Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Original MuckBoots Adult Wetland Boot
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on August 31, 2010
We first used these boots for our trip to Antarctica. They were the perfect footwear for that climate - warm, waterproof, pliable, durable, easy on and easy off, and comfortable. You can even roll down the top of the boot when you need to cool off a bit. We were sloshing through snow and ice and and two feet of freezing water and my feet never got wet or cold. I bought one size up from my regular size since we were wearing heavier socks (really didn't need the heavy socks with this boot - just regular and thinsulate socks).

I needed a size 7 for regular wear around the ranch and was unable to find them in the stores, which turned out to be a good thing. The price was a bit lower on Amazon and I also got free shipping. The boots arrived within a week of the order date.

I keep them by the front door so I can easily slip into them. Since it's summer, I keep the tops rolled down unless I'm around the lake or in high grass. The lining is a high-vis orange color that can be seen for a good distance. That's a good thing to have during hunting season.

We will buy these boots again when the current ones wear out. I'm not sure when that's going to be since they're made so well.

ETA 11/16/2012 It's been a little over two years since I wrote the original review and I still wear the boots every day. About a month ago the sole came loose from the left boot and that's not an uncommon problem in boots made this way. However, a quick check on the Muck Boots website said to use sealant found in hardware stores to repair the natural rubber. Goop-brand marine sealant is recommended; however, we were only able to find boot and shoe Goop, which did just fine. You need to clean the area with mineral spirits before applying the sealant. Wipe sealant to a thin film, and let sealant dry for 24 hours. My husband clamped the sole to the boot; but first he put vaseline on the clamps to make sure they wouldn't stick to the boot - this sealant is tough!

An another note, I noticed some people had trouble with the sizes. The Muck company website states "Men and women half sizes move down in size. For example: Men's size 6-½ - order 6M Women's size 6-½ - order 6W." If you need help, the folks at Muck are always available. Their phone number is 1-817-326-5470.
on December 9, 2009
Very warm and everything you want in a hunting boot. Only problem is they run very large in size. Normally I wear a size 11 1/2 shoe, so ordered a size 12 and it is very big, even with an extra large pair of socks. Order one size smaller, it will fit.
on November 23, 2010
If you do a lot of work or sport in conditions that are wet and muddy, Mucks are the boot for you. Of course, the quality comes with a price, however, considering that a somewhat decent, inexpensive boot that might last a couple of seasons costs around $30 it's really not much of a stretch. These boot are very high quality, qualitatively more comfortable, breathe, are insulated and will last a lot longer.
This particular "model" of Muck's also incorporates a hugging design around the calf that keep the pant leg tucked in nicely, eliminates most of the problems with debris falling into the boot and keeps the feet warmer. I'd recommend any Muck's but especially the Wetland.

The retailer, Hank's, was great. They offered free shipping and got the product out very promptly. I would definitely do business with them again.

Tim
on January 27, 2011
I PURCHASED MY MUCK BOOTS THIS FALL. I USE THEM ALL THE TIME! JUST WISH THEY WERE FASHIONABLE ENOUGH TO WEAR TO WORK...LOL...THEY ARE COMFORTABLE AND KEEP MY FEET VERY DRY...BEST BOOTS EVER! GET A PAIR GIRLS! THEY ARE NOT JUST FOR MEN!
on February 4, 2015
I've been considering a pair of these for over a year, based on so many positive reviews on multiple sites. Finally tried on the left boot at a sporting goods store (they couldn't find the right boot...and their price was full retail) and really liked the feel. When I saw this pair on Amazon for such an incredible price--and with a winter outdoor adventure coming up--I pulled the trigger.

Short story: In sub-freezing temperatures, snow and ice, on a mountain for several hours recently, my feet never got cold. I wore one pair of merino wool socks, and actually found that my legs were a bit too toasty, having tucked my fleece pants inside of the boots (I had on an outershell, too, so really didn't need to tuck that layer in...).

Traction on ice/slush was excellent, even while others were slipping/falling. I've read some reviews complaining about traction on ice, which I'm guessing was on icy conditions in which anyone wearing any boot would slip.

I did notice a little pressure against my big toes (on the instep side of the boot) after walking quite a bit, but I was going up/down steep elevations and suspect that had something to do with it. No blisters, no discomfort.

Also, for those of you questioning size: I bought an 11 and usually wear 12 in Nike running shoes, 10.5 or 11 in dress shoes. Maybe this helps your sizing decision.
on May 31, 2014
I work extensively outdoors for 6+ hours a day most days of the week walking thru water, mud, brambles, tall grass, rocks ect. I've had several other brands of boots (Rocky and Lacrosse) wear out very quickly. These boots looked sturdy and came well recommended.

