Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on February 16, 2011
My old JVC GR-DVF31 purchased in July 1999 was still generally working well in terms of recording and playing, but the button controlling the play versus record, full auto versus manual, broke off. The power switch also seemed to be deteriorating. It became increasingly difficult to turn the camcorder on and off, to switch between play and record, and repairing the machine was exorbitantly expensive.

I decided to invest in this camcorder because I wanted a basic device that uses mini-DV cassettes. I am very pleased with this machine. It is very small (MUCH smaller than my old JVC) and takes excellent videos. Some people do not like the joystick control, but I personally find it easy and fun to use. The battery life is good. The display is smaller than my old JVC, but still perfectly satisfactory. Overall I have no complaints and am highly satisfied. Just bear in mind, though, that this is a basic piece of equipment. I was attracted to the price of $200 -- extremely reasonable. If you're looking for a high-end machine with lots of bells and whistles, though, then this isn't the camcorder for you.

But if you want a simple device that takes excellent videos, is easy and fun to use, and still records onto mini-DV cassettes, then I would highly recommend this camcorder.
on December 14, 2012
We had lost our old MiniDV, and this replaced it. Worked great. Easy-to-use camera. Nice size. I recommend it if you are interested in this style.
on December 22, 2016
I have had two camcorders that were the same model in the past. I wanted to download video clips to my computer but it did not function properly. I returned it.
on April 13, 2015
This recorder did not come with an instruction booklet, battery charger, or an ac/dc adapter! So how am I supposed to get it to work!!!!!!
on May 28, 2017
Great item fast shipping great seller Thanks a lot !
on September 9, 2016
It did not operate correctly and I still
Have a problem with using the camcorder
on June 5, 2010
I bought this refurbished camcorder only to play back older miniDV tapes of our children, so I cannot comment on the recording video quality. The playback is fine on this machine and I hope to copy all the miniDV tapes to our computer soon with it. I bought it solely because one cannot buy just a miniDV player at this price point.
on October 20, 2009
I bought this to be used on my ATV trips. I mounted a Ball Head on the front rack of my ATV and mounted the camera on that. Does a great job. Picture quality is better than expected. My JVC with a hard drive cuts off apparently caused by the magnetic field from the ATV engine. This camera suffers no problems due to that field. For my purpose, it is excellent.
on January 14, 2014
product was exactly what it said it was, THANK YOU.
& especially for reaching out to me when I called
and sending a free adapter. much needed. UpBeat
Electronics was great! x mwah! I love you!
on November 22, 2009
I love the product. The picture quality is second to none. I love that the camera is compact and that I can point and shoot. I also like the fact that if I am holding the camera and videoing, the picture is really steady. The only thing I would like to see if the ability to plug into my computer and download.