Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 188 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 223 reviews
on August 3, 2016
USA made Fryes!!!!! YEAH:) gotta love Fryes. I wish more companies stayed true to USA made. I cant believe it but this is my third pair. I have the Campus lug sole and the veronica back zip. Both in size 6. I find the campus a size big and have an insole in them to snug em up and wear them with thicker hiking/boot socks. (Though i do have a narrow foot)The black Veronicas are much slender and fit well even over my 15 inch calves. Nice casual dressy boot. I get compliments on them both every time I wear them. Im a typical size 6 except in FitFlop brands(always size down to a 5!)
I ordered a 6 and the engineer boots fit me perfectly. They are snug going on which means its a perfect fit. I know the more I wear them the high quality leather will form to my feet. I absolutly LOVE these boots!!!!! From the cushioned insole, the detail in the stitching, the grip sole -so I can wear them in the winter ;) everything about them is perfect!!!!And the rich dark brown color of the leather is exactly as pictured. They are definately my new Favorite Fryes!!!!!!!! Finding them on sale was the icing on the cake:)
Thanks Amazon!!!
on August 5, 2017
I was so excited to when my Frye boots had arrived. I secretly hoped they were in perfect condition after reading many reviews of customers wanting to love the boots but one thing or another was wrong with them. Everything about the packaging looked legit. First boot came out of the box...nice! Second boot came out of the box, hmmm, not so nice....the outside part of the shaft facing the other leg when wearing, is a significantly different shade of brown (very deep expresso color vs. the gaucho brown as advertised). Upon further inspection, there were scuff marks in the leather on both heels and poor craftsmanship as the rubber around the bottom of the boot looked spliced where the ends met. I expect normal variations in color when dealing with leather but the scuff marks look like scuff marks and the marked difference beteeen the dye between the boots is something I'm still deciding if I can live with. Surprisingly, the fit was not a problem. I feel a little pressure at the top of my foot because I have high arches, and heels come up slightly, which thicker socks will help with, but overall, the fit feels good and putting the boot on is not a struggle. I'll probably keep them as I dislike dealing with returns, but it's definitely not love at first sight with these boots. Hopefully my love for them will grow, imperfections and all.
on April 21, 2017
These are my third pair of Frye boots (I have the Veronica short and Veronica slouch). They look as good as expected, but the size is a bit off for me. Im a true 8 (in heels, sandals, boots and sneakers), but after reading reviews I went 1/2 size up and got the 8.5. They were still hard to get on, but once my foot was in, there was a lot of room at the heel and toe. I tried walking around and could feel my heels coming up. Im thinking about exchanging them for an 8, but seeing how difficult it was with an 8.5, Im thinking the 8 will be impossible to get on. My Veronica shorts are 8.5 and the slouch boots are an 8, so basically Frye sizes are a hit or miss.
on November 12, 2014
I owned 3 other pairs of Fryes (Harness, Logger, and Veronica) before I bought the Engineers. I wish I would have bought these first. They are the boots I've been looking for. I ordered them in black first. The right foot on that pair hurt like the dickens across the top of my foot the first few times--in addition to the usual tightness of this style in that area, there seems to be some extra leather protruding from the stitching inside the boot. This pair also came in a plain brown box, with no tissue, cardboard inserts, or Frye tag attached. I'm not sure if I got a return or a second or what. I love the way they look so I kept trying to break them in. After about 3 days they finally started getting better, at which point I ordered another pair in Gaucho. I love this color a lot, it's a gorgeous dark brown. (One thing about the leather on these, it does have a more matte, less "shiny" finish than my Harness or Veronica boots) This pair came in a normal Frye box, with all the normal wrapping and tags. They also fit much more comfortably right out of the box--still stiff, but not nearly as painful as the black ones. I think Frye's quality control may be slipping, but I love both pairs and will be keeping them. I hope they hold up like my other Fryes.
on February 17, 2015
It's been a challenge to find boots long enough for my long slim calves and that don't gap. Struck out with other Frye models until now due to fit problems and lack of comfort. These boots are perfectly proportioned to my legs and hit just below fullest part of my calf. Flattering, on trend, comfortable, and supportive. I expect to wear them for years. This length is really versatile. I wear them tucked in straight/skinny jeans, with boot cut jeans over them and with skirts and dresses. I thought I was ordering the weathered black but accidentally ordered the plain black. I've decided I like this finish even better because they are more polished. Buckles and contoured engineer heel are edgy.
on January 25, 2011
After spending a little over a year debating whether to pull the trigger on these boots unseen (as there are little to no retail stores that carry the brand that I know of) went ahead and bought them here. This is after, I first purchased similar boots by Born, that ended up being a poor immitation of what I was really after, which were these.

Right out of the box, these boots went on easily and comfortably. However, I noticed one boot's side wall rubbed against a part of my ankle. Fortunately, after one wear, the boots and the uncomfortable piece relaxed. These boots not only look cute, but are also very comfortable and have a bit of insole built-in. These boots are less western then some of the other boots they carry. If I had to classify them, I would put them between western and grunge in style. And would look good with pretty much anything in-between.

I now own these and the Fyre Campus, and would put these ahead of the Campus in regards to everyday comfort. I will not hesitate buying from Frye in the future.
on February 19, 2017
If you asked me 4 years ago, I'd have said that these were uncomfortable and wouldn't break in no matter what. Put them in my closet. My sister helps me clean the closet last summer. She says she wants them, I say, take them. She leaves them behind on accident. I decide to try them. I just had a baby, so to heck with lacing up shoes. They seem more comfortable than before. I begin to wear them every single day for 5 months of Minnesota winter. They are my most comfortable show. WTHeck!?? Did my feet grow into them during pregnancy? Did I get better socks once I moved to MN? DId they break in over years in storage? I don't know, but these are hip, waterproof (when treated), easy-on, and comfortable now! OK, I'll take it!
on January 12, 2017
this is definitely a high quality boot but it hits an awkward part of my calf. i'm 5'1" and have pretty short legs. i ultimately returned this and got the 8Rs, which i love.

i usually wear a 6.5 in boots and ordered this. the right boot was too small across the ball of my normal to slightly wide foot in the first pair i ordered. amazon has a great policy and sent me a refund before i mailed it back so i could compare another pair in the same size. in the second pair, the left boot was tight in the same area. i tried out the good fitting boots (one from each pair) for a while at home before deciding to send them all back. didn't have this issue with the 8R.
on April 20, 2016
Broke my Frye virginity with this pair and I'll be a lifetime customer of this company. Boots fit true to size, however there is a period of breaking-in before you'll be able to slip them on and off. Order a half size up, especially if you plan to wear thicker socks inside.
This style is fabulous and surprisingly versatile; transitioning effortlessly from casual street-wear to edgy night-out. If you're familiar with this company, you know they're made for durability and these boots do not disappoint! All genuine leather with reinforced soles to provide substantial support. They can withstand nearly every weather condition, offering years worth of use before having to retire a pair. Believe me, they're worth the splurge and are the absolute perfect shoe for the relaxed-chic style, that can go all day.
on October 17, 2014
I bought these boots about two years ago and I'm still in love with them. They are made with fine craftsmanship and very durable materials. These boots have traveled with me across the united states and they have only gotten more comfortable with wear. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.