Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 12, 2013
I bought this headset with the intention of having a means of hearing friends over Xbox live, and improving the quality of my voice for them. This product most definitely delivered. Many people have a huge problem with the design and functionality of this specific headset, about the fact that not everyone can use it while still playing in HD, but that isn't a problem for me. What you can do is, you can plug the headset into your controller alone while still playing in HD, and you will hear others' voices over the television but they can hear you fine. Another thing that you can do to enjoy surround sound on your headset while still experiencing a full HD experience on the display is plugging in an HD Component Cable to your TV, and routing your headset through that. So all in all, a headset that I do not regret purchasing.
on June 5, 2013
This headset has withstood the test of time and abuse and has passed with flying colors! I can't say enough about the quality of the Lowrider by Skullcandy as it's all positive. Whenever I need to concentrate on gaming, I throw these on and I get engulfed in the game. The little mic pics up noises from my roommate across the room, which means that I don't have to talk as loudly into it as I do with my other mics. The only thing you have to do differently, as I'm sure you've read in other reviews, is that you have to switch one preference setting from playing through the mic only to playing through the mic and speakers. I use a pair of Bose speakers and just plug the Lowriders into the speakers and it works flawlessly. Highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to pay hundreds for the other brands.
on October 27, 2011
I got these headphones to enhance my experience playing BF3. I gave it 4 stars instead of five because the ears were really small, the sound, though amazing quality, was pretty low on the headset. Understandably, the voice chat is drowned out unless you have the game sound down to nearly nothing, so the selling point for sound AND chat is mostly devoid on these unless your willing to do one or the other. If there was a way for the chat to temporarily silence the sound, that would make all the difference, so if you know how to do this, then these headphones are great! Again i did give these 4 stars, because the sound quality was outstanding, just a bit low, the chat quality was amazing, and the mic was excellent, my friends could hear me clear as day through these. They do everything advertised, with proper setup, i would most definately reccomend these to anyone who wants a cheap alternative to turtle beach, and they looks cool as hell.
on May 27, 2011
As a gamer who enjoys playing on XBOX Live and chatting with friends, I looked through various headsets that would accommodate my needs. Like many others I have my eyes set on a headset by Turtle Beach, however I was on a very limited budget and eventually came across these. After reading previous reviews I was a bit hesitant, but I also read the positive reviews and figured I should give it a shot. If you follow the instructions on one of the previous posts, you will find that this is indeed a great product for the price. I would give it 5 stars but the sound isn't loud enough to FULLY immerse yourself in the game experience. Nonetheless it is still a great product. I have owned many products by Skull Candy and have always been satisfied with their products; this one is no exception. All in all, if you are looking for a great headset for a low price, look no further!
on February 1, 2014
we ordered them expecting them to be amazing but we were very upset when we recieved them. We do not like the fact that when they are all upset the mic stays on constantly and is not voice activated like the one we had before. I do not like the fact that anything and everything you say can be heard along with an annoying buzzing noise that everyone can hear. The sound quality is amazing but doesnt make the buzzing any better. I dont reccomend them for an xbox headset we are currently using them for just regular headphones so we can enjoy the only benefit they have.
on August 5, 2013
My recommendation is that you save up and purchase something better. Sounds ok but kind of a work around on how it connects up to the xbox. If you use HDMI you will need to order extra parts to get it to work. I actually ordered two of them, and one of them had some issues with the mic as well, but for how cheep they are I did not even bother sending it back. This may sound ruff for a 3 star ratting, but the one that does work sounds decent so if you make sure the little quirks of the headsets will work for you it's better then some of the similar priced models so take it for what it's worth.
on February 7, 2012
I though this would be a good, simple headset for the Xbox, but I had a hard time even getting it to work. To hear the voice of other players, you have to go into the settings, and set the voice to play through speakers. The wire that goes to the controller only controls the audio coming from your microphone, and not the incoming sound of other people. I couldn't figure out how to extend the microphone so people always said I was too quiet. The in game sound was very good even though the voice was so bad. This is a Skullcandy product, so I would expect it to be much more than it is. I would not recommend this headset, get an x1 headset by Turtle Beach instead.
on December 31, 2013
I think it's kind of false advertising on this product. I mean it looks great, and the sound isn't bad, but the hassle of hooking this to a 360 is not worth the trouble. I'd rather spend more money on a turtle beach, and not deal with kind of thing. It could have been made much easier to hook up, and if you plan on using it for pc, then be ready to buy a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male adapter depending on how you wanna set this up.
on February 15, 2012
The 2.5mm audio side seems completely inop... thats the main point of buying a headset for xbox live... when I unplug the 2.5 side i can hear the other players voices fine, i plug it in, they can hear me but i cant hear them... I have tried them on different controllers, even tried a 2.5mm(female) to 3.5mm(male) adapter and plugged them into my phone, and my macbook... nothing... what a waste... never buying skull candy again.. this wasnt my first bad experience with their product... but it will def be my last
on May 17, 2011
This was the best purchase of a new Xbox 360 headset i have made. item was in brand new condition, the sound quality is incredible digital audio. it really sounds like you have surround sound built in the headset. very comfortable cushion ear pads that allow you to wear it for an extended period of time with no discomfort. i highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great headset for the best price. as for the complaints, if you take the time to read how to properly set the settings of the Xbox interface, you will have absolutely no problems. ^_^ happy gaming
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question