Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 103 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 122 reviews
on April 19, 2014
This is, hands down, the best gaming headset I've ever used in my life. I'm using it with the ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound Card.. What a combo.

Design? Looks gorgeous, in my opinion

Sound quality? Speechless. I just can't describe how awesome this thing is.

Microphone? Let me tell you this. This is the closest thing you'd get compared to something like a Snowball microphone. Amazing.

How comfortable it is? Extremely comfortable.

Lastly, please.. Do your ears a favour, and get a nice sound card if you're willing to use this headset for its full potential. Don't use the gimmicky USB adapter. Please know that this review is based on me using the headset with the sound card, and not the USB adapter.

Thanks for reading, and I hope that this proves helpful.
on June 27, 2017
Having owned these for about 5 years, I feel it's about time I write a review! Well, they've lasted all this time without breaking, which for me, says a lot since I've gone through several headsets in much less time. Most importantly to me, these are the best sounding headphones I've ever used, including earbuds. I care more about sound quality than most people I know, still buying CDs and ripping to lossless to this day, and I'm very happy with the sound quality of this headset. They sound way better than my Bose Quietcomfort 35 and Bose Quietcomfort 25 earbuds, and WAY better than most gaming headsets that I've used. The bass and treble is very well-balanced, which seems uncommon with thumpy, exaggerated bass with some headsets. When these finally break or I need a new set, I'll definitely be buying Beyerdynamic. They cost me $350 5 years ago and it was money very well spent.
on February 15, 2017
I have had only 3 gaming headsets. The G35 logitech gaming headset and the wireless version of that which are both fantastic headsets for gaming. This one is my third one that I bought to go with my HT OMEGA CLARO II 7.1 Channel PCI Sound Card since I needed a 3.5mm jack plugin headset.

Online reviews majority viewed this headset as the best in some top 10 gaming headsets in 2016 and I have to agree with them. I have had this for about a week and initially it works really well with my new sound card, better then my other gaming headsets in terms of sound quality.

That are noise cancelling especially since they really grip your ears comfortably. At first the felt to tight, but over time they felt just fine and proved to be noise cancelling.
Very nice it came with a case for easy transport of the headset.

Overall I use this now for gaming because it feels good and sounds better then my other 2 gaming headsets, (probably because this one uses my sound card, the other ones had their own built in sound cards.) 10/10,

Just worried that it might break in 2 years because it is expensive ($250) but so far it seems worth it.
on April 22, 2015
By far the best headset for gaming and VoIP. I wear a headset 3-5 hours per day and I have always found that the gaming equipment designed for long and extended game play is far superior to "business class" products. This Beyerdymanic MMX300 is excellent. It is comfortable for very long periods of time, has excellent sound reproduction and a superb mic that is crystal clear. Being that I wear a headset for long periods of time the cost really is not a decision factor. This headset is worth every single dollar you spend. It is light weight, yet built of quality replaceable parts. The ear cups are round instead of oval like Sennheiser headsets. Sennheiser is another recommended product and especially the PC 363D. However the MMX300 is a better product for the money. This is the headset to own and use. Most other products are cheap toys. If you want the best product, need to wear the headset for extended periods of time and need excellent sound reproduction and perfect microphone clarity stop right now and add this to your cart.

Update 9-19-15 - I use this headset every single day and after months of use they are still perfect, sound amazing and have the best mic for crystal clear voice reproduction. Still are extremely comfortable with no noticeable wear. With the 2 to 1 adapter they also work wonderfully with an iPhone.
on January 27, 2017
Owned these pair for over 90 days, so I'll fully review this product. These headsets are used quite often for gaming and I tend to switch them with my Steelseries headset.

Package & Delivery
Arrived on time w/ package in good condition. Product box looks awesome. Additional items come with a carrying case and extra pair of velour ear pads.

Aesthetics & Comfort
Looks great on the eyes. The metal build is well-crafted just how Germany is known for. The plastic accent on each side look decent, but they are meant to be customized and replaced. I have a small size, frame and they fit just right on my head. The pleather on top of the Beyerdynamics is slightly uncomfortable, but I personally arrange my headphone at a small angle to avoid this. They can be released easily as well. Also, the velour ear pads are soft, but I prefer them to be leather and to be cushion like memory foam against my ears. Either way, the ear pads still work.

Sound Performance
I tested these Beyerdynamic cans on both music and gaming. While the impediance are only 32 ohms, bass and tremble are not existent. This favors for the cleanest and sharpest sounds. With the help of a high-quality, headphone dac and amp, bass becomes more vibrant on Beyerdynamics. Since the range is 5-35hz, its hard to hear close/distant footsteps or other sounds while gaming.
Once again, the headphone amp does help these headphones close in the hearing range.

