Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Style: 2700 spm and 3400 spm blade speed|Change

Showing 1-10 of 103 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 643 reviews
on June 1, 2016
After having bought a couple cheap clipper sets at TJ Maxx we decided to see I f there really was a suitable clipper for use on our bearded collie. The guard hair is always easy to cut but the undercoat has always been our challenge. First I would say these seem to be a quality product. They are sturdy and relatively quiet. Second I would say there is no clipper that is going to make the task of shearing your dog easy though you CAN find one to make it easier. This one will make it easier.

How hot any clipper gets is dependent on how long you have it turned on and how hard you work it. While we worked it hard it still gets hot but not as quickly as the cheaper products I have used. Also I would recommend getting the skip tooth blade if you are shearing a dog with a thick undercoat. We purchased the Andis #7 skip tooth blade and find it the better option to begin the shearing process with. Without the benefit of the skip tooth blade I would not have rated these clippers as high. The #7 blade is a must have for longer coats.

You will also need to purchase combs to use on the clippers separately. I don't have a recommendation for them at this time. We bought some that are generic. If I had it to do over I would order combs made specifically for Andis clippers. Sometimes cheaper means less value.

The power cord is a decent length (~ 14') though I still use an extension cord so I can shear the dog on my deck. The cord in similar to the quality of what you find on vacuum cleaners. It stays pliable even in cool weather.

To provide an idea of the task we had I am providing a before photo of the subject. Thick mats can be cut out but not with ease. Busting up mats is still the best way way to go before trying to shear your dog.

We are getting close to doing second hair cut of the season. I am anticipating this will go much easier as the guard hair is not part of the challenge as it was for the first clipping. I will probably get more use out of the #10 blade that comes with the clippers.

Knowing what I know now I would not hesitate to purchase these again.
review image
on March 7, 2014
Got this to shave my matted poodle. I procrastinated for way too long, so my dog was matted, bought this and MAKE SURE YOU GET THE COOLING SPRAY!! This thing heats up so bad that your dog won't want to sit still, for a very good reason too. It's so hot you can't touch it after a few minutes.

However, if you didn't mess around and you shaved your dog often, which I will now do because this razor makes it easy. It will only be a few minutes process.

Pros:
Fast, sharp, powerful to get through matting with some effort.
Cord is nice and long, not too loud.
Can attach other razors.

Cons:
WAY TO HOT
on December 13, 2016
I docked one star for the condition of the package. The clippers themselves are great but the box arrived seriously damaged and obviously opened. I don't know if this was the fault of Amazon or the seller but if buying as a gift, consider another seller. Should have been labeled as opened. The blade had been obviously oiled with the accompanying oil. I chose to keep the unit because I will be using a different blade. I have used this once to cut my very thick coated Poodle. In comparison to the What clippers I have been using, and it's night and day, It took about 2 hours off her grooming time. I am not a professional but I've been grooming her for 9 years after 3 bad professional groomer experiences. It is heavier than my other clipper but I mostly got used to it. You won't end up holding it for as long. It does have some vibration, but pretty equal to any other clippers I've used. Maybe even less. The vibration must FEEL less since she didn't try to pull away when shaving her face. There is almost no noise to it. Before when having the TV on when grooming, I had to turn up the volume. Nice feature. I ran it for about 2 hours and it never got hot/warm to hold. Unlike a few others I have used. Do consider your blade choices. Any review on the actual sharpness of the blade, will only be in response to the included blade. I tend to use ceramic blades, however, I have two blades that are the same make of blade that is included, just different sizes. These blades WILL get hot and relatively fast. I test them often when using them and with them out as soon as it't even remotely warm. I can't attest to longevity yet but will update if anything changes.
on February 9, 2017
Cuts my cocker spaniel's hair quickly and easily. Watch the temperature though because it gets hot fast even when properly oiled.
on September 20, 2016
Powered thru my best friends coat like butter.. when you pick it up you can tell it is heavy duty.. 30 mins running didnt get very hot at all.. only 2 complaints.. it didnt come with any hair depth attachments(im not a professional groomer and cant maintain a certain length of cut free hand) and my large hands kept moving the speed selector it needs a more postive lock or engagement on the speed switch.. other than that it performed awesome.. also plenty of cord which was a pleasant surprise as most things nowadays give you 12inches of cord instead of 12 feet like back in the day.. plus made in the USA im all for supporting American jobs!
on April 16, 2016
i have two shih tzus,and they had gotten their hair matted . I shopped around and went for a cheaper version,It was a bad decision cause the clippers i bought wouldn't cut their hair,then i went ahead and got the andis pro clip,they worked like a charm ,don't get me wrong it took some work, but they cut thru the matted hair.Im not giving this product 5 stars becouse andis didnt send any guards i had to buy them sepertly.Other than that im happy with my purchase.
on March 26, 2017
These worked great. I have tried many different clippers for my Shih-tzu/pekinese mix dog. He has smooth, silky hair. I didn't have to go over and over the same spot to get a smooth look. Worth the extra money ($101.) The only problem, as with most plug in clippers, is that the blade get very hot rather quickly. I have to let it cool down several times to complete a trim. Also only comes with metal blade, no attachments. Must buy separately.
on October 2, 2014
Works much better than the one I bought trying to be frugal. It was worth the money as it saves me time to clip my Shih Tzu and it will pay for itself by not having to pay for a professional groom in just a few visits. It does get a little warm, but it cuts thick and thin areas great. My little guy is not bothered by the noise or the vibration. I would say it is moderate in both sound and vibration. If your pet has been groomed before successfully, they will be fine.
on August 30, 2013
I have used an Oster trimmer for about 7 years with my standard poodle. It finally broke but
it was pretty noisy and had lots of movement to it while clipping. This new Andis is great...
the best part is how quiet it is. It is much, much more quiet than the Oster, which is critical
because our new standard puppy was scared of the other 2 kinds I tried! I have only really
used it one or two times so I can't give it a 5 because I don't know how long it will last....I hope
quite a few years!!
on September 29, 2016
Very nice clippers and functions very well. I would score it 5 stars but the blade tends to warm up fairly quickly. I'm not sure this is an issue for the dog but perhaps there higher end model prevents the heat build up. It does great for my purpose, 23lbs wirery dog.