Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on February 4, 2010
I used to kill off a pair of mediocre-sounding, fragile $20 earbuds every 6 months or so, and decided to splurge on a nicer pair about 2 years ago. I don't like walking on the street with isolating earbuds (canal phones, noise canceling, etc.), and the MX560s were the best reviewed non-isolating pair which were not exorbitantly expensive. I've had good luck with Sennheiser products in the past, so I decided to go with them. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Reasons to go ahead and buy MX560s over normal cheap earbuds:
* They sound MUCH better than the junky earbuds that come with MP3 players, or the $10-20 pairs you see in stores. Wider frequency range, less mush.
* The included winder and pouch drastically increase pocket survivability, so by the end of a year these end up being cheaper than buying a sucession of cheap earbuds.
* The build quality is much better than any cheap earbud I've encountered. No squeaky plastic bits falling off or cords that stiffen up.
* They retain the little black fuzzy earbud condoms much better than most, so those have to be replaced less often. They are much more comfortable and better sounding with the covers on, so this is fairly important.

I just had to buy a second pair when the first one wore out after about 2 years, but had no qualms about buying exactly the same model again.
on March 23, 2009
I used to own a pair of Sony MDR-818 earbuds (the original ones), which lost sound in the right earbud after 3 years or so. Overall, the Sony's provided better bass out of the box in my opinion, but the Sennheiser MX 560's are much more accurate and clear in the higher ranges. The Sennheiser's are a little loud and high-range biased out of the box, but after tweaking the Sennheiser's +3db low end, -2db mid, and -1db high, they sound great with no distortion even at higher volumes. At higher bass levels, though, there is noticeable distortion.

Pros:
Good price
Clear sound
Comfortable

Cons:
Slightly lacking in bass

Other thoughts:
I put the buds in my ears slightly crooked the first time, which messed up the sound quite a bit, but after adjusting them, they're very comfortable and sound great.

Edit: After a month or so, these earbuds sound better and more even than when I first got them. They no longer need any equalizer adjustment and perform very well. The bass finally came in and everything sounds great. I guess they just needed some burn in. If I could re-rate them, I'd probably give them 5 stars because they're exactly what they promise to be.
on September 17, 2009
I carry these around with me to use with my portable media player. They are the best-sounding earbuds I've owned, and the soft case serves as convenient and easily pocketable protection for them.

My main problem is that once I've put them in my ears, they tend to move around fairly easily, which alters the sound. I either have to decide that the music is only there as pleasant background noise and just accept the change in sound quality (which may also differ between the left and right ears), or I have to constantly reposition them, which gets annoying after a while. They just don't seem to fit my ears well. I've got other sets of headphones, canal earphones, and earbuds, and the earbuds are the worst for consistent sound, because of fit. I've got a set of the Sennheiser PX-100 headphones, which sound very good and are lightweight and fold up compactly, but not to a pocket-sized bundle.

I won't down-rate these because they don't fit my ears well, but I can't rate them as excellent since I don't get to listen to them critically for very long because they won't stay put.
on December 5, 2009
While not as good as my iGrados or Grado 80's these fit into my pocket and are my choice when walking or riding the train. They are not the earplug type that I find uncomfortable nor do they transfer every little cord noise to the inside of your brain.

Better than the phones you get when you purchase an Ipod. So when the time comes for a replacement set of earbuds for your pods, consider these. Great price / performer.
on June 17, 2009
I bought these as replacements for the Apple iPod OEM earbuds. They are at least as good, maybe even crisper in the midrange than the Apples. Overall, pretty accurate. Lot's of earbud mfgs really try to crank the bass. If you like that, then you won't like these. I don't like thumping bass, so i do like them. Comfortable, come with foam cushions. Strain reliefs at cable ends seem very good, so I think I can anticipate decent longevity.
on June 17, 2009
I should start with saying I'm not an audiophile. I was looking for some decent earbuds to use at my desk at work for listening to my ipod, etc.

My first impression was very positive. They come with a cool little carrying pouch and plastic holder. Not easy to describe, but seems well designed.

The buds themselves are plenty loud, and sound fine for my purposes. The Y split in the cable is reinforced with rubber to avoid wire damage.
on October 6, 2009
This was the first time I ever bought headphones separately from the earbuds that come with the iPod. I'm very pleased with these headphones. They have great sound and good bass, especially when considering the price. I'm not a sound expert, but these headphones are definitely better than the standard Apple earbuds.
on September 26, 2010
Excellent non-isolating ear buds. Slightly weak on bass but clear sound. Buds are very comfortable, the right-angle plug is convenient, the price is right. I've heard better sound, but only on in-the-canal >$100 headphones. But I can't get any of those comfortable enough for extended listening.
on February 22, 2010
These are the best ear bud type headphones that I've heard in this price range. Although, not quite as good in sound quality as my bose earbuds, but they're pretty darn good considering the price. I highly recommend these!!! ****
on September 8, 2008
These ear buds are a wonderful improvement to my regular ipod phones. The
sound is that much better and for the price they are 5 Stars. The accessories (the cable winder and sponge covering ) are ok. A little goofy. The sponge is hard to adjust to the ear buds and the winder is a rectangular waste. I use my ipod for working out and running. They are extremely comfortable and are much easier than the buds that fit into the ear canal. The sound is that good and they stay in place, at least for me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.