Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 272 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 433 reviews
on June 7, 2015
After one $80 groom I decided I would learn to do it myself on our 50 pound poodle mutt. This goes right through his hair it feels just like I am brushing him. I bought the clip on combs and use a #6 for his entire body. He is a work in progress as I learn more about grooming but for now he looks okay, he is just a big lovable pet so his appearance isn't a big deal it's becoming a fun new hobby. I also like that I don't have to go as short as I would ask the groomer since it cost so much I wanted to stretch out the time between now I can do it anytime. It feels solid and of professional quality and I finished him in 20 minutes. Added a photo keep in mind this is my first ever time trying so it can only get better! (He had an IV recently that's why his leg looks I never)
review image
on October 5, 2015
I'm very impressed with how this model works. I had purchased a lower end model several months back, same brand, but not even on the same level. This unit cut my Charlie's coat like butter. He is a cocker spaniel and does not like to be groomed, however this made our grooming session go very well! Needless to say, you get what you pay for and this is well worth the money. It is extremely quiet and I had most of his body done, minus his legs, before the blade was hot. I advise all buyers to read the instructions because it is very important to oil all the necessary areas prior to use. I love the locking mechanism on the blade and the long cord. I would have been even more pleased if this had a rubberized grip, but other than that it's a great model.
on October 1, 2012
I just wanted to cut my own dogs coat rather than use Petsmart anymore. My dog had so many cuts and burns I just couldnt take it anymore. The cost to groom my dog was $80 each time. I tried other local shops but could never get appointments at my convenience and their costs were over 80$... so here I am.

I read online and the Andis Ultra Edge was highly recommended. However I read they ran the coolest of all clippers and quietest.
I have to say they get real hot. As far as quiet, I think they are avg. I was going to return them but then read the reviews here and everyone seems to feel they run hot. Contradiction to the blog I read about them.
So I not returning them. They are real good... Little vibration. Light enough for me... and easy to use...

I am starting to think it was me taking too long to cut the coat. I used the oil but not the cool lube. I will be purchasing the cool lube tomorrow.

I dont know about other clippers other than ones I purchased which were a complete waste of time and money. They were simple low costs kits in real nice cases.

These clippers cut the coat and allowed me to provide a professional looking cut to my Portuguese Water Dog.
I am very proud of what I did. It was not hard just a little time approx 1 hour.

I am keeping these clippers and learned alot from the Amazon Reviews.
on March 29, 2015
LOVE these clippers. They powered through my cocker spaniel's winter coat with ease. They worked wonders on his legs and ears - even the insides. They did get HOT, even with frequent use of the blade care coolant and oil. I had purchased replacement blades and for a while it worked to switch out the blade, but eventually the clippers were so hot that we took a break. After trimming his nails and scissoring his feet, the clippers were ready to go again. His coat looks awesome, and there were no nicks or scrapes - even running without a blade guard.

Don't plan on storing them in the box they came in - it's pretty flimsy. I took the plastic inner tray that was inside the box holding the clippers and transferred it to my old clipper's box for storage/transport.

I would definitely purchase spare blades - especially if your dog has a thick coat or is matted. It's super easy to change the blades, and super quick.

Can't say enough how much better these clippers are than our old ones. I'm really happy with this purchase.
on November 9, 2012
I am really pleased that I bought these clippers! I have two Husky-Shepherd-Malamute mixes, one with long/scraggly fur and one with a thick, Shepherd-like undercoat; these clippers have proved very effective on both. I like the two speeds because I really need the higher one for the undercoat, but it's not necessary for regular fur and faces (and it gets a little warmer on the higher setting, so it's nice to not need that all that time). I have used it on both of my dogs 3 times each so far and have had no problems; my boys are about 90-lbs each, pretty large, and it takes me about 45 minutes to fully shave each dog. I find that oiling the blades before, during, and after the grooming (I usually oil them 2-3 times during the grooming process) and using the Andis 12750 Cool Care Plus spray has really helped keep the blades from getting too hot. That cooling spray is a must. I touch the blades gingerly every couple minutes to see how warm they are-- usually, it's not too bad, but I don't want to risk it with my babies.

