Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,154 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,238 reviews
on December 10, 2014
I purchased these on Amazon nearly 3 years ago. I wear them daily and for hours at a time. They have been indoors and outdoors for the occasional trip to the curb or garbage can. These slippers are absolutely showing signs of wear but they are still very functional. The soul is in great shape and there are no holes. Yes, the furry lining is matted down, even bare in some places, and there is a stray thread here or there. Did I mention my slippers are THREE YEARS OLD????

These are simply the best slippers I have ever owned and I want to buy another pair. Unfortunately for me, I bought these at $40 and now they are nearly 2x the cost! That should tell you how IN DEMAND these slippers are. On the fence? Hop the eff down and click buy. Your feet well thank you. And feel free to gift me a new pair. MY feet will thank you =D
on March 5, 2016
Had these for about 3 months and they are falling apart. Never even wore them outside, as they were my inside the house shoes. Not worth $60 dollars if they don't even last the winter season. Avoid and try something different from a different manufacturer.
on October 2, 2015
We are NOT happy with the quality of these slippers! I bought them for my Husband's Birthday in October but he did not start wearing them until mid November. Last evening, I noticed something sticking out near the stitching at the toe area on the top of the slipper. Upon closer inspection, I saw that the stitching was breaking and coming out around the upper toe area and also around the entire slipper. The sole stitching was still ok. The same thing was happening to the other slipper too! My husband normally wears a 10.5 street shoe. I had gotten him a pair of the Sorel Falcon Ridge in size 11 but it felt they were running bit too small. He also decided he wanted something that was fully enclosed so I went with this Sorel Manawan style, this time in a size 12. Husband was so happy when he got these and there is plenty of extra room, so the problem is not that these fit tight. The problem is that Sorel has all its footwear made in China now and this is extremely poor quality in the thread used in the stitching! So, buyer beware - The Sorel name no longer means quality, it means cheap products from China! Unfortunately I can't return these because they are past the Amazon return window time frame. So I am out the $74.95 I paid for them and they only lasted maybe 6 weeks! VERY BAD QUALITY!!! I am attempting to contact Sorel directly, but so far I keep getting put on a 35 minute hold. I will keep trying!
on August 2, 2015
Fit a little too snugly. Hope they stretch instead of tear over time.
UPDATE: After owning about a year, the uppers on both slippers split straight down the seam. They had not had that much wear in that time. My advice is if they fit snugly, don't keep them. Get a bigger size. I wear a 10d shoe size, these were a 10, and they fit so snugly they tore. I have relatively small feet for a size 10.Terrible for such an expensive slipper.
on April 21, 2015
Sorel's quality is not as good as it once was. Forty years ago, I had a pair of Sorel snow boots, when I lived in Montana. The quality of those boots was excellent. The wool synthetic/fiber blend lining of these slippers lining seems rather shoddy. It's already starting to shed. And the removeable foot bed, is flimsy, providing very little arch support.
These slippers are not nearly as well made as my other, current pair, of Timberland slippers. Too bad, because the Sorel design is very nice. Just a shame the quality doesn't match the design.

Additional critique:
After having worn my Sorel slippers for about an hour - I would like to make some changes in my original evaluation. I've been wearing the slippers for over an hour without socks, and my feet are sweating, and uncomfortable. However, the temperature is in the 50/s, so that might not be fair.

The slipper design is excellent. But, the wool/synthetic blend lining is not of good quality. Nor is the removable arch support/foot bed - not sturdy enough for good support. I don't think that I'll be able to (comfortably), wear them for very long.
I'm sorry to say that don't recommend these slippers.
VINE VOICEon December 6, 2011
I am not much of a slipper guy, but I'm even less of a cold feet guy. I found these slippers, made by a brand I can trust, and they delivered on all aspects.

Construction:
-They seem well-built with quality, straight stitching. They are not heavily sewn -- meaning they are strictly slippers -- but seams and craftsmanship are top-notch.
-The sole is attached with only a single stitching of medium-gauge thread. It does appear that the sole is glued as well, so this may purely be cosmetic or as a redundancy.
-The interior is what you would expect of a Sorel product. The "fur" is heavily-matted and dense, warm (even when outside), and will hold up for more than a month or two.
-The exterior is made of thick nubuck or suede.
-It wears like a slpper. Meaning that it is flexible and soft on all accounts. The sole is plenty flexible and it doesn't feel like you're wearing around a pair of shoes.

