Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 22, 2014
We've had this coffee maker for only 6 months and it is rusting... What an expensive piece of crap. Usually I have good luck with the Cuisinart brand. Not this time, though. Am going to try to get a refund for this purchase.

**Update**

One and a half years later, I am FINALLY giving up on this junky thing. Attached are two pictures. One shows the rust on the bottom of this maker, which had a little puddle underneath from leaking out the top from not placing it EXACTLY perfect on the holder, the other shows the broken lid, that somehow my husband broke off. Not what I expected from a $90 coffee maker... Lame. DON'T BUY THIS!
review imagereview image
on January 2, 2011
We have been using our Cuisinart DTC 950C coffee maker for about 8 years and we have been very happy with it so when it came time to purchase a new one for a new kitchen we picked what we thought was a similar model expecting to be just as delighted. The only slight advantage which the 1150 has is a slightly higher capacity carafe. This is not a big deal since we rarely make more than 5 cups worth at a time.

The fill gauge on the 950 is easy to read but on the 1150 the contrast between the float and the column is very low, rendering the fill mark almost invisible. The 950 has a proper silvered glass Dewar flask (a.k.a. Thermos) which keeps the coffee hot for a couple of hours without heating. (That is the whole point of having a thermal carafe.) The 1150 has an insulated stainless steel carafe which does not have such good heat retention properties and relies on a hot plate to keep the liquid warm, which is exactly what you don't want and defeats the whole purpose of buying a coffee maker with a thermal carafe. Furthermore, the internal shape of the 1150 carafe makes it extremely difficult to pour out the last drops of coffee. The carafe has to be completely inverted and that makes pouring an interesting challenge. Finally, the fill points for the water reservoir are immediately adjacent to the lid so it is necessary to use something other than the carafe.

The DC-1150 coffee maker works, which is why I gave it two stars, but I cannot recommend this product.
on May 4, 2016
Nice product considering that carafe machines in white are very difficult to find. It is true that the light has to be just right to see the water level rise as one fills the reservoir, but I keep a small flashlight handy. I do wish Cuisinart still made the white carafe machine I bought 15 years ago and used until it just wore out. For one thing it had an external sight glass for the water reservoir (and it was way better looking). That's what happens when someone is promoted into middle management, and they feel they must make a change to make their mark, whether it's generally beneficial or not.
VINE VOICEon September 20, 2012
I got it via Amazon in Aug. 2010 at about the price they're charging in Sept 2012 (now) -- just under $100. I loved it.

It makes good coffee, keeps it hot the right amount of time to finish the pot. It's a bit "hard" to program because the display isn't backlighted for use in a darker corner under a counter, and the AM/PM indicator is easy to miss -- pot won't go at 5AM if it's actually set for 5PM. But I conquered it, and I loved it. The plastic top does collect stain the cleaners don't remove, but the interior stainless of the pot does clean up nicely using Urnex Cleancaf Coffee Maker & Espresso Machine Cleaner and Descaler 3 Pack. I didn't use the built in water filter, but just my own RO water. The interior never got calcium deposits so I don't know if the "descaler" part of that cleaner actually works.

PROBLEM: The coffee maker died Sept. 19, 2012. If it had lasted 5 years, I'd have given it 5 stars.

I jumped on Amazon and bought another one -- but I think this model is being phased out. I didn't want to comparison shop a whole new set of models.

This one seems to have died because its computer chip fried. The display went blank. I thought it was the electricity -- a circuit breaker I thought. Checked. Nope. Plugged it into other circuits, -- no dice. "It's dead, Jim."

