Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 28, 2016
These are beautiful Doc's. If any of you have worn Doc's then you're already aware of their legendary stiffness until you break them in. I can only assume it is because of the extra leather on these boots (to make the union jack design) but they didn't have that crazy tightness across the top of my foot like all other docs do. They were definitely stiff but I wore them to work for 8 hours (standing and walking) and had very little trouble, I didn't even feel anything until I got home and took them off and noticed the bottoms of my feet were a little bit tender. I continued to wear them for the next couple days and had no issues. I very much recommend them.

It drives me nuts when people talk about how difficult the sizing is and then do not post any specifics about their size and what worked for them! Simply saying they are too small or too big is not helpful and super annoying. I typically where an 8.5 in American sizes, always have. But in these docs a UK 6 (US 8) fits perfectly. I have several pairs of Doc Martens and all of the "newer" Docs, the one's NOT made in England, the UK 6 fits me perfectly. Now in the original made in England Doc's I need a UK 7 because the UK 6 is too small.

That being said any of these Doc's that you buy on Amazon are going to be the "newer" ones that are made in China/Thailand/Vietnam and I take a UK 6 in all of those and they fit perfectly. On a side note I will say that I find the Made in England Doc's to be WAY less comfortable than the newer Asian made ones, even after being broken in. I know a lot of people will give me guff but in my experience the newer Doc's that are NOT being made in England are better quality and significantly more comfortable than any of the "vintage, original" Doc's. But that is just my opinion.
on December 23, 2015
Docs just never disappoint
review image
on April 23, 2016
Wow, what a beautiful pair of boots. Couldn't wait to try them on. I'm a USA 11 normal width and after reading the fit chart and the comments from other buyers, I should step down a size in British, In other words, a 10 British should supply ample room for my size 11 feet.

They did not. Actually when they first arrived and after I finished admiring the craftmanship of this boot with its smooth black leather and Union Jack toe design, I though they looked a little short. I ran upstairs and held them sole to sole with a Cole Haan loafer. The coal hanan has more of a pointed toe but it was at least one inch longer than the Docs. I then did the same for a Cole Haan hiking shoe', size 11, and the difference was alarming. Similar shaped toes but these Cole Haan shoes were about 3/4 of an inch longer than the Docs size 10 British.

The n to try them on, and sure enough with socks my toes for more than crammed into the toe section. It would be uncomfortable to wear these to the front door.

I've sent them back and am going with a British 11 that supposedly is a USA 12. I'm hoping that is the perfect size.
on September 12, 2013
-Style: A+
The "Union Jack" boot looks fantastic. I wear them with jeans and they really pop.

Break in Period: A
I had no pain with these boots. I was most likely due to the size I got (US Men's 11)

-Sizing: B
The sizing is a bit off. The newer Dr. Martens tend to run smaller than I remember. I recently bought a size 10 in a 1460 boot Dr. Martens and they were killer on my feet! They were too short on the toes! My toes reached the end! So when I picked up the Union Jacks I decided to get a size 11 as there is no half sizes, but now they are too roomy, so an extra pair of socks helped.

Also I have a pair of 20 year old Electric Blue UK Na-Na Dr. Martens in size 10 that fit perfect. So I'm not sure if it's the recent outsourcing that made the size discrepancies.

On a foot scale I size at 9.5 on a men's sizing chart. Below are some other shoes that I wear to help you get an idea how they will fit.

For PF Flyers, I fit perfect in a size US Men's 10
For All-Stars, I fit perfect in US Men's 9
For DCs, I fit perfect in a size US Men's 10
For the newer Dr. Martens, size US Men's 10 the length is too short and a size US Men's 11 is just a tab on the loose size.

-Final: A
Overall, the Union Jacks are awesome. I'm just nick-picking on the size, but you should try on a pair in store before buying online to avoid having to return them. Also, you might need to add some silicone oil to the seam of the boot that meets the Goodyear-welted with the yellow stitching as they tend to squeak when you walk.
on February 24, 2016
i love doc martens and this would've been my second pair . i usually need a size 10 us women but when i got these ... they were too narrow and did not fit comfortably whatsoever . my toes were literally pressing on the inside of the shoes and were squished across the top where the tongue of the shoe meets the toe box . i was sooooo devastated and ordered the next size up before even beginning my return . BE ADVISED: i think if you can fit into your shoe size that you normally would buy pretty snugly , then you need to get the next size when you order these ! no kidding , but in contrast to that , if you have a nice amount of space in the shoe sizes you would normally wear ... then sticking to your size is smart because then you get to break them in and they will just fit like a glove . the other doc martens i currently own were tight when i bought them too but did loosen up with wear . unlike these they were a workable tight whereas these are simply to small . don't believe the reviews on this page claiming these to be fake because i went on the dr marten website and compared the ones I'm sending back and they were exactly the same . those ppl need to stfu .
on September 8, 2015
First, let me be clear that these are great boots. They look fantastic and, though these particular boots aren't made in England, the construction is solid. The leather is supple and has just the right amount of sheen. That's why they earned the five-star rating.

The issue, which I can't ding the boots for, is that they run small. I wear a US 9 in virtually everything, including the Dr. Martens oxfords I own. So, as you might expect, I was surprised when these didn't fit. I could barely squeeze my foot in. Amazon's return policy is great, of course, so I simply returned them and have a US 10 on order.

For what it's worth the issue seems to be with width; my toes weren't pressing against the end, but my foot was squished at the sides, specifically at their widest point.

UPDATE: I purchased a boot stretcher (FootFitter Premium Professional Boot Stretcher) and some leather stretch spray (Professional Boot & Shoe Leather Stretch) to address the width issue because I got a little tired of my feet hurting after a couple of hours in the boots. It worked very well, and if you find that they're too narrow I'd recommend using this combination to speed the break-in process.
on November 20, 2015
LIKE ALL DOCS.... DON'T JUDGE THEM BY WHEN YOU FIRST GET THEM OUT OF THE BOX AND PUT THEM ON. THEY HURT, ARE UNCOMFORTABLE. BUT ONCE THEY ARE BROKEN IN. PRETTY COOL DOCS. I LOVE THEM. I WOULD RECOMMEND GETTING A SIZE LARGER IF YOU HAVE WIDER FEET. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE BOOTS AND GET COMPLIMENTS ON THEM ALL THE TIME. THE SELLER ALSO GOT IT TO BE BEFORE THE ARRIVAL DATE WHICH IS ALWAYS AWESOME. 10/10 5 STARS. WOULD DEFINITELY BUY FROM THEM AGAIN.
on February 7, 2017
Great looking boots, feel sturdily made and came in authentic packaging. Theses seemed to be made in Thailand according to inserts. The break in period was hard like any pair of Docs, but ine foot felt too tight and uncomfortable even after they reached broke in status. Around the top of the left foot on stepping there was a tightness, almost pinching sensation where the boot is supposed to bend.
on April 17, 2017
Love the design. Love it all.
But the freaking unisex sizes do it work for both sexes!!! I'm a woman who has to wear men's shoes as a rule, and these will have to be taken somewhere to be stretched, if that's possible. Tight in the toes, and tight across the top of my feet where the seam is.
on June 14, 2015
Love these boots! I've gotten so many compliments on them! My only complaint/issue is that my first time wearing them, I walked 5 miles (to a concert and back to parking), standing through the concert as well. That was WAY too much standing and walking for the first time wearing them, but that's not the fabulous boot's fault, that was my own fault! Very comfortable for the walk adn for standing (so I didn't realize the blister that was forming until too late!) But these are great! Love them! (Just don't be silly and stand and walk too much your first time wearing them! Break them min properly first! :)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.