Microphone
Great build for a mic. Easily adjustable to move up or down, even though it feels that it sits on top of a magnet like the Antlion mic. Does look great and appears as a pilot headset. Done tests with games and voice calls like skype and teamspeak. All of my friends tell me that I sound clear on the mic. Be aware to not have the mic too close from your mouth or else it causes peak. Every software work how they should, but Teamspeak sounds the best from all of them thanks to the voice cancellation. They did a good job on their part.

Overall, Beyerdynamics is a true winner for being just a 5 year, gaming headset. The reasons why only 4 stars is because the hearing range is too wide and some may find the headsets to be uncomfortable. As I mentioned above, these are minor adjustments as for it comes to just preference, not a major setback from headset. It seems Beyerdynamics intented the headset to be clear in communication or else there would have been high bass and tremble Highly recommended for gaming. Thanks!
on March 1, 2016
Received the headset today along with the Soundblaster ZxR Card and I am just blown away at how good everything sounds. The one element that stood out immediately was the rich sounding bass without bass boost on in software for the ZxR. One of the first games I played was Battlefield 4,. and I did have the virtual surround on with the sound card and the overall quality was just amazing. I also played a little music using the headset and the sound was rich, and engaging. Honestly, I have never owned a pair of headphones or a gaming headset with the quality this one has. I am completely ecstatic at the moment and I cannot wait to test it out in more games as well as more of my music. I realize that some people in these review have had some issues and I read almost every review before purchasing. I was debating between Seinhauser and these and in the end I am completely happy with my choice.
on June 6, 2016
Ill just be blunt, the headphones and mic sound great. The cord sucks.

These headphones worked pretty good for me for about 6 months or so. Then I started having trouble with sound only coming from one side. I would press the wires together where they split, then sound would come back. Eventually, this stopped working, and the headphones were useless (as was the mic). I cut that part out and re-soldered it together, but my soldering sucks and I didnt have good tools to do a good job anyway. I'm planning another solder job with a new cord for the headphones and mic, as well as making them detachable. I'll edit again here when its done.

I wouldnt recommend these unless you are prepared to fix and tinker with them.
on November 20, 2014
Hands down the best gaming headsets out there. I've owned a lot of headphones and especially gaming headphones over the years, and finally decided to get something that would last and also sound great. Too many other pairs were expensive and ended up being either poorly built or didn't sound any better than a pair of $10 over ears. These sound great in and out of games and nailed the microphone.

I've got a pair of T5p headphones from Beyerdynamic that I use at work, and given how awesome sounding and comfortable those are, decided to give these a shot. Construction is study, the cups feel excellent, and audio is superb. Worth it to drive these with a decent sound card though instead of integrated audio - I notice a huge difference using an ASUS Xonar versus the Realtek built into my motherboard.

Carrying case is a nice extra but not really something I'm going to use a lot. The cable is also nice and long and not cheap feeling. No microphone droop or sag either - the rotating arm has sturdy detents and the flexible arm firmly stays in position, something a lot of other gaming headsets get wrong (common problem is to have the microphone sag away under gravity or with head movement). They're also closed ears and the cups have a decent seal while being comfortable so the audio doesn't leak and disturb my roommates. The top padding is excellent too - the crown of my head doesn't ache after five minutes like it does with some headphones that just plain weigh too much and don't pad properly.
on March 16, 2014
Sound means a lot to me, I am into good sound, functionality and comfort over long use - especially for gaming.

Now I have owned and own a lot of headset, personally I own headsets for specific jobs, if I want to listen rock I have headset A, for classical music headset B, etc.

I had some disease as a kid that impacted my hearing, it "improved" it, I can hear a higher range of frequency, now this impact my selection of headsets, so a lower quality headset that don't play the higher ranges or lower ranges in good quality will give me a headache.

Can you get a better headset? Yes, but not one designed for gaming with a microphone on the headset, or yet to see one. Can you get one with a more bassy feel -yes. If you like crystal clear sound, great authentic base, this is the best headset right now.

Is there a cheaper option with same sound, Beyerdynamic DT700 32ohm, get a desk microphone you will get amazing sound like this for less, but not in all in one solution.

But for all in all solution for gaming with 5hz-30000hz, 32ohm headset, crystal clear sound that is comfortable to wear for 10-12 hours at a time, little to no sound bleed, it delivers amazing sound at 32ohm, gets a bit more omph if you use an amp. It in short is quite simply is the best there is for gaming right now.
on July 30, 2015
Initially gave it a 5 star review, but my left speaker is now not functioning do to a bad wire connection which seems all to common now in the comments section. I'm going to try and get these covered under warranty. I would recommend nopt purchasing at this point however if this is such a common complaint for these headphones. I purchased in May 2015 and to have them go out in less than a year is ridiculous.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.