Performance and Impressions:
-These things are warm, warm, warm! Sometimes borderline "too warm" on days that it's not 20 or below.
-They run small. For comparison, I wear a size 13-14 shoe (a "true" 13 by measurement), a 12 Sorel boot, and I ordered these in 14. They fit perfectly.
-The sole does not come up along the sides. This really is my only complaint. I like that they're "outdoor soles" and I can use them when running outside, but if there's any snow that hasn't been shoveled or compacted, they are going to get your slippers wet. Being that they're entirely fabric, this could be potentially problematic.

Conclusion:
In all, I couldn't be more happy with these slippers. They have a very traditional style, they're a quality product, and seem much better built than most any slipper I've seen. It has been one of the best "personal splurges" that I have ever made and I only regret not purchasing them sooner. I have a feeling many people will be getting these as Christmas gifts this year from me so they can take part in my joy. These are worth their weight in gold and, all things considered, provide a great value for the money.
on November 16, 2016
I love these slippers!! I've given up wearing shoes for the most part and usually run around in slippers all the time, but I was going through a pair a month of the standard soled slippers from Walmart and the like. I figured it was time to get a proper pair for indoor/outdoor wear and I chose well. They've been everywhere with me from hiking and kayaking, to playing gigs and going to shows. As for sizing, I wear a 9 1/2 and ordered the 10 since everyone was commenting on them being on the small side. They were snug at first, but these are leather, and leather relaxes and stretches after a day or two of wearing. They still fit great but are "roomy". I'd suggest that if you wear a whole size, order your size, and if you wear a half size, order the next whole size up. Yes, they'll be snug at first, but no fear, they'll fit perfect by tomorrow.
on November 17, 2015
I'd give it 5 stars if it was a 30 dollar slipper.

I emailed Sorel asking about the composition on the lining of the slipper. It doesn't seem to be a whole lot of wool. They told me the blend is 50% acrylic and 50% wool. I'm amazed by the fact a 75 dollar slipper can't have 100% wool in it. It feels as though we're paying for the name brand, but the materials don't match the cost.

They fit great, and they do keep my feet relatively warm. It's winter in Idaho and I'm from California, so I have a hard time staying warm especially my feet. For the most part my feet are warm in these, but when they get cold the slippers just don't seem to act as wool would. That is my major issue, the price vs. the materials.

Secondly, Sorel's major reply to me was that if I felt there was an issue with my slippers I should contact the warranty department. I was more so wanting to gather information about the slipper, and thought it was odd they directed me there. Having a replacement for a slipper that is mediocre would just give me two pairs of mediocre slippers.
on August 8, 2016
I am currently wearing a medical boot, and there are times when I just can't stand it anymore. I ordered these to give me potential relief from that as there are times throughout the day, I need to be on my feet. Sure enough, once I was able to squeeze my 12EEEE feet through the opening, my complaint for almost every slipper, I discovered that they were a great replacement when I was sick of the boot. The support is outstanding. After checking them out I also ordered two more pairs in size 13. Wow what an incredible slipper, and below market value.
on February 18, 2016
Just terrible in the end. First impression is phenomenal. Nice grippy solid soles with a quality looking and feeling exterior. The interior feels soft and fluffy. It makes you want to live in these things. However the interior is made with some cheap artificial "faux fur". It lasts about a week. Id say a good 25% of it has pilled and rolled out in chunks. The remaining 75% has been flattened to the point of not existing, the texture of it has changed to a cheap rough packing peanut feel. The soles and exterior are still in excellent shape and I feel like those are quality pieces that will last a LONG time. Ive had these shoes barely 4 weeks and ill be throwing them out. 4th pair of Sorel products and theyre really starting to slip on quality. Save your money and buy something made with real fur that will last. IF youre buying these online...just dont. If youre looking at them in person dont be fooled by the excellent looks and first impression.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.