Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HOBO Vintage Robin Wallet,Black,one size
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Color: Black|Change

on April 5, 2013
I was so looking forward to getting this wallet. Wanted something smaller for my smaller size purses. I also like this style of change pocket with the kiss-lock closure. Nice soft leather, perfect size, just what I was looking for, but.....the bill compartment is too small. I read the reviews and some of them mentioned this, but I thought the bill pocket was smaller than what people might prefer, not so small that it's a struggle to put bills in and take them out. If the pocket was 1/2 inch longer it would be the perfect wallet. Unfortunately, this one feature ruins it for me. Why would Hobo make a wallet that won't easily accommodate your currency? Beats me!!!
on September 30, 2008
This is a very nice wallet and looks great. It has plenty of slots for credit cards. I really like the part of the wallet made for change. The only thing I might change is that the billfold is a little small. The bills don't sit perfectly flat.
on January 10, 2013
I already had a hobo wallet that I loved but this one is of poor quality. The coin enclosure does not close properly and the coins fall in the bottom of my purse.
on December 16, 2010
I purchased the Hobo International Robin wallet to carry in purses that my Belinda wallet doesn't fit nicely in. This wallet is a smaller version of the Hobo International Rachel wallet.

The magnetic closure makes for super easy access. I have not had any issue with the magnets wreaking havoc on credit cards. The wallet is tri-fold with an exterior pocket with a kiss-lock closure. The pocket is large enough for a lipstick, some change, and a small tin of hand salve.

There are only 3 credit cards slots, which is somewhat limiting. Also the area to store dollar bills in is not long enough for an un-folded bill, so you must fold them.

This is a useful/functional wallet. The leather material and overall construction of the wallet are very good quality. Overall I do like this wallet a lot, but I just don't love it the way I do the Rachel wallet.
on September 25, 2014
Very disappointing. I wanted a small-ish wallet for travelling. I was very excited because this color and size and shape was exactly what I wanted.

Sadly (and I cannot understand how an American company could do something this stupid) the main compartment that is for your bills is about half an inch too short for American dollars. And if you have a couple of hundred dollars in twenties in there between them being too long and the poor design of this wallet you can't get it closed.

I did not notice how bad this problem was when I put all my things in the wallet the first time. Then I left for a trip and this wallet was a constant annoyance for the 5 days I was stuck with it in my purse.

If I could return it I would but it's too late for that. I'll use it the next time I go to Europe since Euro's are a bit shorter, but for any one living in the US I'd say buy something else.
on September 17, 2010
This wallet is the perfect size (not too bulky or long) and has several compartments: one for the driver's license, and another three for credit cards, plus a zipped compartment and another pocket behind the credit card slots. This is in addition to the billfold and coin compartment. It's very easy to stay organized, and the wallet looks luxurious without having logos stamped all over it.
on January 27, 2013
This wallet was inferior in every sense. First of all, the leather was not soft and smooth, but rather, hard and cracked. In addition, threads were loose and it looked like the wallet had been previously used. Very disappointed!
on March 27, 2014
I read most of the reviews on this wallet before spending the money on it, and I'm so glad I pretty much ignored the one star reviews... This wallet is amazing, and it is definitely a TRUE Hobo. It is very soft leather, and does not have a potent leather smell by any means. It has a very faint, quality leather smell that has already pretty much worn off after one week of use. I have gotten compliments (from men and women) every time I have pulled this wallet out of my purse. The reviews are correct in that the bill pocket is just a little too short to put bills in length-wise, but I do not think the wallet was designed to have the bills lay flat, as it is clearly not a flat wallet; it folds up into itself. I just fold my bills in half and stick them in, and it works great. The interior is not as pictured (I love the interior that came in the wallet), but I'm glad it isn't because Hobo typically varies the interiors to make each piece somewhat original. All in all, I am so happy with this purchase and the seller. Thank you for making this Hobo affordable for me!
on January 30, 2013
bad design on the coin change -leather gets in the way of closing well and all coins fall everywhere
very unhappy with wallet
on June 9, 2014
I read all the reviews on Amazon for the Hobo Robin wallet and it looked like the biggest complaint was that the dollar bill compartment was too tight. I really loved the compact yet elegant design of this wallet, so I decided to try to find one used, but in good condition off ebay- (for a 10th of the price new) just see if I would like it. I found one in "mulberry" (GORGEOUS color!) and it is definitely well loved (read: several years old, has a few worn spots, but clean with no stains, smells or tears) but it seems this wallet just got better with time. The leather was perfectly broken in and SO buttery soft. Much softer than the new ones I've seen in Dillard's. The best part is the bill compartment has stretched out quite nicely and it's very easy for me to put dollars and receipts in.The magnet is still just as strong as the new ones I've seen. The interior fabric has held up perfectly. I can definitely endorse this wallet as durable and well made.

See 1 answered question