After about a year of use here's what I've found: The fit is good for the most part, they are fairly easy to take on and off, however they do fit loose in the heel/leg portion causing the boot to rub against the back of my foot, (I stuff spare fabric down the boot leg to decrease this). They feel comfortable to walk in, and remain comfortable from temps ranging from 10 to 100 degrees. The tread and the adhesive, (the area which would fail in the other boots I tried) has held up well with no leaks. The tread itself grips well, I don't experience any slipping around on wet surfaces. The main reason I have to give these boots a lower score is the fabric upper portion. While comfortable and water proof it is unfortunately not rip resistant- after a few weeks of use I had my first rip when I stumbled against a branch. There's now about 4 rips total, (which I guess isnt bad considering the amount of abuse they go thru, but its still very irritating when walking thru water in 40 degrees). There's a big price gap between these and the all rubber version, so you may want to just go with the more expensive pair if you'll be in varied environments and will be wading frequently.
on February 21, 2016
I hunt upland game so walk uneven fields with ditch crossings, wet foliage, and muddy levees and farm roads. These WETLAND boots are tall, fairly light, comfortable, and waterproof. They don't pick up much mud and clean easily with a hose. If I was younger, I could hunt all day in these.

But the most wonderful thing about them is they are easy to slip on but still hold on tightly in the mud. My previous expensive boots, LaCross AlphaBurly, were a monumental daily struggle to get on and were a bit heavy. They also picked up mud more readily.

It is no fun starting one's day cursing and puffing and panting just getting one's boots on for an enjoyable day of hunting. I finally acted on my vow to upgrade my boots and am extremely pleased with the result.
on March 23, 2016
These have been great boots BUT the soles are starting to come loose from the upper. They are still waterproof. The neoprene tops are really getting large rips and holes from thorns. I live on my ranch and wear these mostly when walking fenceline and wandering through the woods.
I feel like the LaCrosse (which I also own) are more durable because of the solid rubber uppers. They aren't as comfortable as the Mucks but don't get ripped up. Muck must be aware of this because they are making Spandura uppers which are suppose to be tougher.
I may try Muckmaster Hi's next time with greater rubber protection on the upper. I do like the tread pattern on the Wetland's. They are great for climbing out of steep creeks with slippery banks.
review image review image review image
on May 11, 2016
I bought these muck boots for hunting in NC. I turkey hunt in the spring and deer hunt in the fall and winter. I needed a versatile boot that can be comfortably worn in any weather and is absolutely WATERPROOF. I have worn these for almost 4 months now (during both hunting seasons and just working around the house) so I have a good feel for them. So far, I really only have one complaint and that is the material causes an uncomfortable rubbing on my calves when I am just wearing socks or thermals underneath. I understand that in order for them to be warm, they have to be snug around the calves and I'd rather have an uncomfortable rash then frozen toes! I have larger calves to begin with and although I do have room in them, they still rub my calves when I walk and it can be very uncomfortable. Tucking my pants into my boots does help some, but folding them down gives the best relief. Which leads me to my favorite thing about them...

I love their ability to easily fold over and stay folded over! This makes them so easy to slip on and off while at home and it allows your legs to breathe when it is hot out. However, if you leave the boot folded over like this there will be a line around the boot, but I don't mind much because I did not buy them for their looks! Plus it makes it easy to tuck your pants down inside the boot well. You can just fold them over. Put your foot in and tuck your pants around your ankle, then roll/unfold the boot shaft back up your calves.

The biggest selling point of these boots for me was that they are the Wetland model - so obviously, they will be waterproof. I definitely tested this out last weekend. I walked straight through a 1ft deep creek for about 5 minutes, then walked through a huge field that had been rained on for a week and sunk in the mud up to my ankle with every step. My feet stayed completely dry.

As for the fit, I bough the 'unisex' (aka mens) version of these boots because they seems to have better tread and more of a heavy duty sole. I purchased the size 6 mens (supposed to be a 7 womens) and these fit my 7.5 size feet perfectly with a regular sock. However, I doubled up my socks one morning because it was cold and I soon felt like my feet were losing blood flow and had to take the extra pair off. Therefore, I probably should have gone with the 7 mens (8 womens) because I don't know if I will need those extra socks during winter. Plus, I use ThermaCell Heated Insoles which can take up even more space inside the boot. If do need more room, I will certainly be purchasing these same boots in a larger size next winter. They are certainly worth it in my opinion!

I can't tell how well they will hold up, as I have only had them a few months. However, I have worn them a lot and have not been gentle in the slightest, yet they still look brand new! My husband and I have tired quite a few Muck Boots and these are definitely our favorites and we think these will last a long time!
on October 12, 2014
While I haven't got to wear these boots much ( rainy winter season just around the corner) I can say that they are quality boots. Well made with good support and sturdy materials. I had been buying cheap rain boots for landscaping our slope and I ended up with a strained knee from the lack of support. I picked Muckboots because of the great reviews. I am a woman's size 9 and according to the chart, I wear a men's 8. They are roomy and I debated returning then for a 7 because I like to be able to slip my boots on without socks and get on with chores. I think I will keep them because with thick socks they are just so comfortable, I'm willing to change my ways!