Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 1,129 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,191 reviews
on August 25, 2016
Lasted for 8 months, the whole sole/ tread split into two pieces. Contacting timberland for warranty info now, but they require for me to ship back the very heavy boots to the warranty center, and they cant even tell me if they will be able to replace them - only if it is a "manufacturing defect". I have never had a pair of boots do this before, I am no expert but it sure seems like a defect to me....
review image review image
on January 25, 2013
I'll start right off with what I didn't like and kept these from 5 stars so I can go into detail with why I still recommend them above any other boot I've worn. They are on the chunkier side in terms of sheer mass compared to some other steel-toes I've worn. The good thing about a less bulky boot is that you have greater ease moving in them and they feel more natural. There's also an aesthetic argument about the cartoonishness of big boots, however hopefully you're not thinking of steel-toes for the aesthetics. Also, having holes instead of hooks for the top 2 loops is a minor pain. You just have to lace-up every time you put them on.

These boots are exceptionally comfy. They run a bit narrow, but they have excellent support and are tight without cutting off circulation or giving you bruises. I'd chalk this up to the extensive padding. I wore these boots all day the first time I had them and felt better than most good days in my old boots.

The soles for these boots are thick. They'll give you 2 inches. If you're on the shorter side like me, it's a bit of a blessing. They're also secured against electrical surges so you don't get fried if a live wire drops on a treadplate you happen to be standing on. The grip is nothing short of excellent. I haven't had the chance to try it on snow or ice yet, but it holds on dead leaves and slick pavement. It makes the clunkyness bearable.

They are also waterproof up to your ankle due to tight stitching/seams, and a sewn-in tongue. Doesn't seem helpful until that puddle was a little deeper than you thought. Whoops. These boots will ensure your socks are still warm and dry. When it's 37 out, that's kind of a big effin' deal as our VP once put it.

The steel on the toe is thick and the weight gives you some comfort when you hold the boot in your hand. It will save your little piggies should you suffer the misfortune of having something heavy land on your foot. That's kind of the idea.

On another note, on at least one instance in my life I was glad of having a pair of steel-toes as I sat at a bar with a friend in a rough area. The bouncers had metal detectors. We went back to the car and I dropped off my SOG Trident that I typically carry and my buddy dropped off his Smith and Wesson. Point is, in a pinch, a steel-toes are like brass-knuckles for your feet that can't get taken off you due to a metal-detector. Stay safe out there.

Great pair of boots, can't go wrong with them. I got them for $100 and was pleased as pie with the arrangement.
on March 13, 2017
Boots have completely degraded with less than 8 months of moderate use. This is the second pair of 6" Direct attach steel toe timberland boots in a row that have done this to me both within 8 months of moderate use (I'm a research scientist in a hospital - zero demand from my work environment)

They have again split the sole in half just about an inch in front of the arch. Last time it happened to a single boot, this time both boots are cracked in the sole. This degradation results in ample water wicking and entering your boots even with the slightest bit of rain. I'm likely better off with sandals at this point. I used to make these boots last an easy 4-5 years before they would fall apart.

Timberland has REALLY dropped the ball on product quality or perhaps I'm the victim of twice bad quality control? This is unacceptable for a work boot, PERIOD.
review image review image review image review image
on August 11, 2016
Eric (HVAC tech)
So I'm a full 2 weeks into wearing these boots. They score high with me. Definitely water proof as my past week of work has proved with heavy downpours. Non slip works great. I was on a roof yesterday that is notorious for easy slippage because it holds water and grows algae. I didn't have any difficulty walking whatsoever. I wear a size 10 and have an average width foot. I always order a 1/2 size up to avoid contact with the steel toe. If you have a wide foot, definitely order the wide shoe. They do fit to size. As for comfort, I recommend getting the Timberland anti-fatigue insoles. These boots come with a regular insole. I used the regular soles for the first week and bought the better insoles this past weekend with Timberland socks as well. Big difference. I'm on my feet for 8-11 hours a day and I'm not even eager to take these boots off when I come home. I know the anti-fatigue insoles and right socks have as much to do with that as much as the boots do. I will be sure to do a follow up in about 5-6 months. That is typically when I kill my boots from the harsh environments I work in daily. They usually split at the inward section of the sole allowing water to come in freely. I'm eager to see how these hold up compared to previous Timberland Pro's I've owned.
on December 14, 2015
I've been buying the 6" version of these boots for a few years now. They are very comfortable and pretty durable. Each pair has lasted approximately 1 1/2 years. They have held up to digging trenches (all while kicking a shovel to get , walking on hair uneven surfaces with large ballasts (rocks), multiple snow storms without letting any water in. In cold weather they are also nice as they are insulated with 200 grams of insulation.

