Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Grand Trunk Parasheet Beach/Picnic Blanket
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

on May 26, 2011
This thing is like the greatest thing since sliced bread. It fits in a teeny tiny bag and weighs almost nothing. I thought, "Geez, I'll never get it back in this bag!" It goes back in soooo easily. The sand pockets work PERFECTLY to keep the blanket in place and empty out easily at the end of the day. Sand just slides off this material. OMG... it just makes your beach experience perfect. My only regret is that I got it in a dark color. WHAT was I thinking??? Get a light color for the beach or expect to be very warm. Geez, it's only MAY. :) Dumb. Wish it were yellow! Anyway, great blanket. Lovin' it!
0Comment| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2012
We purchased this item for a recent beach vacation. It works great giving you a nice cool alternative to laying on the hot sand. The corner pockets work good to pin the sheet down and we had no issues with the sheet moving around on very windy days (once we managed to get the sheet to the ground!) Very light weight, packs great into its built in pouch, and takes up hardly any space!

One word of caution, do not plan to use this sheet if you are going to be using spray on sun block. We used the Sport spray on sunblock one day and laying on this afterwards has left horrible stains that we cannot get removed.

I will likely end up ordering another sheet as a result, but thought I would share the word of caution!
on July 15, 2009
This 7' square makes an excellent beach blanket, esp with the little "pockets" on each corner that can be filled with sand or rocks to weigh it down if you're not using anchoring. We've "rigged" ours to use as a sun shelter. It stays in the car so it's always handy. It washes and dries easily, so it can be used to protect from dirty messes.
A reasonable prices for a well manufactured product. The seams appear tight, straight and ready for wear.
22 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2011
Great & compact light-weight blanket compared to my old beach cotton towel that it replaced. Saved me a lot of space & weight when going to the beach; just these aspects alone, it's worth the price. It's also made of waterproof material that doesn't soak up water to add weight & it didn't feel hot to the skin to lay on. Loved the color-block combination. Large enough to comfortably fit two people. Used it at Long Branch Jersey shore beach this weekend & thanks to the sand-weighted corner pockets, it held itself in place in the windy weather. Easy to clean to dust off the sand even wet sand, & quick to pack it back to its attached little pouch that's only as big as my fist. One less thing to laundry afterwards. Highly recommend this product. You won't be disappointed.
review image
on November 10, 2011
From the description I assumed this thing was waterproof---i.e. water couldn't soak through it. But it's not, not even close. I put it down on grass that was damp from dew for a picnic, and within a minute my butt was wet. A great beach blanket I'm sure, but be aware, not waterproof.
55 comments| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2014
I finally got around to testing out my Parasheet on the beach. Overall, the product is 'as good as expected.' I measured it for size; it is 7x7 feet as described, which easily accommodates 3 adults (maybe 4, if you're all fairly narrow). The sand pockets are awesome...it was very windy (gusts up to 36 mph), and the corners all stayed in place! The middle of the sheet, however, blew up and down with the wind when we weren't sitting on it. The sand pockets are on the bottom, which is nice. It made it very easy to empty the pockets when we were leaving. I would actually describe the fabric as "sand shedding." After I dumped the sand out of each pocket, I held the blanket up in the wind and the sand immediately slid off. Also - the blanket was very easy to put back into the stuff sack (which is attached, so you don't lose it). I just turned the stuff sack right side out, and started stuffing the sheet back in with my thumbs. It took less than 30 seconds to get the whole blanket put away. Plus, once you cinch the drawstring, the blanket/stuff sack is smaller than a roll of paper towels, so it doesn't take up a lot of room (my folded beach towel takes up double the space). I didn't get the blanket wet, so I can't attest to how fast it dries...but judging by the weight and feel of the material, I imagine it dries fairly fast. Overall, this is a very solid product with a lot of neat little details that make it a joy to use. I only have 2 complaints. 1: It would be nice if the underside of the sheet could be water resistant or even waterproof. 2) Grand Trunk could really use some help in the 'color' department. The Parasheet comes in very few color combos and they ALL look like they were inspired by the windbreakers of the 1980s. I realize that this is how a lot of parachutes look, but still...
on February 6, 2009
The beach blanket is compact , lightweight easy to carry, set up and put away. Great for bringing baby to the beach! Plus stylish. We had to purchase our own stakes to secure the corners. U shaped pegs work great and safe to bring to beach or park.
VINE VOICEon March 10, 2016
This is a light-weight (16 oz) parasheet good for the beach or dry ground. It is 7' X 7' so it is big enough for 2 - 3 people. It folds up into a 4" diameter tube that is 8" long, much smaller than a folded towel that would only hold 1 person. There are corner sand pockets to fill with sand to anchor the sheet at the beach. The carry-bag is sewn-on so you can just stuff the entire sheet into the bag without worry about losing it. There are also stake loops to anchor the sheet on the ground. However, no stakes are provided.

