Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nerf Cosmic Keep Away
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on October 3, 2008
We just got this great game and my kids love it. They opened it, got the batteries in and were playing within minutes. I could hear them outside laughing and screaming. After about 15 minutes my oldest son (11) came in, covered with sweat, and said, "This is by far the best gift we have gotten!" I loved that they could figure it out themselves and that it was keeping them moving. It was a real workout! Great for my middle son, 9, who likes to play on the computer a bit too much. He was running around and laughing like crazy too. The boys even included their 5 y/o sister who had a blast. It is so cool how they wear colored bands on their hands and get to sign in by touching the ball. The ball calls out each color as they touch it. The game determines which color does what so no one can say someone isnt playing fair. Not one argument when they were playing. If you want a game that gets them moving and laughing this is the one!
on December 13, 2008
My son got cosmic catch a few years ago for his birthday. He had a great time with cosmic catch with his friends but it broke (fairly quickly). He got cosmic keep away for his birthday a few months ago. The first few times he had a great times with his friends but their are far fewer options then with cosmic catch so he wished he had gotten a new cosmic catch. The main games with cosmic keep away are monkey in the middle and keep away games, which work best with three players. This toy is best played with 3-4 kids.
If you are deciding between cosmic catch and keep away, I would recomend the cosmic catch because it is good for 2-8 players and has more game choices. This product is still fun and I would much rather have the kids playing outside then inside with video games. The kids that have used this at my house range from 4-14. I would say the ideal age range is 7+. It moves a little fast for kids under 6.
on June 25, 2010
This electronic keep away ball was SO much fun, it had everyone running around the yard and laughing in minutes! Initially we did have the same problem that other reviewers reported, that the ball starting turning off but would turn on after hitting the reset button. However, it turned out that we hadn't tightened the screws around the battery compartment enough after putting in the batteries, so a quick tightening with a small screwdriver fixed the problem :) A small screwdriver is really essential to properly replace the batteries.
on March 26, 2009
This nerf ball was great fun, even the wife got into it. My daughter received this as a gift today. After about 30 minutes the ball would just turn itself off for no reason. You could always start the game over and then it would shut itself down again in the middle of the game. Very annoying, I suppose it's defective. If I could get a good one I would definitely purchase another. But now we are sending this one back to Amazon.

Disappointed
on May 29, 2009
It's been nothing but fun since we opened this toy up at home. Accommodates up to 6 players which is great for family fun. Very happy we made this purchase. It provides a lot of active fun. Only drawback, minimum players to play is three... so two kids cannot play by themselves... other than that, game is awesome.
on September 15, 2014
Such a fun game if you like running around and have at least 4 people. The games are more fun if you have 6 people playing though. You have a few options for different games but my favorite is team keep away. The ball is a little hard and you can get hurt (my friend broke her finger and I jammed mine) but we still had a blast. I would say this game is more for adults and teens though versus kids just because it can get a little rough but I guess that all depends on how you play the game.
on January 13, 2009
The kids in the neiborhood like cosmic keep away so much that they come and ask to play with it even when my kids are not home. It makes you think fast, and gives structure to the game. Love it!
on January 15, 2009
My kids love to play with this ball (they are 8 and 10 year old boys). So do all their friends.
on May 5, 2011
this is a fun way to get kids playing together and the whole family too! girls and boys alike have fun...will be buying again in the future definitely!!! played on easter day and we had 4/5 years olds up to 40 year olds involved and all had just as much fun even the shy/hesitant ones in the group couldn't get enough...great excercise and great for hand/eye co-ordination too! (only wish it worked for 2 players but need 3 at least glad i have 3 kids now!)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2009
this toy turns off once you pass it to another player. was a waste of my hard earned money. if it wasn't so sensitive it might've made a pretty good toy. kids and i both were very disappointed