These boots are slip resistant, electrical shock resistant, water proof, and insulated from the weather. All these features make for a good quality work boots that should hold up well.
on May 6, 2017
So my hubby loved these boots, he is a hard working sexy piece of man meat, and a plumber as well. To say he is rough on boots is an understatment....with that said we normally get 2 pairs of $60,kmart boots about twice a year....not the best boots in thw world but they worked. Well I wanted my man meat to have a NICE pair that were comfortable and made him feel nice. So I spent about $115 dollars and read a lot of reviews and decided while these wernt the best out there....for what I could afford these were it! They were great for about 3 months....and the soles started to crack and bubble! I know he is no saint on his boots and he has a hard and dirty job most days but I expected more...but I gave it three stars because he said they were amazingly comfortable! That matters too!
on November 19, 2016
We bought the boots and after a week the boots at the seam and sole split. So they sent us a replacement. Then the 2nd pair split again and they are suppose to be waterproof and when it started raining the water got into the boots and soaked my husband's foot. We bought them for the brand name and because it had all the qualities for a boot for an outdoor work. Very disappointed and will never purchase again .
on October 29, 2016
I wanted to like these work boots, I have purchased Timberlands before and found them very comfortable to wear. I bought the exact same size as previous boots, but these are just too tight especially in the area of the steel toe. You can return them in unworn condition but what are you supposed to do after wearing them to work for a day and finding they are not comfortable. I've been trying to break them in, but it is not going to happen. I don't understand why the size I always buy no longer fits! Reccomend buying a size larger than normal I guess.
on August 16, 2016
These were purchased for my husband. Even though they are labeled as wide, the shoes are still a bit narrow. The length was fine but they are definitely designed for a more narrow foot. He still wears them and says they're comfortable after he breaks them in but the width is not as wide as they "should" be for a wide size in my opinion.
on April 11, 2015
To start with- these are going to be my go-to winter boots for the next few years. I won't be using them in a real work environment, though if I need booth these will be what I use.

The price at first was a bit hard to swallow. I'm generally one to purchase cheap, and use them 'till they die. I figured since I'll be seasonally in a colder and snowier climate, I needed *real* winter boots, ones that were comfortable, insulated and long-lasting (unlike what I had for boots before).

Out of the box these were comfortable in almost every way for me. While I'm not used to the steel toe, they're nicely insulated, sealed around the base of the boot and the leather looked nice. They have some heft to them (weight), but that's not a big deal and was expected.

One problem to boot (heh, bad puns) was the leather surface. While I really do like the look of the dark boot, buying the dark brown color versus the tan color was a BAD idea. Nicks and marks on the leather surface show far easier than they would on the tan colored boot. Also, when the boot gets dirty or worn one way, the color changes a bit until the leather is cleaned or "groomed" the proper way. Kind of strange, to be honest. Since the leather is also unsealed, you can't really condition it or treat it as if it was sealed leather.

These may sound like silly complaints, but for someone who wants a pair of boots that last a LONG time, the wear that has shown on the leather surface of the boots is a little concern worthy.

Other than appearance though, so far they have stood the test of winter (all 5 weeks I put them through, so not an actual full winter season). I've rinsed them off three times, used them in almost foot-high snow, and scratched them (accidentally) climbing over rocks to take photos for some school-related projects.

I'll update my review in the future if anything changes as far as functionality or wear goes. As of right now, I do like these boots, but don't really have much to compare them to. I know everyone says either LL Bean or Timberlands are the boots to buy...but while they are nice, the leather seems a bit sensitive to damage to last a long time.

We'll see. As of now, I'd recommend these, but if you expect your boots to get damaged (scratched, or roughed up whether from work or accidentally) don't expect them to wear nicely. Also, not sure if this is a cause for concern, but the sealing that was at the bottom of the boot when I bought them appears to have separated a bit. Not sure why.

Feel free to comment if you have any questions.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.