I bought this to avoid sand on my towels. Besides using it at the beach and for picnics, I also plan to use it as a table-cloth for picnic tables. It is machine washable.

I am overall happy with the product except for 3 minor nits: 1) Since you need to stuff the sheet into the carry-bag, the sheet is very wrinkled...it does not look half as pristine as in the picture. 2) The stake loops at each corner no longer look like the ones shown in the video. Instead, they are made of ribbon and not of light paracord as shown. Therefore, these ribbon loops may not be a durable. 3) I got the yellow & teal color combo due to the much lower price. The teal looks more like a blue on the screen but it is really '80's teal (more toward the green) in real life. It is not as pretty as the picture so be sure you really like teal to pick this color. For me, this color combo is the cheapest so I can live with the less than desirable teal. Maybe it'll fade a bit under the sun. ;)
on April 12, 2016
I purchased the Grand Trunk Parasheet Beach/Picnic Blanket for use during our Spring Break trip, where we'd be flying and have limited space in our luggage. The blanket is made of parachute-type material, the same material as Grand Trunk hammocksGrand Trunk Double Parachute Nylon Hammock (Crimson/Khaki) are made from. The material is lightweight and packs down to a small size.

Some features that I liked:
- the stuff sack (carrying pouch) was attached to the blanket, so it can't be lost or blow away
- the blanket had pouches on each corner. These should be arranged so that they're under the blanket and can then be filled with sand at the beach to keep your blanket in place
- there are also loops on each corner so the blanket can be staked down (stakes not included) or tied to trees for shade
- the blanket fit easily into the carrying pouch. No need to fold it up, just start shoving blanket into the pouch and it will fit easily
- quick drying and sand shakes off easily
- sufficient size for a family of 4

I don't have any cons. The blanket worked great on our trips to the beach and I'm very happy with the purchase. Tip - check the different colors when purchasing. When I bought mine, one of the colors was over 50% off so that was the one I purchased.
on September 29, 2015
UPDATE: I purchased one of these parasheets as picnic and beach blanket, and just loved it. Its compact and lightweight, the sand pockets are great for holding down the corners at the beach, and with a simple shake it sheds away the beach sand and packs away cleanly for the next outing.

I recently purchased a second one to use as a lightweight "bedspread" in our camper to protect our summertime camp bedding from dog hair and dirty paws while we're camping. I am sure it will work great for that purpose, but I did notice a couple things that I hadn't with my previous purchase. 1) is the photos for this product show the corner stake down loops as being made of paracord. This is not the case with both sheets that I have purchased. Instead, the loops are fashioned of nylon ribbon. How sturdy that is - only time will tell. 2) is that the product description, and even the product packaging, claim that the sheets are machine washable. However, the product tag states, "Hand wash with mild soap only". Machine washing wasn't something that I considered with the first sheet, since it was to be used strictly as a ground sheet. But with the second one, since I plan to use it to cover our camp bed, I'd like it to be easy to clean. Fortunately, our washing machine has a hand wash wool cycle that was a perfect alternative to washing this thing by hand. But otherwise it would be a bit of a pain.