My only complaint about these clippers is that the blade they come with is too short; based on Amazon's recommendation, I purchased the Andis 64240 CeramicEdge Detachable Blade Size 7FC and am glad I did. The 7FC blade is the perfect length. I know it all adds up financially, but all together, it was just a little over one trip to the groomer for both my dogs; now I shave them twice a month, and it really helps with shedding and dander.

A couple tips:
-The first time I shaved my dogs, my husband claimed they looked "homeless" because I had been nervous about pressing the blade close to their skin, but now I've learned that you can really get close and it won't hurt and cut them. Don't be afraid to get close.
-Wash your dog first because clean fur is way easier to go through.
-Don't forget to oil before, during, and after the shaving!
on June 6, 2015
My 18 year old cat got some really thick mats. She hates going anywhere and she's old so I bought these Andis UltraEdge AGC 2 Speed clippers so I could trim her at home. It comes with a #10 clipper, has a very long cord, and some clipper oil. I separately bought #10 and #7FC ceramic blades. The blades are easy to change (press the button and pull up on the front of the blade) and the ceramic blades take longer to get warm. I found the #10 to be most useful for clipping the mats. I gave her some buprenex (vet prescribed) to keep her calm and she was easy to work with. The clippers are pretty quiet at both speeds and the cat was not scared of them.
on February 3, 2014
After reading many reviews of clippers for our dogs, we decided to go with this clipper. We purchased this item as a gift for our 3 toy poodles for Christmas this year. Shortly after we received them, we decided to give them a whirl! Our poodles were in a need of a haircut (we usually go a few months in between cutting) and their hair was getting a medium in length. After combing them to make sure the clippers wouldn't snag, we began to clip them. We don't do the fancy poodle hair cut, but the "lamb" cut (I believe is what it's called) where it's short all over. These clippers worked great! Didn't seem to have a problem at all cutting through their longer hair. We did notice that the clippers seemed to work "better" with the coarse haired poodle than the silky haired poodle BUT in both cases, we managed to cut the hair without hassle.

YES we did notice that they heated up after cutting them for a few minutes; however, we stopped and let them cool down before continuing so the poodles won't get burnt. They didn't mind having a break while getting their hair cut :) I think we will probably try some cooling gel or getting another blade to switch out when one gets hot, but I would still recommend this clipper. We love it!
on August 3, 2016
Purchased these clippers for my goldendoodle and was amazed at how well they work right off the bat. I have used Oster clippers all of my life for livestock and read reviews that these are better for pet use. They were right, these are much quieter and less bulky than the Oster A5's. I would recommend the Andis ceramic #4 skip tooth for a goldendoodle or other dog with similar hair type since it gives a nice "puppy clip." Since goldendoodle's can have a wide range in hair types (mine is more like a sheep) these clippers work wonders on even the thickest hair. They are so quiet that I clipped my dog and he actually fell asleep part way through. Would recommend these to anyone who would rather clip their dog themselves than take them to the groomer ever 8 weeks.
on April 30, 2012
I really didnt want to spend this much for dog clippers...but after 2 $50 clippers broke, my boyfriend was ready to throw in the towel and send our two cockapoos to get professionally groomed. We all know that can be really expensive over time so I just bought these after reading the reviews for several high quality pet clippers. A few reviewers also recommended buying Wahl 3390-100 Stainless Steel Attachment Combs for Detachable Blades,so I bought that as well. (thanks guys!) yes, its a different brand, but it does fit.They dont have good instructions on how to attach it, but just play around with it and you will figure it out. He was amazed at the difference in quality, a very smooth, fast cut. One of our dogs has coarse thick poodle hair and he was able to cut through mats without any problems. It will pay for itself in savings after two or three cuts, get this!
on February 10, 2014
Researched this product extensively as I didn't want to waste money trying different makes trying to find the one that would be best for us. We have a Miki dog and cut her hair shorter on the body and longer on the head. We went to several dog grooming establishments and asked lots of questions. This was the product they all seemed to love the best. As they do this for a living, I decided it was the one I would purchase for our dog. We are not professional groomers but this product makes it easy to use without any mistakes. We have groomed our dog 4 times with it and DO NOT find it gets hot although I purchased the cooling spray just in case. Very happy with this product in every way. It is quiet and does not scare the dog in the least. Just perfect!!