the gold basket; I still prefer paper filters and they work fine in this unit. Some folks have written that they have problems with leaks and spills, not me. That sort of thing usually happens with any coffee maker when you're not careful to place the carafe in the proper position. Others complained the coffee wasn't hot enough but, since I like mine black, I always have to wait for it to cool a bit; it was plenty hot.

Everything was fine and then I decided to try the Aroma button. Ah!, this is coffee! It DOES make a better cup of coffee. I would not say it is stronger; it just has fuller body. It makes the coffee more velvety, nullifying some of the acidity. The book suggests using better grades of coffee but I find this improves the grade of whatever brand you use. I do not know if it takes longer to brew because I start the coffee and then take my shower and it's ready when I come back to the kitchen.

And, the price was right!

PS -- My sister hates the taste of F**g**s coffee. I served her F**g**s made with the aroma button and she asked what brand I'd used because it was so smooth! So it is true, it makes better coffee.
on October 28, 2012
I read the reviews and still took the plunge. I am glad that I did. Those that complained about leaking from the back likely did not read the instructions. If you over fill the reservoir, it overflows. Simple.
I really like the ability to leave the coffemaker under the counter and simply pull out the hinged "funnel" and brewing pot. There is a handle of basket for the grounds and standard paper filters fit perfectly.
This replaced a white coffee pot that coffee stained. Black is good. Even if it stains, no one will be able to tell. White calcification build up cleans off easily with vinegar. I look forward to a long life with my new morning partner.
on February 3, 2017
Customer service for replacing nonworking machines is hoop jumping at it's finest. Do you have receipt, serial #, manual, follow steps 1-7 and buy product for doing this on our website,cut cord,send it to us, video tape it yada yada yada. I don't know how much time you have in your life but it pays to just throw it out and start new. Makes you wonder if this is by design. Oh by the way, hold on to everything. I say buy a product that is reputable and buy from a place that is reputable.
on February 13, 2014
Loved the first Delonghi DCF212T coffeemaker we purchased a few years ago and when that one started to fail we purchased another and began using the second one in January of 2014. We love the fact that it is so, so user friendly. You don't pour the water in a top access, but in the front access. But the second purchase takes so-o-o- long to brew. 15 minutes [approx.] to brew 6 cups. Way longer than the first one...but we'll keep using it just the same because of the convenience it offers. The third coffeemaker we purchased was a Christmas gift for my daughter and son-in-law. They love theirs as well and have been using it for about 2 years now. Don't know why this coffeemaker operates so differently than the first but will probably purchase another when this one fails...if they are still available.

Lewiston, MI.
Ages 60-75
on April 4, 2013
In spite of some of the poor ratings this product received, I purchased it anyway. It has delivered even though I've only had it a week. The coffee is great, hot and meets the objective. Front access for water and coffee is fantastic. The only aspect which is "different" is the fact that the "Aroma" brew option takes a bit longer than non "Aroma" brew. I can live with that as it does provide a nice aromatic cup of coffee.
UPDATE: Turned out to be junk. It would take approx 1 hour to brew 8 cups of coffee, that is, when it decided to brew all 8 cups. 8 cups water added and only 4-6 would emerge as coffee. Lots of steam emitted from top of unit which will wreak havoc on your wood cabinets. Contacted the manufacturer who refunded my money, beyond the return period, no questions asked. Makes you wonder...
on January 1, 2011
I've had two of these over the space of a couple of years, and am finally fed up with never getting hot coffee. I'm ordering something else today.

Pros: Extremely convenient design; no more pulling the coffeemaker out from under the counter to fill the water reservoir from the top.

Cons: Coffee isn't hot even from the first cup (I have to microwave it for 30 seconds to make it drinkable), & gets cooler from there. Because the coffee isn't hot, it's more bitter than it should be. Very slow, like other reviewers have said, even though I clean it regularly. Internal leakage of brewed coffee onto back edge of hot plate, though the one I bought about a year ago leaks less than the previous copy. First machine stopped heating at all after 9 months. Convenient design has the flaw of being hard to clean, because the swing arm that holds the (flat-bottom) basket & the water channel can't be removed.

I thought convenience was my highest priority. After living with this, I realize good, hot coffee matters, too.
on December 10, 2013
This DeLonghi model seems unique among the moderately priced coffeemakers because it has a slow brew button (called the aroma button). It makes an enormous difference for the flavor. We grind our own beans and use filtered water but were disappointed with the results using other brands. We have had this model before and nothing else does as good a job. I haven't seen it anywhere in stores. Amazon is one of the few ways to buy it. Thanks!

Maggi
on February 27, 2009
Just unpacked it last night. Looks great on the counter, and I absolutely love the front access. It came with the permanent gold basket filter which was a plus compared to other models that sold it separately. All the functions were easy enough to figure out without reading the manual. The aroma function dose add time to brewing, but it's a great option when time allows. I was also amazed that the pour while brewing feature allows you to just pull the pot out mid brew, without dripping a single drop on the burner. Another plus was the pot dose not drip or spill while pouring, really a well designed carafe. The coffee produced was hot not scolding but acceptable temperature. The cup warmer was another nice option though it doesn't heat the cup it does take the chill out of it which otherwise would have cooled the coffee. The recommended scoop to water ratio seems way too strong, and I like a bold flavor. So other than that I would say for under 60 bucks we got a great deal, provided it last us a couple of years. I would highly recommend this to anyone shopping for a drip maker in the under a hundred dollar range.
on April 4, 2014
This coffee maker lived up to and exceeded my expectations. Other than the convenience of fitting nicely under my kitchen cabinet and not having to pull it out every time it needed to be refilled or cleaned out it produced an outstanding cup of coffee. Nice is the fact that it has a built in brew or what they call aroma control for those who like an extra strong cup. The pricing is fantastic as it is only very slightly more than some of those so called cheap machines on the market
on December 13, 2011
After looking online and considering different brands/style, I decided to purchase the same coffeemaker to replace the one that stopped working. I love the style (water "slides down" in front vs being poured in on top), the aroma button (mmmmm, the smell of the coffee in the morning!), and it makes a good cup of coffee. The complaints I read online I decided to ignore. How long it brews doesn't matter since you can pour a cup of coffee before it's done brewing without a mess; i.e., waiting for a full pot is pretty insignificant. The last one I had didn't last forever, but for the price and style I decided to get the same brand again. It does have a "burnt plastic" smell when you first unpack and use it, but this disappeared after a week of brewing daily and it didn't seem to affect the flavor. I wish I didn't spend so much time online reading the reviews as it delayed me from enjoying my coffee in the morning!