Requiem will be held when the new one arrives for coronation. The King Is Dead: Long Live The King.
on October 22, 2012
We have been using this coffee pot for months but I have finally decided to write a review in an attempt to keep others from purchasing this product. Prior to purchasing this coffeemaker we had owned three of the model that preceeded it. We loved our old Cuisinart thermal caraf machine--even though they eventually broke down and we had to replace them the machine was good looking and worked well so we were willing to replace it--we are big coffee drinkers. We bought this machine because it appears to be the machine that took the old one's place. Not as attractive, 10 cups instead of 12--still white and still thermal--we went for it. The old pot kept coffee warm if not hot for hours this pot doesn't stay hot for an hour. It also drips all over the place when poured. We have caught on to that so we pour over the sink. We just had weeekend guests and let me tell you--I couldn't keep the counter tops or the lower cabinets clean. Coffee everywhere. This happens everytime someone new pours themselves a cup of coffee and I have had it. Owning this somewhat expensive machine makes me happy to go to my daughter's house where they do not drink coffee and get to use the grocery store Mr. Coffee machine. It's cheap and it does what it is supposed to do. The Cuisinart DCC-1150WH 10 Cup is the worst coffeemaker I have owned in 41 years of being a housewife!
on May 13, 2014
This model was my choice after reading reviews for various programmable coffee makers. My two requirements were programmable and thermal carafe. It's easy to program and the coffee stays hot until I'm ready to pour a cup. I use the "1-4 cup" setting to brew the coffee extra hot. Making 4-5 cups at a time, I haven't had an issue with the temperature of the coffee, and also haven't had any issues with spilling or leaking while brewing. A nice feature is that there's a built-in water filter (bonus: the replacement filters aren't very expensive!). Since I've only been using the coffee pot for a couple of weeks, I haven't used the cleaning feature yet. My one grumble is about the lid of the carafe. I find that to pour out about the last cup of coffee, I need to take the lid off the carafe. Otherwise, because of the shape of the top of the carafe/lid, it doesn't pour out very easily with the lid on. Also - this comes with the permanent filter. I didn't pay attention to that detail and purchased one.
on March 9, 2015
I received this coffee maker about 3 weeks ago and have used it every day. I am very unhappy with this model !.
1. The coffee does not stay hot for more than one hour even though I preheat the stainless steel carafe with boiling water. The hot plate turns off after it finishes brewing. How stupid is that!
2. It is very awkward in trying to pour the coffee- you have to tip the pot at a high angle.
3. You cannot tell how much coffee is left in the carafe.
4. The coffee maker is very large for a 10 cup model and takes up a lot of counter space.
on October 15, 2012
I've had this coffee maker for about 3 months and I'd have to say that there must be better options out there.

#1 complaint: The coffee is no where near as hot as it should be. I'd expect coffee to be hot enough that you have to sip it at first and be able to drink it without burning yourself after about 5-10 minutes...not with this maker though, drink it fast or it will be stone cold in 5-10 minutes. Even with the "double" heating of water for less than 4 cups option the coffee is still just hot enough to be passable (and drinkable)...add milk to it and you get a luke warm beverage.

The other concerns I have with this maker are stuff you can live with but notable for those considering purchasing.
-The water mark on the maker isn't that easy to see when adding water...yes you can see it but it can be hard to read.
-I hope you know how much water you need to get the number of cups you want. We fill the carrafe with water and pour that into the maker - luckily I have the timing down as there is no way to tell how much 4 cups is until you are pouring it in. May not be a big issue if you don't mind either pouring in water until you have what you want then walking back to the sink to pour out the remaining water or doing multiple fills...not hard either way - just a pain. I guess I am use to the clear carrafes that you can see you have 4 cups of water for and you pour that in...done.
-The angle you have to pour the coffee in is not natural...what I mean is that you have to really angle the carrafe so that it is about parallel to get the coffee out...and it gets worse as you get to the bottom of the carrafe. I know that this is so that the mechanics in the lid are there to keep the heat in but when you have to turn it upside down to get your last coffee - that doesn't seem right - nor is it comfortable to pour...and to top it off, it pours slowly so you get to hold that awkward position that much longer. I may take someones advice and take the cap off to pour.

So, if guessing if you have the right amount of luke warm coffee is your thing - then go ahead and break a wrist.
on May 6, 2014
this replaces another one (but black) that we had for about 2-3 years that bit the dust (it was a remanufactured model). looking forward to at least 3 years of life with this because of the 3 year warranty and great customer service that cuisinart offers. great to program to have coffee waiting for you in the morning. no burnt coffee ever with the thermal carafe. also - no worries ever about leaving the burner plate on after you left home! coffee does stay hot and it does not leak when brewing - anyone stating problems with leaks just isn't setting it up right with the filter! every once in awhile - if coffee is not staying hot - you need to call cuisinart for a new lid as the seal wears out and allows heat to escape. they have always shipped us a new one for free! gotta love that. when paired with TIM HORTON's ground coffee - i say its the best home brewed coffee in the world!
on June 28, 2014
Extremely disappointed with this purchase. I have owned a Cuisinart coffee maker previously and it was great. This is a poorly designed piece of junk. The carafe dribbles coffee everywhere when you try to pour it. The clean light has come on after only a few months of occasional use and after going through the cleaning process 5 times, it's still on. Brewing is now so slow that it's not worth using. I'll be replacing it soon and I regret wasting my money on it.