Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Noah Gundersen PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 336 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 395 reviews
on November 4, 2009
The seller was great but the bulbs left something to be desired.

I got them around September 4th 2009 and here it is November 4th 2009 and half of the bulbs are dead.

The package says they are 5 year bulb's well if so that 5 years just blew by.

I contacted GE about this but don't expect to hear anything back from them.

I would say stay away from these GE CF bulbs.

****** Edit ******
All the bulbs I bought no longer worked by December 18th 2009.
I went to Walmart's and bought some generic no name brand CF bulbs that are still going strong 3 years later.
Some of them stay on 24/7/365 and got some that hardly ever get turned on.

I never did hear back from GE about the issue.

I reduced my rating from 2 stars to 1 because of this.
1717 comments| 230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2016
This product works great it was priced right and delivered fast.I bought these to replace incandescent bulbs in my house which is 4800sqft. I have already noticed a difference in the amount of light in my house i forget to turn off lights as well as my sons so this is not only a money saver but a life saver when my wife gets on us about the lights being on i like the fact that they are compact and easy to install and the have a cool design its been an easy teansitionbfor us to leave incandescent bulbs in the past whete they belong .Ive even have a couple outside in my florida room let me tell you these things are bright no complaints they are still working a couple years later good product good price what more could you ask for definitely would recommend
on May 3, 2013
I had four 100 watt bulbs below the fan in my living room. Three of them fused withing six months of installing them. Then I thought of buying the CFLs. When I went to the nearest Best Buy store, I was surprised to see each one of them cost around 5 bucks.

I came back and thought of browsing on Amazon and to my surprise, a pack of six was available for less than 15 dollars !!! And free shipping with Amazon Prime. As soon as I received them, I replaced all four bulbs with these. And the light was very bright and pleasant, far better then the filament bulbs.

Not to mention, my electricity bill halved next month (I replaced all bulbs in my home with CFLs) !!! And I use the light more freely at home, knowing my bill will be very low. These CFLs are one of the best ways to save energy !!!!!
The only drawback is that they don't have a pack size of one or two. But who cares ??....... Buy six and replace all lights which you use the most and the cost will be covered in electricity bill within a month or two.
on July 31, 2011
We have been using CFL bulbs for 18 years and have seen the good and the bad. In locations where there is air circulation the bulbs have lasted 18 years, our actual experience. I am replacing the ones in the basement for the first time in 18 years. The ones in our hallway fixtures lasted less than on year. The ballast at the base of the bulb creates heat. If the heat is no dissipated the ballast will burn out in six months or less. So, do not use in recessed can fixtures, enclosed globes, ceiling fans or similar. Otherwise these are great bulbs.
on May 27, 2012
GE 26 Watt Energy Smart CFL - 6 Pack - 100 Watt Replacement
Delivery was 2 days late. Otherwise item as described. A nice soft white light. Very nice for reading by. Nicely replaced all my incandescent 60 watt light bulbs. According to the GE packaging the new bulbs should save me $$ on my electric bills. I do find it interesting that lifespan is estimated on only 4 hours of usage per day. Oh well as they say only time will tell.I put a date on the base of the lamp. So I will know how long they do last. The 4 star rating is related only to the length of shipping time,otherwise if would be a rating of 5 stars
I have had my ups and downs with GE bulbs. Wanted to try these 26 watt/ 100 watt CFLs and see how they perform. My older GE bulbs were not the same packaging as these. I had bought some 100 watt replacement GE's a few years ago and am just now using the last of them. I want to compare the light output and the length of service to the ecosmart brand. I am retaining the proof of purchase on these and will monitor their life span. If they fall short I intend on taking GE up on their warranty. I will update this review as I gather more information over the coming years.
on January 26, 2014
I have been using these bulbs with no issues for a couple of years and am very satisfied. I only gave them 4 stars because I feel like they don't put out quite as much light as a 100w IC but I've never actually measured it. They provide instant light and seem to last for more hours than they are rated for if you leave them on all the time. When I read the reviews I saw that a lot of people were having issues with the bulbs not lasting and I wonder if folks are trying to use these in a circuit with a dimmer. A Google search revealed that dimmers for IC bulbs work by turning the power on and off very rapidly (like 100 times per second) and there is no quicker way to kill a fluorescent bulb than turning them on and off a lot. Even when the dimmer is set at max it is still turning on and off very rapidly and will kill the bulb. Also when these bulbs are on a circuit with a dimmer designed for IC bulbs they will have a current flow of up to 5 times the current flow when they are not connected to a dimmer circuit which increases the cost to operate them and also constitutes a fire hazard. Heed the warning on the base of the bulb which says "Do Not Use With Dimmer".
on January 25, 2016
Purchased 12 of these bulbs on Jun 19, 2014 and replaced the last of the 12 tonight (January 25, 2016).
6 of the bulbs were installed together on the one switch and had identical runtimes... all 6 failed within the same month which to me is a fairly solid indicator that the quality of these bulbs across the board is low.

At most, average runtime would've been 2hrs/day so they fell exceptionally short of the claimed 8000hrs/5yr life expectancy.

In fact, they've provided less than 15% of their claimed function. Sorry GE, I'll be looking for the Philips logo in the future.
on May 28, 2013
I received my 6 pack of 26 Watt (100W equiv) bulbs this week and have begun putting them to use. I use these in outside fixtures as well as my hobby shop for a nice bright light when working with tools. They are the 2700K "Warm" bulbs that have the familiar soft yellow tint, and not the 5000+K with harsh "cold" or "sun" white-blue tint that hurts my eyes.

One bulb out of the 6 did not work, so I called the 1-800-435-4448 number on the packaging for GE product support and they are sending me a new bulb in the mail. I also learned that these bulbs have a 5 Year Warranty (from time of first use, not time of purchase) and you should keep track by writing the date on the base of the bulb with marker the day you install it. Please use honesty. Do keep your Amazon packing slip or receipt and the barcode from the package to claim your warranty.

My bulbs arrived in a green cardboard packaging with plastic covering only the bulbs. It was easy to open, and each bulb can be individually removed from cardboard flaps. I personally remove all the bulbs and place them in my lightbulb storage bin after testing them.
on January 30, 2014
I've just begun to replace my old light bulbs with the GE Energy Smart CFL bulbs so I cannot attest to the claim that the bulbs will last for 8,000 hours. But here's what I can say about them----the bulbs give off terrific, warm light and I'm happy with my purchase. I use the bulbs in my workshop where I do artwork every day. I have to have a really good light source because my windows do not admit enough natural light. That is NO problem with these bulbs; they emit strong, warm light that is like working outside in natural sunlight.
So far, swo very, very good. And the packaging is superb. The bulbs arrive well protected from breakage; to extract a bulb, just open the perforations and easily extract the bulb. You'll want to keep the bulbs in the protective packaging until you're ready to use them. I highly recommend this product for reading, artwork, and just about any activity or room.