Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,216 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,277 reviews
on January 3, 2016
These are shoes that keep my plantar fasciitis and knee problems at bay- I needed to add the Dr. Scholl gel inserts for better arch support in place of the factory insole. I wear these every day! Only weak spot is the small toe area ay the crease point- See Photo. My set before this also failed at the same area. - I still have 50 % of the sole left of the shoe and use them as my around the house shoes
review image
55 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2016
I have VERY high arches and bad feet! I have had two operations (about 4 yrs ago) within 11 months of each other on same big toe (bunion & something tore that holds toes upright) so I have arthritis now in that foot! Because of the two operations so close together on same site, and the other conditions of arthritis--I have been in agony when I need to walk.
ALL that stopped about 2 years ago when down south I stopped at a shoe "outlet' and a salesman said, "With that wide foot (operated on one) why not go to men's size?"---SO instead of a 9-9 1/2 women's shoe--I order a men's 8 81/2 and my feet have never been happier and I have been pain free walking as much as I want to do without pain or aching all night long!
I am on my 4th pair and will be going back for more! I just hope they don't change them. ALSO: Major help (I have two hammer toes) is their high "Toe box" which gives my toes the room they need! These are great shoes and worth the money if you can possibly afford them.
on May 16, 2016
I was skeptical about purchasing such an expensive pair of shoes, but my Plantar Fasciitis demanded it. I must say, I am pleasantly surprised at how comfortable they are. The do fit smaller than a typical shoe (both length and width), but they really do seem to help my foot pain. My flat feet really appreciate the arch supports and the insole, while not terribly soft, works very well. This is the only shoe where I won't need to hunt around for orthotic inserts.

[Update 6/29] I just walked 46 miles in one week in these shoes, around Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. They are truly fantastic-- I previously couldn't walk more than a few miles per week. My feet feel better than they have in a long time.
on December 19, 2016
As other reviewers have noted, these shoes as currently marketed, run a bit small. I took the advice of one reviewer and returned the shoes I bought for a pair 1/2 size larger and quadruple E instead of double E. They fit well and are quite superior in fit and comfort to New Balance Walkers of a similar style for half the price. I find some New Balance shoes to be quite good, but the walkers were not. The Brooks Addiction Walker seems to be sturdy and well-made. Buying two pairs of one shoe is not better if your feet pay a price as well. I did buy two pairs of the Brooks, one black and one brown, because of how well they fit when properly sized. They are priced a bit higher, but there are times when I don't mind paying for quality.
on March 4, 2016
Fantastic shoe... I love it... As a postal worker.. I walk a lot.. These shoes are the best... Highly recommended for anyone that stays on their feet 10hs a day.
on May 6, 2017
It's really true that you get what you pay for. These are excellent walkers. Got them as part of my preparation for an upcoming vacation that will involve a lot of walking. These are designed to keep your foot-stride straight, thus avoiding stress and strain. So far this is working and keeping my feet from hurting. The high quality leather is flawlessly stitched, and the rubber soles are thick, providing shock absorption on heel strike and solid mid-foot support when pushing off the toe. It all adds up to comfortable walking. I will definitely consider Brooks whenever I shop for walking or running or exercise shoes.
on December 2, 2016
After a bad experience with Timberland, I ordered this shoe. I have had foot issues since I was a child which continued though my Cadet, Military and Business Careers. Finally I have found foot wear I can wear during most activities and my feet, ankles, knees, hips and back do not ache. I wear the Brooks Men's Adrenaline GTS 16 Running Shoe hot weather/athletic wear and now Brooks Men's Addiction Walker Walking Shoe, Brown. I will order Black Soon!
on March 19, 2017
5 months after purchase - very comfortable but the front rubber is peeling off towards the front at the toe so they get caught going up stairs - disappointing for how expensive they are that I'm looking to get a new pair after only 5 months...
review image
on August 29, 2016
I've only had these shoes a few weeks, but so far I would say that they are among the best shoes I have ever owned. Very comfortable, almost like slippers. The sole is firm and very supportive. This is important to me since I have suffered with plantar fasciitis in the past. I have always worn New Balance shoes, but my NB 928s eventually developed a ridge under the toes which became painful. In addition I had to buy expensive Superfeet inserts for them. I don't believe that the Brooks shoes will need the inserts because of the great support that is built into them. By the way, per the reviews that I read on this shoe, I ordered them a half size larger and one size wider and they fit perfectly.

Great shoe...well worth the price.
on November 3, 2014
I purchased my first pair of Brooks Addiction Walkers in 2006. I was looking for solid athletic walking shoes for times when I hit the sidewalks or trails for fast-paced walking workouts because my runners for gym use didn't seem to provide the lateral support necessary. I'd used another well-known brand of walkers up until then, but my local athletic shoe store recommended the AWs and I've used them ever since.

The shoes are extremely stable, as would be expected from their width. This feature is particularly useful on uneven ground and pavement. The cushioning and arch support are superb. The all-leather construction provides a degree of protection from the elements in wet weather, especially compared with shoes with mesh construction.

Unlike some athletic shoes, your AWs may require some breaking in, as the construction is very sturdy. I've had to flex and bend the area along or behind the heels on a few of mine to make them more comfortable, but with patience this is easily done. Once broken in, these walkers will provide very long and comfortable wear.

Now, I'll admit that I'm a senior athlete, and that good support is especially important to my workouts now. However, I know several people who wear these on their daily jobs because of the arch support and cushioning. The Addiction Walkers are available in white, black, and brown, and the darker colours help belie the fact that they are in fact athletic shoes. Look at the illustration carefully, because the shoes look like what they are - very sturdy walkers. They're not clod-hoppers, but they won't be mistaken for sleek urban runners when you're wearing them.

Incidentally, some particularly odourous bacteria apparently got into a pair when I was in Hawaii. Fifteen minutes in hot water on the gently wash cycle with just a small dash of bleach was enough to solve the problem without damaging the shoes.

If your athletic endeavours are purely running or another specific sport, you'll want to get the appropriate shoe. But for the type of activities I've described - energetic walking on on-your-feet working - I highly recommend this shoe for you.

Terry Whitecliff

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.