Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 9, 2015
I wore these shoes for half a day and the tassel/bow thing came off as can be seen in the picture. Concerned about the quality of workmanship. Other shoes from other manufacturers purchased through Amazon haven't had similar issues.
review image
on August 3, 2016
This made in India shoe is not what I expected from J&M. Firstly, the leather quality appears quite cheap. There is no marking on the shoe stating what its made of (I thought that was US law). Some feels like it is under the right insole, at the ball of my foot. I can feel it with my foot, but not my hand. It feels like a thin ridge that is poking me. It is HIGHLY annoying. I have tried a gel insert, but the shoe is not deep enough to accommodate that without feeling tight. I cheap insert I had did not help. I will next try a quality Dr. Scholl insert. The bigger issue is that after maybe 4-5 uses, a white/grey patina started appearing in various spots on the black and the burgundy leather. I first thought it was dust, but it did not come off. I presume the dye used to stain the leather was poorly applied or was of low quality to begin with. I will try to polish them to address this issue. I REALLY should have known better than to buy dress shoes over the internet. I am going to keep them as the box is thrown out and I can probably salvage them with the fixes mentioned here, but I should not have to "fix" Johnston and Murphy's. I do not recommend these shoes. Not sure if the ones in the store are different.
on August 26, 2014
I have bought this exact style/model shoe twice before. It is one of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn and they also come in two other colors. One is brown and black (which I own) and the other is all brown. The all black goes well with casual wear up to and including suits. My only complaint is the non-slip insert they embed in the leather portion of the sole (the heel is synthetic rubber). As others have said, after several months wear and exposure to wet payment, it will start to come loose from the leather. As usually, at that point I may re-attach temporarily with "Goop" shoe repair and eventually have them resoled with an all leather half-sole. This typically costs around $40 and will more that double the life of the shoe. By the way, if you are someone who had a tendency to allow your shoes to occasionally rub against each other (particularly as you walk) you may cause the very soft leather to become scuffed (not typical of harder finished leather). To help avoid this, some mink oil applied when they are new and then occasionally re-applied will reduce this issue.
on February 6, 2013
Third pair of the same basic shoe (various colors - these are black) over ten years. Do get a half size smaller than usual for this particular shoe if you like a snug fit that WILL loosen up nicely, quickly.
on April 7, 2015
The first day I wore these I was in New York City. I walked about 90 blocks in one day. The shoes felt comfortable the whole day. The only negative bit was that it was a slightly rainy day and some water did get into the front part of the shoes. I should have put on the rubbers I packed for just that condition, but I didn't think it was needed when I left the hotel. Overall, this is a great looking and comfortable shoe. It's a lot better than the Sperry version of a similar shoe I had worn before, it comes a wide size, and it was only $10 more.
on December 28, 2012
While these shoes are of excellent quality, the sizing, specifically the width, seems to be a bit off. The narrow version of this shoe does not fit a narrow foot. Rather, it fits more like a C or a D width shoe. Otherwise, I would have kept the shoe.
on February 11, 2014
Both my husband & I are very fond of these shoes and have purchased at least 3 pairs over the lifetime on market. This is not to say they wear out quickly; rather they have been on the market for awhile and have become his "go-to" shoe for almost too many events. He is hard on shoes and travels frequently. Comfort through the airport, ease of slip on/off (even under conference room tables when he needs to wiggle his toes), and the flexibility of 1-shoe fits many, many clothing combinations. Therefore lightening the packing load (more gifts for me space). Quick brush to matte shine & ease of maintenance (color and suppleness) with saddle-soap, or the special airport shoe shine make these shoes charming, "suitable", and almost reconfigurable. EASILY HANDLES A WIDE VARIETY OF WEATHER CONDITIONS FROM, RAIN, ICE, SNOW, HIGH DESERT AND the humidity and dew points of the sub-tropics. I think I better order another pair as they are becoming harder and harder to find. OOOPS, did I just create a market run. Guess I'll buy 2 more instead....
on February 11, 2017
These are my favorite of all of my shoes. I have owned at least 12 pairs over the years, always keeping one brand new pair still boxed in my closet. They are a great combination for every style I wear from jeans to dress up. They always look great and people always compliment me on their good looks and style. My only complaint is they don't wear as well as they should. The soles wear thin after, what I would say, too short of period. I hope they never go out of production!!
on November 14, 2016
A great looking shoe that is well represented by the photo. I ordered a wide shoe and it fit very comfortably right out of the box. I have been walking around for a week or so and they continue to perform well. The two-toned look gives me a lot of flexibility. I can were tan or blue slacks and it looks fine with either. The real test for me is how the look and feel a year from now, but they are a noticeably stiffer shoe that I have worn previously, without being uncomfortable. That argues well that they'll retain their shape for the foreseeable future; always a problem when one has wide feet.
on August 13, 2017
These shoes have served me well over the past 1+ years. Still look good and fit well. Just a bit of an issue while polishing since they are two colors, so keeping the black off the brown can be a challenge.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.