Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on December 17, 2009
I suppose the sound quality is OK. In terms of durability, they start falling apart in less than a year but I think that's as much as you can expect from this price range (as someone else mentioned, the rubber starts exposing the wires of the L-shaped jack). Where these excel is in design: I have a small head and small ears so most headphones are too big for my head or don't fit in my ears, and it took me over a year to finally find a pair of headphones that stays on. If you have a similar problem, these actually provide a snug and comfortable fit. They won't fall off, not even if you're running or when it's windy outside, and they're gentle on the area behind the ears. These are versatile: so light you forget you're wearing them, they can be used for exercise, and they fit larger heads as well as small ones.
on January 26, 2009
I've been using the Sony MDR-G42LP Street Style Headphones for years and I've long considered them to be the best low-cost, wrap-around, durable headphones around. They'd last about a year before I broke them or one of the speakers would die (I'm rough with technology).

I recently went to replace my dead ones and discovered the new G45s... and I'm disappointed.

> The G45s have a significantly smaller speaker than the G42s and this makes it more difficult to place fully in front of the ear (it slides around a lot).*

> The G42s were made of thicker, more durable plastic and it's easily noticeable when the G45s wobble around like they could snap with a wrong movement.

> The G42s came with ear rests. These don't. A lot of other G42 users feel that the rests were unmanageable, but at least they were removable. These don't even have the slots on the inside if you wanted to put some in.

> They're also heavier and the lack of ear rests make them sit heavily on my ears.

So in conclusion, try them out. People have different shaped heads and ears and no two experiences will be the same, but be cautioned and make sure you can return it to the seller if unsatisfied.

*The size of the speakers doesn't actually impede on the sound quality at all.
88 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2010
Excellent product and has been staying strong. It has clear sound, good bass, durable, comfortable, and stylish.

**Update**
Bought item 02/10/2009 and still working perfectly as of 5/12/2011 (over 2 years later). It's my favorite, most comfortable and most durable pair I've ever owned. Has been thrown around in book bads, purse, and computer bag and still going strong! :)
on August 30, 2009
I have been using the Sony MDR-G45LP headphones for about 8 months now and I am very happy with how comfortable and durable they are. I use them while working out and running and they stay put and I can lie in bed with them on and forget that I'm wearing them. Even though they are incredibly lightweight, I have sat on them more than a few times with no repercussions. Sony did a great job of making headphones that stay put without making them feel tight.

I used these to replace an older Sony behind-the-neck model and the only thing that has bothered me is that I immediately noticed a reduction in bass from my older headphones, and I am by no means an audiophile. However, for the average day to day use with a portable MP3 player or laptop, these are great. 4/5 stars simply because of the reduced bass.
on February 5, 2012
This is my second purchase of the Sony neckband headphones. I still have my first neckband headphones, but I like them so much that I purchased a second pair for my laptop. The headphones have an awesome sound, are very light, and don't feel heavy and bulky like the others I have purchased in the past. The Sony neckband headphones rest comfortably on the back of your neck, which has a comfortable feeling. This was an excellent buy and I would purchase another pair as well as recommend others to purchase the Sony neckband headphones.
on August 4, 2014
These headphones fit well and will not slip off. There are two things I do not like about them. The first is the cord is too short, it needs to be about a foot longer. The second problem is the jack comes to a 90 degree angle which means it twists alot when you move around with it. This movement results in the sound cutting out on one or both of the headphone speakers.
on March 22, 2014
I used to have an older version of these a long time ago. I really like the "Behind the neck" headphones because I ride bicycles and they stay on well.

Good:
1-Priced to sell, after shipping and tax they were under 15$ which is nice.
2-Sound quality for what you pay is amazing. I can hear the bass well and all that.
3-They don't fall off your head while bicycling.
4-I have a huge head and was afraid they would be uncomfortable but they are not.

Cons:
1-The audio quality is not up to par with that of the 300$ headphones but they were under 15$ so who cares?
on August 28, 2010
I guess this was to replace the G42, which simply put for price and sound quality was THE headphone for a metalhead... specifically a DeathMetal head. They had it all, but that is a different product; this review is a warning to all of you who still listen to your music on this type of headphone. Especially those loyal to sony.

The g45 is an inferior product in comparison to the G42 for the following reasons:

Bass is extremely lacking, the highs and mids sound decent but the low end and especially the denseness of some albums will be completely lost, this is only a positive for albums mired in mud already, but unless the album is completely saturated in bass these headphones will disappoint immensely.

The ear pieces feel flimsy and unstable, i am afraid to take them out while running or hiking.

The comfort is nowhere to be found, after around 45 minutes you will notice pain on your ears, specifically the lower section from the lobe up.

The ear pieces are smaller, and will not give you as full of a sound as you were used to.

The chord is about half the length before! be careful if your discman or ipod isn't already in your pocket... in fact if you're over 6 foot 6 they might not even reach your pants pocket!

On their own these might be decent headphones, but compared to the predecessor, they're awful. It's shameful that sony would green light these instead of simply tweaking what came before, in fact that begs the question: why fix what didn't seem to be all that broken?
on March 9, 2013
Good sound.. comfortable earpads, good quality, for the price ... not like your bose headsets, but these work well.. I like them because I wear a hat, and these fit around the back of your head... am happy with them for sure!
on January 18, 2015
I originally bought a pair of these from Circuit City before they went bankrupt and they didn't break. I only bought another pair because I bought Sennheisers out of curiosity and was disappointed... they had the same sound quality. Anyway, I couldn't believe these were still available and couldn't resist buying a new pair... and the quality is still there! I'm betting this pair will last another what... probably ten years if it was anything like the last pair.